Renpure Ren Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

Ingredients: Purified Water, Sorbitol (Sugar*), Acrylamide/Sodium Acrylate Copolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut*) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower*) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary*) Leaf Extract, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Psidium Guajava (Guava*) Fruit Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Red Seaweed*) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Red Alga*) Extract, Sargassum Filipendula (Brown Seaweed*) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter*) Oil, Hydroxypropyl Guar, PEG-5M, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride (Palm Oil*), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. (* Derived Source)

on 6/17/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

For the price, this is a very good cleansing conditioner for my wavy, color treated, fine, but tons of it hair.10-12 pumps are needed for my a bit longer than shoulder length hair.
My biggest disappointment is that there is actually NO mint in the ingredients so it is baffling to me how anyone could review that they get a "tingle" from this. I actually have a dry sensitive scalp so I LOVE the shampoos and conditioners that have a bit of a tingle, like ColorProof and Pureology, or some of the tea tree lines. This is only scented (perfumed) with mint, and not much of that either, so I would not use this every day because my scalp will get irritated after a while.
As far as conditioning goes, I still need a bit of spray leave-in to get through the tangles around my ears, but I need that for any shampoo and conditioner combo, so I won't hold my tangles against it.
This does not weigh my hair down, or interfere with my curl pattern, and it plays nicely with any of my styling/curling products I apply after I get out of the shower. I always air-dry my hair, and I have no problem racking my fingers through my hair after it is dry.
Overall, it is a decent cleansing conditioner for a great price, especially as Walgreen's seems to like to BOGO it a lot, but be warned if you have dry or coarse hair, you will also need to use a leave in conditioner (or use more of this as a leave in ) because this will not be moisturizing enough on its own for your type of hair.

on 5/7/2015 8:43:00 PM

I have been wanting to try Wen for a few years now. I hesitated to purchase it because I felt like my hair would be greasy and dirty feeling. I have very oily skin and hair and have been using a daily clarifying shampoo for years. my hair is now frizzy and damaged. We'll I ran across Ren cleansing conditioner at walgreens and decided that since it's cheaper than wen I would give it a shot. I'm so thankful I did! After the first use my hair felt fresh and healthy. It really cleans your scalp and makes it tingle. After a week I still love it. I suggest everyone give this stuff a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I joined MakeupAlley just so I could REVIEW THIS PRODUCT!!!! Bravo Renpure family. This cleansing conditioner kicks butt! Buy it! I will never be without this.

on 11/24/2014 7:34:00 AM

This is my first try with a cleansing conditioner. I like this, but I definitely can't skip a day of shampooing when I use this... I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and I think my hair looks great! I love the pump style bottle, too. Originally I thought following the bottle's instructions (10-12 pumps) was a little much, but I have found that I need at least 10 pumps to cleanse all around my scalp and long hair. I like the minty scent, too! I will probably buy this again...I love that I can find this at Walgreens and Target!!!

**Update--after going through an entire bottle of this product, I don't think I would repurchase...Although I love the idea of a cleansing conditioner, this conditioner really seems to weigh down my hair and I feel like mid-day my hair kinda looks greasy, especially the hair around my face...I think I will keep looking for a different product that might be better for me...**

on 8/29/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After searching long and hard for a great cleansing conditioner for my long, thick and highlighted hair I came across this one by Renpure. I must say I'm impressed. The consistency is very thick and creamy which is perfect for my thick and dry hair. It went on like butter and rinsed off easily. It has no sulphates, parabens or animal testing and contains plenty of organic ingredients. This is perfect! My hair feels soft/looks shiny and my scalp pleasantly tingles for hours after each use. I would strongly recommend this for its overall quality and price compared to other cleansing conditioners :)

on 8/27/2014 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair: Fine but I have a lot of it, curly/wavy, dyed regularly, halfway between shoulder and boob

I used the argan shampoo and conditioner from Renpure for a long time, and I still love them, but I wanted to just get rid of shampoo altogether and didn't want to sell an arm, leg, and possible kidney for the price of Wen or try a conditioning cleanser from some well-known regular drugstore brand like Pantene or Garnier as I've never really had good luck with those kind of brands.

So I picked this up at Walgreens. It's 16 fl oz, thin consistency (think like a thin lotion). I do really, really like this product, but I'll start with the negatives first to get those out of the way.

One, it's not moisturizing enough for me to be able to use it on the mid-lengths and ends of my hair. I need to use a separate conditioner on those parts (argan oil one from Renpure), which I don't really mind because yeah I guess a cleansing conditioner is supposed to be able to eliminate that step but what can ya do. It only adds like 15 seconds of extra hair-cleaning time so I'm not mad about it.

Two, it says it can function as a leave-in as well, but I found that when I tried using it that way it weighed my hair down (remember though I have fine hair). Those are really the only negatives I have to say about it though.

This does get my hair clean, without being stripped. I don't need to use as many pumps that are suggested because I thin mine out a bit with water while it's on my head so I can really get the most out of it and spread it around easier. I find that it doesn't take that much effort, either. I've never tried Wen but from what I've heard about it, it sounds like you have to spend 37 years in the shower washing your hair lol but I just spread this on, massage it around for a couple minutes, and it rinses out easily.

Also a nice tingly/cooling sensation on the scalp from this, which is a wonderful feeling during summer. The scent doesn't really linger, either.

