July 28, 2014 | 954 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion de Rose

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried a few Prada perfumes and I don't consider myself an expert at perfume reviews, I am not very good at picking out individual notes at all, but since there are no reviews at all, I feel compelled to at least try.

The bottle is clear glass with a rosy/mauve impressionistic caricature of a young girl with a rose bud. It is similar to the Infusion D'Iris bottle (I have the EDP, big bottle, 3.4?) Did I mention the juice is lightly rose colored?

This is a lovely tea rose scent with a citrus support, perhaps yuzu or bergamont. The reason I cannot tell is that I don't smell the citrus, but I sense it because it makes the rose smell "freshly picked."

Great sillage, lasting power not so much. Its a lovely, fresh picked rose, slightly green, but pure. I can't really detect a dry down, it is fairly one dimensional, but certainly the zen rose, quintessential. Maybe a slightly powder impression at the end. What it lacks in complexity it makes up for in purity. I cannot really comment on the dry down, as I cannot appreciate one. I had a single tea rose oil that smells very much like this, but no sillage as it was a skin oil, if you can imagine a single tea rose note balanced with a sunny citrus note this would be it. I cannot tell Turkish rose from Bulgarian rose from other roses, so I am no hope there. Notes listed say it is a blend of those (Turkish and Bulgarian). I don't detect the supposed honey notes that are allegedly in there.

I am really not a fan of rose in scents, which may prompt the question why I got this in the first place, but it was a good deal, it was Prada, I love Infusion D'Iris so I took a chance on it. I am glad as this one is quite lovely and may serve to change my mind about rose scents as a category. I am really more of an iris or jaz girl.