April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Concealers - Essence - Stay All Day Long Lasting Concealer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first tried this out on a whim maybe a year ago and have repurchased a couple times. I was concerned something called "natural beige" would be too dark for my fair skin but it's not. I use it for under eye circles mainly and minor imperfections and it does last all day on me(over foundation, underneath powder). Packaging is simple and doesn't leak. I purchase a new concealer every few months (if it has a wand) and don't feel guilty about throwing it away because it isn't very expensive. I'm sure I'll try different concealers for curiosity sake but go back to this one because it's just as good as more expensive brands (I've used L'Oreal true match, Maybelline, Clinique etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd heard great things about this product so I had very high hopes, despite the price. I found the shade 20 suited my very fair skin tone well however there isn't a wide colour range and people with darker skin tones may have trouble finding a match.

It is a very creamy consistency and blends very easily and never looks cakey. It lasts well, not sure about 16 hours but it lasts a while regardless. The coverage is hit and miss with me. If I use it to cover a red blemish I don't see any difference. It's almost like I haven't put anything over it. However, I find it works well under the eyes and conceals my dark under eye circles like a dream. I'm not sure what is going on with this concealer!

For the price it is a very good concealer and I would repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting much from this concealer based on the price - it was way too cheap to provide any real coverage. But boy was I wrong! I have a hard time finding concealer that matches my extremely fair skintone but this one does. It brightens my under eye area so nicely and I love the texture. It's creamy and blends well. I've also tried applying it on blemishes and scarring and while it doesn't completely cover scarring, it gets rid of redness and conceals imperfections rather well on my skin. It lasted me quite a few months before I had to repurchase so it's definitely worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I don't have bad under eye circle so I use this concealer as a brightener to give my face dimension and I also prefer this to per say maybelinne dream touch lumi,because there's no shimmer. if I want shimmer I'll apply my highlighter afterward. The price is very affordable and it has a more yellow undertone which I love. I apply this when my skin is around nc27 during winter but during the summer when I'm tan nc35 I apply the maybelinne instant age rewind concealer in the shade "neutralizer"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lovesabrinaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gotta admit, i'm an essence girl! this product is amazing for the price it's sold at. Obviously there are better, but for the price (Which is super cheap!!), it covers pretty well. i was pleasently surprised when i first tried it. i have terrible dark circles and with this, you hardly notice them which is amazing! I always buy this, i am saving money and still getting an awsome product. I recommend it 100%! Find it at a shoppers drug mart or another drug store :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Jnheartsxo

Reasonable coverage for the price. A decent product!! Great for highlighting. Very affordable. Would buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!!! I know there's only two shades- but I have a golden olive skin tone and use the yellow undertone one over top my foundation. Doesn't really stay for 16hrs like it says- I guess it's cause I hav oily skin.... Still a great product though. Packaging is sleek and transportable pocket wise. The applicator looks like a lip gloss stick. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by 2010

Very creamy concealer with decent coverage. It doesn't last that long on my oily skin - anywhere from 4 hours - 6hours but it is easy to reapply. Very cheap at Shoppers.It's only available in two shades (both of which are very light) which will definitely be a problem for people with darker skin. I would probably repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this concealer in the lightest of the two shades available in 10 Natural Beige for $3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. For the price you get 7ml/0.23oz provided in tube packaging with a doe foot applicator.

The shade is a perfect neutral match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1. The formula is very creamy, blends effortlessly, provides light to medium coverage, can be layered for extra coverage without looking heavy or cakey, sets to a satiny matte finish without any obvious shimmer, feels comfortable under the eyes without feeling and/or looking dry, and doesn't budge or settle into fine lines/creases under my eyes.

The cons are this concealers inability to conceal blemishes and 16 hour wear time claim. I find the satiny matte finish draws attention to that blemish area and I personally prefer a matte yellow toned concealer for that task. In addition this doesn't last 16 hours as claimed as I tried it, but more around 7 to 8 before fading is evident, but seriously I think that's pretty impressive time.

Honestly I bought this and completely forgot about it, but I finally got around to giving this a go and I'm seriously impressed by this concealer. This product has found it's place of great concealers I've tried and would repurchase, plus it's inexpensive and the product amount is generous when I started comparing it to others I have and love in my collection. It's truly a gem product in the Essence make-up line and if you are lucky enough to match either of the two pale shades available (10 Natural Beige or 20 Soft Beige), I would suggest giving this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Serafina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I love Essence products for their affordability and the fact that they don't test on animals. I was hooked from the first time I used it. It covered my dark circles and acne beautiful without looking cakey and did not crease. I have dry skin, and sometimes when it is extra dry, like Winter, I can find it hard to properly blend some makeup products, but never had a problem with this. I felt it was lightweight and wore like a dream all day. In fact, after purchasing this, I used it daily and didn't use my former HG Makeup Forever HD concealer.

Now the down side. This thing comes in 2 shades, pale and paler, so a lot of people will have a problem with this. I hope that they come out with more shades for the American market, then I would recommend this to everyone.

Now the bigger problem. This contains a wheat ingredient and I cannot have wheat for medical reasons. Admittedly, I should have checked closer, but I'm still new to checking cosmetic items for questionable ingredients, but I find it inconvenient that the package didn't state the ingredients. I only discovered that it contained wheat after searching the Essence website, when my eye allergies had become unbearable and I ended up with pink eye because of it.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who is pale enough and doesn't have a problem with wheat cooties. I would have gladly used only this concealer for the rest of my life, due to the quality and the price, but, sadly, not for me.