April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

1 of my new discoveries!! I love this eyeliner. It's very black and VERY WATERPROOF!! It's less than US$4 & some change, I wish that I didn't have to go to patronize Ulta to get this. Essence is a really good but vastly underpromoted line well worth checking out, even if it means going to a bit of extra trouble. Their black gel eyeliner w their eyeliner brush rocks too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly feel like this is the only waterproof liquid eyeliner on the market. I have insanely oily eyelids - I wear primer and eyeshadow and I even have to blot my eyelids sometimes during the day... (awkward, I know). In addition, I also have hooded monolids, so my eyeliner is always rubbing against my upper eyelids. This is the only liquid liner I've ever used that has managed to keep my liner perfect all day - something I never thought was possible! The applicator may be a downfall for some; it is a thicker stick-like applicator. It's not a problem for me because I like thicker eyeliner and a stiffer applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing price, amazing staying power. Glossy black. Ugly packaging, I hide this in my stash. A tad too much product is always on the tip, a better ''stopper'' would be needed. I've gone to sleep with this, and was able to wear it two days in a row, and it looked GOOD.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

I have a love hate relationship with this eyeliner, I love the formulation and how pigmented it is. It also has great lasting power but the application tip is way to thick and I can't get a precise point when I do winged eyeliner, I don't know if i got a dodgy one but i didn't like the applicator at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by pritzaaahhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I could never put on eyeliner before. I made the mistake of always buying thin tipped liners and could never get the line right. I decided to try this because it was so cheap and the reviews were great. I don't know if its the texture of the product or the applicator but I can finally put on eyeliner with great ease!!!! Hell, on my second try I actually managed to line my eyes on a moving train. This product is amazing! It lasted all day! it is pigmented and super cheap Definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I bought this after the success I had with their gel eyeliner.

What makes or breaks a liquid or gel eyeliner for me is if it can keep a winged look without fading or smudging. Just like the gel eyeliner, this one is DEFINITELY a keeper. Super water proof and really black, and it stays that way throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite liner. Love the tip. Love how it's ACTUALLY waterproof. Only downfalls are the packaging: it's tiny & will easily get lost in a big purse. Also the applicator top will easily crack & detach. But the product is to CRY for! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$3.99CAD at Shopper's Drugmart

Pros:
- felt tip application that has a perfect flexibility for perfect application
- no bleeding, no smudging onto bottom of eyes, no transferring to top lid unless you have really hooded lids then you should wait for it to dry before opening eyes
- quick dry time
- long lasting
- matte black that is pigmented
- small bullet packaging that will fit in any makeup bag
- easy removal with cleansing oil

Cons:
- only sold at Shopper's in Canada

Must try

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by dardarthvader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in tears. Oodles and oodles of tears. Do you want to know why?

Because I can cry and cry for days with this eyeliner on and it will barely budge. This is the best, most inexpensive waterproof liner I have EVER purchased. EVER. I've gone thru so many brands and so many different types of liners such as the Maybelline Ultra Liner, MAC Blackest Black Gel Liner, Sephora Gel Liner, Revlon ColorStay, ELF eyeliner pen/liquid liner, etc. etc. The closest to having my makeup not budge with my teary-eyed self (I have very sensitive tear ducts... got it from my mama) was a tie in between Ultra Liner and MAC Gel Liner. The problem with these two were flakes like crazy, gloppy weird formula, price, and not smudgeproof.

With this liner, it's a perfect matte black that isn't gloppy like the Ultra Liner. It's a nice consistency- not too watery, not too thick. Doesn't stick to the lashes. The applicator is also extremely easy to use and can work with a thin or thick line. And here comes from the great, inevitable part..... it says it's waterproof, AND IT MEANS IT. Crazy, huh? I tear up all the time, whether it's because of laughter, wind, actual sad tears, onions, staring at Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the TV and realizing I'll never have him- you name it, I'll cry for it. I also have very oily lids. This liner barely ever budges, and if it does, it only tends to fade out a little on the very inner corners of my eyes, and even then it's not too terrible! I just touch it up which is very easy to do. It doesn't flake or sting my eyes whatsoever which is what the Ultra Liner always, always did.

The only thing I hate is how god damn miniature this thing is. Less plastic is better for the world, I suppose....

Now buy this product.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by celerytaco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing for such a affordable price. Defs recommend to others :)