January 31, 2015 | 971 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 1:12:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cant even express how happy I am with this product. I randomly saw a video on yt there this product was used, and once I saw that it dried to a matte texture I started looking up reviews. Everyone seemed pretty happy with it and it's definitely inexpensive enough to justifying trying no matter the budget.

A little about my "liner needs"
I have sensitive, watery eyes and oily hooded lids.
I'm also allergic to mineral oil, which halves the marketplace as well.
So i unfortunately ask a lot out of an eye liner.

This one however....I am So happy and excited to have in my collection.
I love the wand and applicator. It very easy to handle, and use.
The formula goes on jet black. Its not to watery or thin. Not to thick or clumpy.
Every though its a "slippy" product it doesn't transfer or bleed into other areas.
Easy to fix any mistakes, generally easy to work with and get any desired effect.
Doesn't irritate my eyes. And if my eyes water for any reason, it doesn't transfer or budge.
Then it dries to a gorgeous matte finish that stays jet black and beautiful all day.

I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:00:00 AM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, if you love black liquid eyeliner, you NEED to try this. This eyeliner is seriously the best kept secret at the drug store (or is it since it's always out of stock at Ulta). I have tried my share of high and low end eyeliners (as you can tell by my previous reviews), but I have finally found the BEST liquid eyeliner, or should I say the best eyeliner of any kind, that I have ever tried. It also doesn't hurt that it's about $3 at Ulta. The downside to this product is that it might be a little hard to find since I've only ever seen it at Ulta and it's usually sold out. This liner has a felt tip and dries to a completely matte finish unlike many of the other liquid eyeliners at the drug store or even high end liquid liners. The tip is fairly thin and I can get a pretty precise line, but I will admit the only thing that could be better is if the tip were a little thinner. However, this liner has amazing staying power. I just put this on my unprimed bare eyelids and took a hot shower (i'm talking really really hot) for >30 min and even washed my face with soap, and this eyeliner was still perfect when I got out (no flaking, cracking, running). I've worn this to weddings and parties and it's stayed perfect all night long. However, it removes easily with waterproof eye makeup remover or micellular cleansing water (and it doesn't come off in chunks and get into ur eyes like some other waterproof liners do). I have oily hooded monolids and this is the only liner that doesn't even flake in my inner corners. If you love the $3 NYC liquid eyeliner used by so many makeup gurus on youtube but always wished it was waterproof, this is the answer to your prayers. This is just as black, matte, and intense as the NYC liquid eyeliner, but it's also waterproof, which officially makes it the best budget eyeliner at the drugstore. I just hope Essence never stops making this wonderful little gem. You get a fair amount of product, and I've had mine for months and there's no sign of running out. Essence also makes a felt-tip pen version of their liquid eyeliner, but you get a lot less product. I haven't tried the felt-tip pen version, so I can't say if the performance is the same, but I haven't been that tempted to try because this liner is so good. Whenever I'm at Ulta I always pick up a backup if I see that it's in stock because I never want to be without this liner in my collection. This beats any other pencil, gel, or liquid eyeliner that I have ever tried (milani, maybelline, NYC, nyx pen and gel, sephora brand, stila smudgepot and pen, mac fluid line, bobby brown gel, kat von d, K-palette 24 hr liquid pen, physicians formula, wet n wild liquid and gel, l'oreal pencil gel and liquid). You have to try this. I promise you won't regret it. PS, Ulta also sells this online on their website.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

OOooooh-eeeee! This is the best liner for your buck.

It is truly waterproof - I have done sports activities and it has stayed in tact. I have cried at movies, due to boyfriends, and my eyeliner still looks great. I have lost this, and not cried, and have happily purchased this at least three times now!

