September 2, 2014 | 2025 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - pointed foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Justin650

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. All my ELF brushes are great; however this one is the newest addition to my collection and I've gotten a lot of good use from it.

Edit: 08/02/2014- I have mixed feelings about this brush. The bristles are synthetic and very flexible. They don't hold the "pointed" shape and I find that this brush sheds. The quality just isn't there. I still use it from time to time but it's just not as dense or sturdy as a typical pointed foundation brush should be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

FABULOUS brush - sturdy, full-bristled, super-soft. I've just received this with my last ELF order and so I'm in the process of determining its best use(s). Currently I'm using it to apply HD powder under my ample undereye area over concealer, but this brush is so well made I know I'll find many uses for it! Actually I think it would be perfect for undereye concealer. Buy it, play around with it, you won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's not often in drugstore shopping (or just being makeup-thrifty) that I find a revolutionary thing and this is something I regard as that: it's something new and innovative - to me, at least! From E.L.F.'s website, this is $3 but frequently on sale for half off. This is a sturdy brush made with synthetic fibers. It's thick, full-bodied, and something I look for in anything I'm using cream products with. This brush doesn't necessarily work for foundation but for spot-concealing larger areas, under eye areas (primers and concealers, alike), and for contouring in depth, it's amazing.

I use this particular brush because it's shape is very intuitive and easy to handle. It's pointed for areas like around the nose or around the eyes but large enough to draw lines and blend out like extreme or soft contouring. I use this with the cream bronzer/blush Studio duo and with the bronzer (deep matte cream coffee color), it goes on smoothly and is easily blended out with this brush. I'll continue to use and find new uses for this thing, as it's a steal for the quality and variations of use for this brush.

*Also, for costume makeup application or around Halloween, this will make a great brush for detail over large areas/body paints.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bfever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush gets great reviews but I personally despise it so much. I love E.LF products. I literally shop their on their site at least once a month, I purchased this brush and I think I liked it when I first got it but it got hard to wash and use, it felt extremely stiff when applying foundation and streaked my makeup, it was quite hard to blend product in, so I gave it to my sister who absolutely loves it. I love all of the other E.L.F products, and makeup brushes, but did not have a good experience with this particular one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

OMG This is my holy grail brush.I have sigma ones and I love this 10x more than any of those brushes. it doesn't waste product by having the brush absorbing foundation.
.Besides the fact that this allow you to easily apply foundation around the nose and mouth this brush makes you look amazing .
This brush applies liquid foundation so easily and makes it looks so flawless with very little effort and no need for a another brush to buff in product.It's amazing how evenly this brush applies foundation to the face.I find that this brush seems to help you get a fuller coverage look with no extra product.

I will be purchasing more as soon as I can!