July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Lipstick in Look at me

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

There must be different version of Essence lipsticks, this is #40 Look at Me.
In short, hated it. Why? It is frosted, yes, the kind of 1960's frosted lipstick, the actual colour does not appeared true because of the frosting, it looks like a greyish shiny hue floating on top of the actual lipstick colour.
It can be useful to dab on the center lower lip as a highlight.

I also bought 02 Sparkling Romance, looks like a brown-pink nude colour with lots of frost, the same comment applies. Otherwise, I think the lipstick is of good quality, for under $3.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was not a flattering color on my medium skin tone. It is a frosty nude brown with a hint of pink which I thought would look nice but the frost factor kinda ruined it for me. Application was smooth and it had a nice scent. It is very affordable too. I think I will try other shades though as this color didn't work for me. I have seen Essence at Walgreens and Ulta and it was less than 3 dollars for those who want to check these lipsticks out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Cruelty Free and only $3 and some change. I enjoy it but just not adore it. It is great for putting over something else. Not all that fond of the smell, packaging or staying power, but again for only 3 bucks, it is not bad at all. I like how it does have shimmer and or frost, but not over kill on it. It is great to put over a bland nude to kind of finish off a look. I like it and will re-purchase. Essence is a little gem brand that is really inexpensive and always worth it for a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

its a frosty, brownish purple color on me (medium beige skin). i like it better than the non frosty ones of essence lipsticks because it stays longer on the lips. for my skin tone, i prefer to wear it only in autumn/winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by HenriettaLovesMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must agree with the previous reviewer that this lipstick would probably look a lot better on darker skin tones. On a ghost-like pale girl like me it looks like I ate come chocolate cupcakes and didn't entirely wipe my mouth clean. I'm also not a fan of the sweet scent the lipstick has, but on the bright side, I can't feel it anymore after I'm done applying it. As the previous reviewer also mentioned, it's not too long lasting. But I wouldn't say that I've completely wasted my money, because I've found a way to make it work for me. After applying the lipstick I firstly pat the glitter/shimmer off and then apply one of the essence nude lip glosses on top. It looks good, but since I'm not much of a glossy look fan in general, I like to pat some of the gloss off as well. So basically what I achieved is making the lipstick a lot more matte and also a lighter color. I like this look I get, it is a nice, nude lip for a pale girl like me and it doesn't wash me out :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a shiny frosty brownish pink color that doesn't look very flattering on my NW15 skintone but would probably look much better on ladies with darker skin. It has some sparkles which are more visible in artificial lighting and they make the color appear even frostier than it really is. It has the typical fruity bubblegum Essence lipstick scent that I quite like. The staying power isn't good, an hour or two at best. The consistency is really thin but it does glide on the lips easily. It is more similar in texture to a lip balm than a lipstick.
It is a nice product for teenage girls but there's so much better stuff out there for the same price or even cheaper (NYX, e.l.f.). The packaging looks super cheap but at least the lipstick twists all the way down.