Parfums M.Micallef Ylang

4.3

on 10/17/2013 4:42:00 AM

I don't really know what Ylang smells like, but this scent just gets better and better as time goes on! It's a gorgeous, sweet beachy, tropical vanilla coconut. Starts out as a tropical fruity floral then dries down to a sweet, delectable vanilla. A unique, pretty spin on your typical sweet vanilla. Fantastic longevity. The price is a little outrageous, but the bottle looks like an absolutely gorgeous collection piece!

In my opinion, Ylang by M. Micallef is the golden standard of ylang fragrances. It opens with a blast of ylang mixed with white flowers and coconut. It quickly smoothes down. It is rich and well blended. I smell a faint sandalwood in the drydown. The ylang note is prominent from beginning to end.
I don't find it very tropical or too sweet.
Longevity: about 6 hours

on 2/18/2013 10:13:00 PM

I ca not decide if I Love this or if it's simply just too sweet for me. At first spritz it's a blast of Vanilla and Coconut...both extremely sweet on my skin. Almost syrup sweet. I don't detect much of the other notes because I feel like my chemistry amplifies those two initial notes. Here's where I get confused...the dry down is very soft and mellow. So pretty and ethereal that I (almost) forget that blast in the beginning. I splurged on a full bottle of this(the bottle is unbelievably Gorgeous)but alas I will not repurchase.

on 10/18/2012 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tropical fragrance; pretty and interesting. It has more going on that just sweet flowers and coconut, thankfully. Didn't really notice a fruity topnote. I think this may be my favorite tropical fragrance to date. Lush, smooth and adult. Notes: Tangerine, geranium, sage, rosemary, artemisia, Ylang Ylang, sandalwood, lily of the valley, magnolia, mint, coconut, vanilla, musk, moss

Popular Fragrances