October 24, 2014 | 1215 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a GC to Nordstroms. I needed some volumizer and they don't carry my usual brand so I figured I would try something new. I was actually looking for something I could use on wet hair but the SA recommened this one and I didn't see it was a spray for dry hair until I got home.

First, it was pretty expensive. But I am willing to spend some money on products that will add volume to my super fine, silky textured hair that just hangs limply.

Second, the smell. It is odd. I've seen reviews saying the scent is great but it's...odd. Kind of reminds me of the smell of someone getting a perm(lol).

Third, my hair type is super fine, thin. This is made only worse by the fact I have lost alot of weight(43lbs in 3 months) and that triggered a massive hair shed. I seriously cry in the shower at all the hair I am losing. Apparantly, it's normal and will stop. I've been to the doctor and there is nothing that can be done. So....I need a good volumizer.

This stuff didn't add much volume. Just felt like a light hairspray/hair powder combo. Like a very light dry shampoo. But it didn't WOW me like I expected.

I am getting better results with sexy hair concepts root pump plus which is cheaper so I will continue to buy that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Had this touted to me as a cult following HG kinda product which sells out and has people running in to snatch it off the shelves ...was looking to replace my HG volume spray (David Babaii volcanic ash root amplifier) which was tragically (for me:) discontinued .... This does nothing like what the DB one did ....it gives some volume ...but not enough ....it also smells foul-not a pleasure to apply. (And I never use the word foul, please let me stress that... I think it's a weird and unpleasant sounding word lol) this spray can also build up in hair and make it feel gunky and heavy.....it doesn't have any residue feel like a hair spray, so it didn't texturise or coat the strands....now I use this as an expensive dry shampoo after gym...it's more effective that way....
The lid /spray top area looks cheap and unfinished -it looks like the skeleton underneath the cap- I actually thought my can was broken/malfunction etc and their is no lid to go around the plastic hand gun trigger mechanism ....it feels wrong and unfinished .
Oh and did I mention how unpleasant the smell was for me? Who pays to make their hair smell rotten?? I don't understand because the Kendi oil and volume conditioner are from the same bamboo range and smell divine ?? How did this hurt so bad for my nose?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this didn't work any better than hairspray for giving my fine hair some volume at the roots (and hairspray doesn't work very well to begin with). It didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, but it definitely did nothing in the volume department either. Going to try either Shu Uemura Volume Maker or Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray next.