PROS:
- Felt-tip makes it easy to apply, and does not pull or is harsh on your sensitive eyelid skin
- True black - it is dark, and not grey
- Truly waterproof!
- GREAT PRICE! I buy mine at Shopper's Drug Mart for no more than $3

CONS:
- I do wish that the felt tip were slimmer so that I can be flexible with the look I am achieving, but instead, it is usually a thicker line. It is by no means too thick, but it would be great to have an option of a fine, thin eye line

Must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by staysee321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent eyeliner. I am not great at perfecting the cat eye look but I do wear eye liner for a night out. I've tried many different brands and types of liners including gel liners with brushes(super hard !) . This eye liner is just as good and long lasting as any high end brand liquid liner. I love the felt tip of this liner for precision lining. I much prefer it to the thin bristle type liners that make it difficult to make straight lines. It is super inexpensive and convenient and there is no reason to break the bank buying a high end brand when this one works just as well if not better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I've re-purchased this eye-liner in NON WP time & time again as I just LOVE it...Today my Shoppers Drug Mart only had Water-proof left, so I nabbed one of the last 2. They often are sold out as they must be popular. I'm a light to medium brown complexion so it's extremely important that I get a rich black pigmented line in order to show up on my dark-ish lids...And I DEF get one w/ this extremely in-expensive liner. It's incredible, I put it on at 6am & by 6pm it's STILL put! It's perfect for one like me w/ a shaky / bad liner hand as the tip is nice & felt, rather then thin split hairs of say, my L.A. Looks Liner. It looks high end on the lids & not faded, spotty or cheap. I purchase one every 7rl wks as they're soooo affordable. My Stilla Liner which cost me roughly $31 CAD I gave to my Stepmom after only 2uses as I honestly prefer this one even over that higher-end alternative. It's small & light weight so great for purse or even pocket should you require a touch up thru out your day & most importantly will NOT put a dent in your wallet :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lilbug96

This is the best eyeliner I've ever bought. I've tried high-end eyeliners, and they all seem to melt off my slightly-oily lids after about an hour of wear. Not this eyeliner! I don't even have to use a primer under it.

During an 18 hour shift at work, this baby DID NOT BUDGE.

I love this product so much.

It's easy to use and apply, it comes off without too much trouble, and is wonderful for longer periods of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by becsta457639

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best liner I've ever used. Holy grail. Does not budge and it's so cheap! Highly reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rosalie9313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner works better than any 20$ one I've used, and that it costs 3$ makes it perfection. My new favourite liquid eyeliner, and also the only liquid eyeliner I've been able to successfully apply on the first go. This stuff stays put but is easy to remove, is very pigmented and forms a perfectly dark, matte black. Would definitely recommend picking it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and hate it. It is super wet. Even after it dries it looks wet. I couldn't return it so I gave it to my sister. The price is awesome and I liked the packaging but hated the product. I'll stick to Essence super fine eyeliner pen from now on

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After a few days of researching this eyeliner, I wanted to give it a go. It's definitely a great price and actually comes with a lot of product. The Maybelline Line Stiletto has 1.5 mL of product, this has 4 mL. So definitely a great price.

For the product itself, I love it. It's very very very pigmented and matte, which is instantly a very nice classic looking color. The product for me doesn't budge, smudge, flake or move once it's on ( I swatched it the day I got it and let it dry, tried to rub it off and it would not budge!), and removing it is actually not hard at all for me. I use Equate's oil-free eye makeup remover and the eyeliner comes right off really easily. The only thing that I noticed was it does crack after drying, leaving a few small gaps here and there, but nothing very noticeable unless someone was staring right at the eyeliner itself and was all up in your face. I always have been used to scrapping the excess product off on the inner rim of the eyeliner before putting it on, so for me, the tip picks up the perfect amount after doing that. Also, since I haven't tested the waterproof part, I wouldn't be able to tell you, but seeing how it stays put, I'd say it might withstand a little bit of rain or crying.

The tip is a bit hard to work with though, but I like it because it's the only kind of tip I have really used. I just wish it went to more of a point instead of a rounded off type of end. It works fine if you have a steady hand, which I don't, but I am still able to somehow manage to get that nice sharp tip at the end of my wing. The tip is very very soft and flexible, which I do like a lot too. It's a decent length as well, which helps in applying the eyeliner without having to move your hand as much.

All in all, I could call this my holy grail liquid eyeliner, but I have only tried 3 other eyeliners (Maybelline Line Stiletto, ELF liquid eyeliner, Jordana liquid eyeliner in the thin pencil I forget what it's called), so I can't compare it to much more. For now though, this IS my favorite and I will repurchase it again and again! For a cheap drugstore product, this is really great.