Laura Mercier Plum smoke

4.7

Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Silica, Dimethicone, Isonoyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Synthetic Beeswax, Tetrasodium EDTA. (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).

on 12/29/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Plum is a violet taupe with a smidge of black making it incredibly wearable even for day. Like all the caviar shadows you have to work quickly because it sets so fast but what beautiful results. I would have to use 4 or 5 brushes and spend so much more time if I wanted the same effect with powder shadows. I also have khaki and sandglow which have the right amount of shimmer so they bring light to your eyes but not in a flashy way. Thanks to the person who obviously did a lot of work to develop the formula and the colours. I don't think I want to ever consider a powder shadow again. These smooth out the eyelids so well and really take years off! I don't care what the price and I cannot wait for more colours to come out.

on 11/12/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was quite iffy about paying $20+ for a single eyeshadow, but this one is worth it! LM eyeshadows blend LIKE A DREAM. They are super, super finely milled and spread easily, so you don't end up with patches of color like with some other soft eyeshadows.

Plum Smoke is a soft, matte purple-taupe color. I love using it as a light, smokey wash all across my lids, but it can also be a subtle crease color. It's well-pigmented but not ridiculously so, so it's idiot-proof and easy to apply if you use a soft brush. This is the perfect, classy eyeshadow for a day at the office or for... whenever you'd like, since it's toned-down and understated.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the packaging is a bit bulky and it takes up a decent amount of room in my shelf when I put it with my other singles (most of them are small round singles, so Plum Smoke doesn't fit very well). Also, there's no indication what color is inside, so I can foresee some confusion if I end up owning more than just one LM single eyeshadow. On the bright side, the package has a mirror, which is appreciated in case you were really desperate for one.

on 10/20/2012 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am basically just adding this product. I recently purchased it but I haven't had a chance to use it. I will update my review soon. But I can say I am not a fan of the packaging, it's just not my style nor do i find it useful when organizing my stash. I am a little wary of corn starch being the second ingredient of the product content. I haven't had the best results with corn starch as a product ingredient so far, but that was more for the face and not the eyes. ::shrugs:: we shall see.

::Edit:: 10/28/2012

So yeah, I needed a different brush. Mac 217 really made these eye shadow go from "I don't think this is working at all" to "wow, that looks incredible". For how pale I am, this colour needed a light hand and some serious dispersement of pigment. This shadow was difficult with out the proper tool. The color is really nice.