November 20, 2014 | 2078 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Covet

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good eyeliner but not an awesome one. The formula is very creamy so it glides on the lid well, and only smudges on a microscopic level once it's dry-- but I do wear an eyeshadow primer and powder base under it. However, it is difficult to get a fine point because it is so creamy, which isn't a big deal for me since I can get a pretty crisp line anyway, but the tip tends to break off after sharpening if you're not gentle. The slightly-iridescent, emerald-green color is striking and right on the fall 2012 trend, but I think the silver sparkles cheapen the look. In this case, Tarte's Amazonian Clay and Covergirl Liquiline Blast liners beat out UD (championing a drugstore brand over a quality one feels weird but it finally happened) because they have shine and iridescence without the glitter, giving them good dimension and keeping it sophisticated. I'm kind of wishing I bought Tarte SmolderEYES in Emerald... If you stare at it for a really long time you might notice it's just a hair warmer shade then UD's, but no glitter. Anyway I probably won't be repurchasing this, but if you don't mind the silver bits, it's a pretty good liner.