Essence Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner

4.4

on 8/6/2015 7:51:00 PM

YES! Very pigmented and lasts all day! I have slightly oily eyelids and always have some smearing but not with this stuff! For $2.99 you can't beat it!

on 7/16/2015 5:39:00 PM

How on earth does this get such great reviews?!

Yes, it's cheap. However, it sucks. It was very easy to use, but it felt so strange on my eyelids. It felt like I had used glue on them. It looked strange too, and didn't move naturally with my eyelids but instead tugged on them (I hope this makes sense). Also, it was very hard to get off, even with my awesome make up remover (yes, I know its a waterproof eye liner).

As much as I would not like to recommend it, its cheap so try it. I am obviously a minority here, so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

on 6/17/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first bought Essence's Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner, I didn't know what to expect. I had only used kohl pencils before and didn't know if I would be able to work with a liquid liner. Since it was also very cheap, I didn't expect much of it.

It took me some practice, but I easily learned how to create that perfect glance. The black color is a lot more intense than those good old kohl pencils and the applicator is quite easy! I like how it's solid but also flexible (=perfect!). The eyeliner also lives up to the promise of being waterproof. If I rub my eyes, the eyeliner might flake off a bit, but stays put in general.

The only downside of this product is that you can't avoid spilling some eyeliner on your eyelashes (or face), since it's liquid. I don't mind that much and just take the excess eyeliner away. It even looks a bit like I've put on mascara, so two for the price of one, hehe!

Based on my experience, I would totally recommend this eyeliner. I love the quality, especially for such a low price! It's the only liquid eyeliner I've ever used and I'm so content I keep buying it over and over!

on 4/13/2015 2:00:00 PM

This is an underrated liquid eyeliner but it is a holy grail product to me! I work for 8 hours and this liquid eyeliner works and stays all day without smudging and it can be removed easily as well (with makeup remover). The price won't hurt you. In terms of applying the product - it can be watery and it takes time to dry but it doesn't matter to me. Overall, it is a great product!!! Highly recommended.

on 3/4/2015 8:56:00 PM

I like this eyeliner it's pigmented and easy to use the only thing I don't like about it is that it seems to have a slightly runny consistency so be sure to wipe some of the excess off on a tissue before applying I'd say that it needs to be touched up every 4 hours or so

on 2/26/2015 4:54:00 AM

Wow. This is the ultimate matte liquid liner formula! It's the most opaque it could be, it doesn't crease or wrinkle or flake, and it lasts a long while. The downside I've found is the brush tip just sucks for fine application and doesn't draw a line of consistent thickness. Now don't judge me for still giving this 5 lippies with that issue, because it's just simpler for me to use an angled eyeliner brush to apply this than stress about the bad applicator for this wonderful product.

This stuff is amazing and inexpensive. My new favorite black liquid eyeliner.

on 2/24/2015 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I will add my love for this liner. It's not the only one I ever use, but that's because I get board sometimes. When I need very black, long wearing, easy-to-use liner, it's my absolute go-to! I have used every high and low end Iiquid liner out there and this is better than almost any I've used. Takes a bit to dry, but boy does it stay in place. Dirt cheap as a bonus!! Love it greatly!!

on 2/24/2015 3:53:00 PM

I have to say I love the Essence Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner. I have nothing but good to say about this product. There are many more pros for me than cons. Pros: -Truly black in color -Dries matte -Super affordable, under 4 dollars usually. -Small so great for travelling -Great amount of product for the price. (Most drugstore liners of same/similar size are anywhere from 7-12 dollars) -Easy to remove -Fixing slight mistakes are easy as it doesn't dry too fast but doesn't take long. Cons: -Would be good if the brush was a small bit thinner. (I am someone who likes thinner eyeliner and I do not do a cat or winged liner look) -Only available in Canada at Shoppers Drug mart and seems like it's only available at Ulta in the US. Overall, as someone who likes thin and very black eyeliner, I love this one! It's a makeup must have. The fact that it doesn't leave a shadow of any sort on your eye after removable is the best part of all! I will repurchase!

on 2/3/2015 11:42:00 AM

I picked this up after seeing all the great reviews here, and I would agree that it is a pretty decent eyeliner - especially because of the price.

The formula is rather thick and it dries down to a deep matte black. It does not smudge or transfer (ok, maybe just a tiny smidge) and it is very waterproof. You can rub it and run water over it and it will not move. I wore it for 14 hours yesterday - I went to work and the gym, and it held up all day. By the end of day, the formula was starting to break apart and flake off but its pretty impressive since I have oily lids, and I did not use primer.

This has a felt tip applicator, and it is not the thinnest tip so it is better suited to drawing thicker lines. I manage to get a sharper wing by using the tip of my nail to pull out the wing before the formula dries.

Packaging looks a bit childish, but it is small, compact and does the job so I can't complain. The most impressive thing about this eyeliner is the price point. It was 3.99$CAD and performs just as well as other drugstore brands like Loreal Lineur Intense or Maybelline Line Stiletto (both in the 8-10$ range). I won't say I prefer it to the Stila Stay All Day liner (26$) which offers more finesse (the formula doesn't break apart, the edges just start to blur slightly, and the applicator allows much more control and the ability to draw sharp thin lines) but it is obviously much more expensive.

In conclusion, if you're looking to draw thick, dark lines that stay on all day on a budget, this is a great choice!

I cant even express how happy I am with this product. I randomly saw a video on yt there this product was used, and once I saw that it dried to a matte texture I started looking up reviews. Everyone seemed pretty happy with it and it's definitely inexpensive enough to justifying trying no matter the budget.

A little about my "liner needs"
I have sensitive, watery eyes and oily hooded lids.
I'm also allergic to mineral oil, which halves the marketplace as well.
So i unfortunately ask a lot out of an eye liner.

This one however....I am So happy and excited to have in my collection.
I love the wand and applicator. It very easy to handle, and use.
The formula goes on jet black. Its not to watery or thin. Not to thick or clumpy.
Every though its a "slippy" product it doesn't transfer or bleed into other areas.
Easy to fix any mistakes, generally easy to work with and get any desired effect.
Doesn't irritate my eyes. And if my eyes water for any reason, it doesn't transfer or budge.
Then it dries to a gorgeous matte finish that stays jet black and beautiful all day.

I highly recommend!