September 18, 2014 | 1981 users online

Concealers - Essence - Stay All Day Long Lasting Concealer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no complaints about this product. I use it mainly as a under eye highlighter. I do not have dark circles so I can't say if it works on that and I do not use it on blemishes, but I do have fine lines under my eyes and this concealer does not crease on me at all and it stays on for at least six-eight hours. For the price, it's really awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by BabyJ1393

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first concealer I ever bought. I was disappointed at first, since it doesn't cover my dark circles that well, just reflects light and leaves them less noticeable. Then I realized that I have really bad, genetic dark circles, and I can never cover them completely. Now it's my favourite drugstore concealer. I have oily skin under my eyes and this lasts a good 3 hours with powder, then it starts looking cakey. But if I tap it gently and powder I'm good to go again. I found it works really well on the redness I have on my chin and cheeks (I have a really red chin because of acne). I have shade 20 soft beige and it's a perfect match to my skin. On my chin I put it on top of liquid foundation and then powder over it and it looks flawless. Since my chin is kinda dry it holds up better than under my eyes. I do like the packaging, but you can always use a brush if you don't like doufer applicators. Overall, for the price I'm impressed! Be aware the shade range is not the best, though I'm quite fair and it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I like but don't love this concealer. The reason why is the coverage: it's light to medium, but for the circles under my eyes of which I would describe the colour as 'passionpurple', it's just not enough. For covering pimples and zits it's nice, but I need a little more heavy duty concealer for other parts of my face. My review can partly be influenced by me buying the wrong colour - guess I was sleepshopping - because I bought the pink colour even though I'm really yellowundertoned, so using this for my face (to cover up some really red cheeks) as I planned to didn't really work out. Not sure if that's just the colour or the coverage. Maybe will repurchase if I don't find anything that has more coverage but isn't creating a whole in my wallet. If I find something, I will edit!

Overall, if you don't really need a full coverage concealer but would like to cover some light blemishes up, this is the one for you - just buy the right colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

I bought this a shade lighter because I use it for highlighting when I contour. I don't use this product to conceal my dark circles because I bought a shade too light for that but I would buy a darker shade because it's so cheap! Overall it is a good product for the price. It's light to medium coverage and it lasts like 4 hours on my combination skin. I would definitely repurchase if I ever found this again for an easy everyday concealer when my dark circles are not too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by bleed18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Γενικά και για την τιμή του είναι πολύ καλό...
Αλλά αυτό που δεν μου αρέσει είναι οτι δεν είναι πολύ καλυπτικό....
Κατά τα άλλα super...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dterrob

I desperately want Essence to bring this back. I think it might still be available outside of the states, but where I live, they seem to have discontinued it. I really like how this is a fairly sheer concealer, but it can be built up a bit for medium coverage. It has a very natural finish; slightly dewey looking, but not oily or gross. My skin gets very dry around my eyes and on my chin (where I normally apply concealer), but this stuff, while not exactly "moisturizing", keeps me from looking dry. Only issue I have is with the packaging, as the wand can't reach to get the last bit of product out. This is such an inexpensive concealer that that shouldn't matter though.
Now for some ramblings. I wish that Essence would cater to a wider range of shades. There are two shades of this concealer, both very pale. Does the concealer work for me and my skin tone? Yes. It's a great match. But will it work for everyone? Definitely not. I don't think it's because Essence is trying to leave people out necessarily. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe it's just because they're a relatively new company and perhaps they're throwing products out there in a selection that's very limited, just to see if something catches on or sticks. I don't know what their reasons are, but bottom line is that if you stumble on this product and you think it'll work for your coloring, I could not recommend it highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I would rate this 10 lippies if I could. Writing this review makes me sad because I love this concealer so much and it is nowhere to be found for me in any of the Essence displays at any of the (maybe 20) Shoppers I have checked. I swear when I find it again I will buy 10 of them. Yes, I love it that much! I have a container of concealors that I bought over the last year in hopes that they could measure up to this wonderful product, but no luck. Grab it if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first tried this out on a whim maybe a year ago and have repurchased a couple times. I was concerned something called "natural beige" would be too dark for my fair skin but it's not. I use it for under eye circles mainly and minor imperfections and it does last all day on me(over foundation, underneath powder). Packaging is simple and doesn't leak. I purchase a new concealer every few months (if it has a wand) and don't feel guilty about throwing it away because it isn't very expensive. I'm sure I'll try different concealers for curiosity sake but go back to this one because it's just as good as more expensive brands (I've used L'Oreal true match, Maybelline, Clinique etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd heard great things about this product so I had very high hopes, despite the price. I found the shade 20 suited my very fair skin tone well however there isn't a wide colour range and people with darker skin tones may have trouble finding a match.

It is a very creamy consistency and blends very easily and never looks cakey. It lasts well, not sure about 16 hours but it lasts a while regardless. The coverage is hit and miss with me. If I use it to cover a red blemish I don't see any difference. It's almost like I haven't put anything over it. However, I find it works well under the eyes and conceals my dark under eye circles like a dream. I'm not sure what is going on with this concealer!

For the price it is a very good concealer and I would repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting much from this concealer based on the price - it was way too cheap to provide any real coverage. But boy was I wrong! I have a hard time finding concealer that matches my extremely fair skintone but this one does. It brightens my under eye area so nicely and I love the texture. It's creamy and blends well. I've also tried applying it on blemishes and scarring and while it doesn't completely cover scarring, it gets rid of redness and conceals imperfections rather well on my skin. It lasted me quite a few months before I had to repurchase so it's definitely worth the price!