Essence Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the Essence Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner on a whim while already having THREE other liquid liners on the go that I'd purchased within a 2 week period, none of which I was happy with: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner, CoverGirl Intensify Me Liquid Liner, and Sephora Smart Liner.

In a nutshell, the Revlon liner had a great precise tip but streaky and inconsistent product, the Cover Girl started off strong but the product was also streaky, quickly drying out and the Sephora liner again started off strong with product flowing nicely to the very tapered tip but quickly started skipping within the first 3 days, like a pen running out of ink.

However, the Essence Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner in Black is wonderful! The price: $3 Cdn at Shoppers - awesome. The product: glides on smoothly and consistently without any streaking or skipping, right down to the applicator tip. A rich black that dries quickly to a matte finish. The applicator: sponge with a slightly rounded tip. It takes a little effort to create a pointy cat's eye with this shape of applicator but not much. Waterproof: yes, without any flaking or smearing - didn't budge through an hour long hot yoga session.

The packaging is simply designed, it's just the screw-on applicator and the container.

My new HG product.

this is my holy grail eyeliner. this brand never let's me down even when I want to splurge nothing ever compares to this. the brush part isn't the best because its a spondgey like tip but I got the hang of it once I used it a few times. the formula is great lasts alllll day and night, doesn't bleed around your lash line, awesome price, great quality.

I originally bought this in the waterproof version. Does not smudge, lasts all day and doesn't irritate my eyes or transfer onto my contacts. I find if you are in heat for prolonged periods of time (sweating), it can break down but at that point I'm not sure any product can hold up. I do have oily lids and this holds up perfectly for everyday wear.

I don't think I will spend money on high end liners anymore as this is cheap and you don't feel the need to "conserve" (trying over and over to get winged liner done correctly and feeling like you're wasting product).

Overall awesome product, I have also bought this in the regular formula. That one does flake slightly on me so I do prefer the waterproof but that formula is still a better choice than some.

I used to use Bourjois liquid eyeliner, then I thought I would try the one from essence since I really liked this brand since I saw it recently and thought it would be a cheaper alternative to use more frequently, so checked the great reviews here and bought and so glad I did, it's really good, easy to use, dense black and stays on allll day long until you wash it off, love it!

Perfect? No.... but close enough for such a cheap drugstore liquid eyeliner. Would definitely repurchase!

It does everything that it claims such as being waterproof and I don't regret a single penny I spent on this product. No smudges or flakes after a long period of wear, only some fading but that's going to the extreme (10+ hrs) AND I have oily lids. The pigmentation is incredible for the price. So rich and black, and it dries matte fairly quickly. Love!

My only fuss about this product is the felt tip. Although it is very short and easy to maneuver, I find that the actual tip of the applicator is too thick for my liking. It is hard to get a very sharp edge for the classic cat eye look, and requires a bit of practice and getting used to.

One con isn't going to outweigh all the amazing qualities of this product. I found my new holy grail waterproof - super black liquid liner!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love this liquid liner. It's darker and longer lasting than Physicians Formula Eye booster! It does take a few seconds longer to dry than PF because of its higher alcohol content, but once it sets it does not smudge. I haven't noticed and eye irritation due to the alcohol but people with more sensitive eyes may need to watch out. (Alcohol is a common ingredient in liquid liners, don't be scared unless your eyes are sensitive!)

The felt tip doesn't come to a sharp point which is my only complaint, unless you're a master artist, use a better brush if you want thin, sharp lines.

YES! Very pigmented and lasts all day! I have slightly oily eyelids and always have some smearing but not with this stuff! For $2.99 you can't beat it!

How on earth does this get such great reviews?!

Yes, it's cheap. However, it sucks. It was very easy to use, but it felt so strange on my eyelids. It felt like I had used glue on them. It looked strange too, and didn't move naturally with my eyelids but instead tugged on them (I hope this makes sense). Also, it was very hard to get off, even with my awesome make up remover (yes, I know its a waterproof eye liner).

As much as I would not like to recommend it, its cheap so try it. I am obviously a minority here, so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first bought Essence's Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner, I didn't know what to expect. I had only used kohl pencils before and didn't know if I would be able to work with a liquid liner. Since it was also very cheap, I didn't expect much of it.

It took me some practice, but I easily learned how to create that perfect glance. The black color is a lot more intense than those good old kohl pencils and the applicator is quite easy! I like how it's solid but also flexible (=perfect!). The eyeliner also lives up to the promise of being waterproof. If I rub my eyes, the eyeliner might flake off a bit, but stays put in general.

The only downside of this product is that you can't avoid spilling some eyeliner on your eyelashes (or face), since it's liquid. I don't mind that much and just take the excess eyeliner away. It even looks a bit like I've put on mascara, so two for the price of one, hehe!

Based on my experience, I would totally recommend this eyeliner. I love the quality, especially for such a low price! It's the only liquid eyeliner I've ever used and I'm so content I keep buying it over and over!

This is an underrated liquid eyeliner but it is a holy grail product to me! I work for 8 hours and this liquid eyeliner works and stays all day without smudging and it can be removed easily as well (with makeup remover). The price won't hurt you. In terms of applying the product - it can be watery and it takes time to dry but it doesn't matter to me. Overall, it is a great product!!! Highly recommended.