July 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by guernicatautou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this a lot, mainly the fact that it is around $3, but it is an intense matte black. It isn't really waterproof, it will stay put all day if you don't touch it, but if you decided to wipe it, it will come off completely. Its hard to explain but I can say that I would repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and hate it. It is super wet. Even after it dries it looks wet. I couldn't return it so I gave it to my sister. The price is awesome and I liked the packaging but hated the product. I'll stick to Essence super fine eyeliner pen from now on

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After a few days of researching this eyeliner, I wanted to give it a go. It's definitely a great price and actually comes with a lot of product. The Maybelline Line Stiletto has 1.5 mL of product, this has 4 mL. So definitely a great price.

For the product itself, I love it. It's very very very pigmented and matte, which is instantly a very nice classic looking color. The product for me doesn't budge, smudge, flake or move once it's on ( I swatched it the day I got it and let it dry, tried to rub it off and it would not budge!), and removing it is actually not hard at all for me. I use Equate's oil-free eye makeup remover and the eyeliner comes right off really easily. The only thing that I noticed was it does crack after drying, leaving a few small gaps here and there, but nothing very noticeable unless someone was staring right at the eyeliner itself and was all up in your face. I always have been used to scrapping the excess product off on the inner rim of the eyeliner before putting it on, so for me, the tip picks up the perfect amount after doing that. Also, since I haven't tested the waterproof part, I wouldn't be able to tell you, but seeing how it stays put, I'd say it might withstand a little bit of rain or crying.

The tip is a bit hard to work with though, but I like it because it's the only kind of tip I have really used. I just wish it went to more of a point instead of a rounded off type of end. It works fine if you have a steady hand, which I don't, but I am still able to somehow manage to get that nice sharp tip at the end of my wing. The tip is very very soft and flexible, which I do like a lot too. It's a decent length as well, which helps in applying the eyeliner without having to move your hand as much.

All in all, I could call this my holy grail liquid eyeliner, but I have only tried 3 other eyeliners (Maybelline Line Stiletto, ELF liquid eyeliner, Jordana liquid eyeliner in the thin pencil I forget what it's called), so I can't compare it to much more. For now though, this IS my favorite and I will repurchase it again and again! For a cheap drugstore product, this is really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Melisje

Very good eyeliner. The tip is a little hard to work with (takes some practise) but it stays on until you remove it. Rain, sweat and tears don't erase it. I never take it anywhere because I never have to touch it up. Would buy this product my entire life. I've used many eyeliners but i've never been this satisfied before.

I don't use primers or other products underneath it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by rorousama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is just great. I bought it because my sister told her friend liked it very much and it is soo longlasting and doesn't fade.

And it is perfect: It isn't shiny / it's matte, it stays on all day and believe me I bought already so many eyeliners from expensive brands and the line never stayed in place because my eyes get so oily and at the end of my eye I tear a bit, but with this eyeliner everything was fine, no problems!, and I read some reviews that the pencil is too thick to apply a thin line, well I had really no problem my line was ultra thin!
And the best, it's soo inexpensive!

totally recommend this and definitely a buy-again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

1 of my new discoveries!! I love this eyeliner. It's very black and VERY WATERPROOF!! It's less than US$4 & some change, I wish that I didn't have to go to patronize Ulta to get this. Essence is a really good but vastly underpromoted line well worth checking out, even if it means going to a bit of extra trouble. Their black gel eyeliner w their eyeliner brush rocks too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly feel like this is the only waterproof liquid eyeliner on the market. I have insanely oily eyelids - I wear primer and eyeshadow and I even have to blot my eyelids sometimes during the day... (awkward, I know). In addition, I also have hooded monolids, so my eyeliner is always rubbing against my upper eyelids. This is the only liquid liner I've ever used that has managed to keep my liner perfect all day - something I never thought was possible! The applicator may be a downfall for some; it is a thicker stick-like applicator. It's not a problem for me because I like thicker eyeliner and a stiffer applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing price, amazing staying power. Glossy black. Ugly packaging, I hide this in my stash. A tad too much product is always on the tip, a better ''stopper'' would be needed. I've gone to sleep with this, and was able to wear it two days in a row, and it looked GOOD.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

I have a love hate relationship with this eyeliner, I love the formulation and how pigmented it is. It also has great lasting power but the application tip is way to thick and I can't get a precise point when I do winged eyeliner, I don't know if i got a dodgy one but i didn't like the applicator at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by pritzaaahhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I could never put on eyeliner before. I made the mistake of always buying thin tipped liners and could never get the line right. I decided to try this because it was so cheap and the reviews were great. I don't know if its the texture of the product or the applicator but I can finally put on eyeliner with great ease!!!! Hell, on my second try I actually managed to line my eyes on a moving train. This product is amazing! It lasted all day! it is pigmented and super cheap Definitely recommend it!