September 18, 2014 | 1896 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Phoenix rising bath bomb

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I guess it's a special bathbomb for a special person. I love cinnamon. But I think I overused the cinnamon apple scents when I was younger and got obsessed with the scent. I tried this because I don't have a LUSH near me and it looked interesting despite the scent. Well, I loved it. Better than Sex Bomb. This was my second lush bath. It smelled better in the tub. My water was purple with gold glitter. It was glorious and it really made me feel serene.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by chelsij

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

meh. the color was great and the feel was good but the smell wasn't what i'd hoped for. i felt like my nose was about to overdose on candy. just seemed like it was too strong.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

This is the second bath bomb I've tried and it was just ok.

I liked the purple color the water turned...it even had golden swirls from the glitter. Of course I was less pleased with the purple color my tub turned.

The smell was nice but left no scent o my skin which was disappointing.

I might repurchase this one...but would rather spend my money on trying other bath bombs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The reason I bought Phoenix Rising was because of how it looked. Kind of like the bath bomb Dumbledore would choose! :P Dark purple with a dusting of gold, it was just pretty to look at. However I will not repurchase.

The smell is cinnamon-y sweet. It was near Christmas when I bought it so I thought it'd be perfect for a holiday bath. It was a simple dissolving experience, no pops or surprises inside except for a small cinnamon stick which is fine with me, sometimes you want a simpler bomb but the outward appearance made me think there would be more to it. It turned the water a dark purple but not like a true purple...more like the color of beets.

It smelled really nice and made the water incredibly soft. I really enjoyed the bathing experience with this bomb.

However, after I got out and put on my pajamas I felt itchy. There was no redness or rash of any kind but I just noticed I kept scratching my legs and arms. I hadn't used any other new products besides that one so unfortunately I have to assume that is what caused the itching. And for this reason, I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This came in a giftbox I received for Christmas; it had never impressed me in store, but figured I may as well use it. It has an incredibly strong cinammon scent. I don't mind a little bit of cinammon or ginger or spice, but Phoenix Rising is so strong! As it bubbles gently away, the cinammon scent gets stronger and stronger, and the bath water turns a dark shade of opaque purple which unnerved me for some odd reason. It also leaves a lovely green tidemark on the enamel, with gold glitter. The scent stays on the skin, which thankfully was quite warm and pleasant. But I will not buy this one again, it's just not my cup of tea at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It was a sad for my wallet when I discovered Lush. Their bath bombs are pretty awesome and Phoenix Rising is one of my favorites. It's a purple bathbomb with gold specks and a cinnamon stick in the middle. It smells like warm apple cider and cinnamon. Once you throw this bad boy into the tub, the water turns a deep purple with gold flecks. Eventually the cinnamon stick dislodges and it floats around the in the tub so you have to fish it out when you're done bathing. I laid in my tub for about an hour, reading and relaxing. I smelled awesome for hours and hours afterwards. It's one of the most lingering bath bombs I've tried. It made my skin very soft too. It did leave a slight ring in the tub once I drained the tub but I just rinsed it with my shower head and it was easy to clean up. I just ordered a second one today. If you're a bath person and you like the smell of warm autum/christmas scents, then I would recommend this.