November 21, 2014 | 1826 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Lipstick in Almost famous (44)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very pretty coral red, moisture to wear, cheap price for color make up, but the coverage could a bit better. sadly it is no longer discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

It's ok, I guess. It's red yet leans a bit towards pink, which makes me uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of pinkish stuff. But to my surprise, I got complimented while wearing it and my boyfriend prefers it to other shades of red that I own. He said it looks more natural. Maybe it will grow on me...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by matouli

Sheer colour, not great lasting power but I don't care. Gives an almost natural red colour to your lips. It looks more like a tinted lip balm than a lipstick so I love it for everyday makeup looks. Packaging is cool except it's kind of cheap and the point of the lipstick kind of hits the lid a lot if you know what I mean...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of the more pigmented Essence lipstick shades. Almost famous is a beautiful warm red, in color it is very similar to Revlon's Lip butter in Candy apple and even the consistency isn't that different, the texture of the Lip butters is thicker and creamier though. It has a strong fruity/bubblegum scent which I don't mind. It wears off quite fast, in an hour or two but it leaves behind a nice red stain. This shade is not available in the USA, I bought mine in Europe but have no idea in what other countries it is also part of the lipstick range. At first I thought it was the same product as the red Essence lipstick they sell in the US called Red carpet and although I can't be sure because I don't own it I don't think it is the same shade because they are numbered differently.
I don't really like the plastic packaging, it does look cheap but it is also kind of cute. I would repurchase, it is a perfect product for someone trying to get used to wearing red lips but doesn't have the courage to put on an opaque matte red right away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No