I used up about half of my bottle in a month's time, which I guess isn't so bad because it is a pretty small bottle.

I wish they had a "not sure" bubble to click for "would you buy this product again?" because I do really like this, but I've started using the As I Am coconut cowash and it's cheaper and I like the smell better, plus it's more moisturizing, so I really don't know if I would repurchase this. But overall I do think it's a great product and it still leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy about Renpure as a brand.

on 8/18/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am a competitive swimmer which means practice everyday, and so my naturally bleach blonde hair was absolutely fried from the chlorine. I was naive and decided to try and get the chlorine out by using the V05 clarifying shampoo every. single. day. Huge mistake. By trying to help my hair I was really destroying it even more. So I had been asking some friends about hair products when my neighbor introduced the renpure cleansing conditioner. She let me try it (and ultimately keep it; it didn't work out for her hair type) and the shea moisture restorative shampoo and conditioner. So now I have been using renpure cleansing conditioner every day for the past week, no shampoos at all just a bit of the shea moisture conditioner, and let me tell you, my hair feels absolutely splendid!!! I have naturally thick, kinky, medium length hair that was frizzy and unmanageable before the chlorine, but afterwards was a complete mess. This stuff turned that right around, and honestly, I can say that my hair has NEVER felt better than it does now. It's not greasy or limp at all. It has body, bounce and shine. Seriously if you need a hair miracle, this is your jam. I hope renpure never stops making this product.

on 8/12/2014 10:39:00 AM

I love this cleansing conditioner! I have collar length, wavy/curly, dyed blonde hair that is very dry and this product really delivers softy, silky tresses without frizz. I co-cleanse my hair when it gets longer. I'm not one of those gals who can go 2-3 or more days without washing my hair at all - kudos to people who can - but I love clean, fresh-smelling hair, so co-washing is the way for me. I have also used the pomengranate formula, which I believe to be more moisturizing than this formulation, so I alternate between the two, and actually shampoo my hair once a week to remove any buildup. I like the way my scalp tingles and the minty scent. I believe my hair holds on to the color longer and it does not get brassy, like it would using foaming (sans sulfates) shampoos. It's $7 bucks a bottle, which for me is a real bargain, since I don't need to buy an additional bottle of conditioner, even though I go through this quicker than normal shampoo. I hope Renpure NEVER stops making this product. Wen is way too expensive for how much you receive and quite frankly I don't see any difference in the product results.

on 12/15/2013 12:11:00 AM

As a cleansing condition, Renpure's Cleansing Conditioner performed so-so for me. I have thick, oily hair. I followed the directions on the bottle to the T but I got so-so result.

Firstly, the conditioner itself was a lot thinner than I imagined. It was watery and an opaque white. I have long hair so I used probably closer to 18 pumps to cover my head. I massaged it in for a few minutes and waited until the end of my shower to rinse it out. I spent a lot of time rinsing it out because my hair easily looks weighed down because it is so oily at the roots. I towel dried my hair and noticed that as my roots dried, they looked surprisingly clean. But as the rest of my hair dried, I noticed that the ends felt dried-out and even the dried hair felt like it was covered in some waxy, semi-oily residue. I guess I did not rinse one spot on the back of my head as thoroughly because it was really stringy and even oilier than the rest of my hair. While my hair wasn't as "dirty" looking as I thought it would be, it looked weighed-down and flat. There was no shine and softness to my hair at all. I ended up washing my hair later that night with a sulfate-free shampoo and my hair looked infinitely better- much less limp and stringy-looking.

I'm giving this 3 stars because instead of throwing this away, I decided to see how well it would work as a shaving cream on my legs. And it worked wonderfully like this- my razor glided over my skin like it never has before and I didn't nick myself once. And my legs were especially moisturized after the shower.

So as a cleansing conditioner for thick, oily hair? I don't think this would work out without weighing the hair down and making it dull and stringy. But as a shaving cream, it's pretty awesome. I'm glad I'm using it in some way or another.

on 11/11/2013 8:57:00 PM

This is a very nice cleansing conditioner. It smoothed, de-frizzed and de poofed my wavy hair. The only thing that I can say, negative about it, is this left my hair crunchier than HairOne and Wen. I have to say that, hands down, Hair One is better and perhaps equal to Wen. Renpure is also a great alternative, and you get more for your money. Also, I woke up the next morning and not a single hair was out of place. This Renpure might be good to have on hand as a replacement for hair gel and mousse. Even after I shook out the crunch, there was not a single hair out of place. After I slept on it - and I toss and turn like crazy - my hair was perfect. And when I say de frizzed and de poofed, I do mean not even a bit of frizz, which is hard to do with my hair. So anyway, this is not the best, but it has winning qualities. It might just be good to have as a back up for special occasions. Hair One and Wen for everyday use.

Hair One: 12 ounces $10 + shipping
Renpure: 16 ounces $13 + shipping
Wen: 6 ounces $20-$30 + shipping
(This is just based on where I live)

It seems they all have mint in them, though. I guess that's the active ingredient? I'm thinking about just buy some mint oil and making my own.

Next, I'll be trying the L'oreal and see how that goes.

Once more, over conditioning is a strong possibility with this, even for my porous hair type. Every other day or so, maybe every other couple of days.