April 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - small tapered brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush on a lark to round out an online purchase, and was pleasantly surprised that it is the absolute perfect cheek contour brush. The tapered bristles apply contour to the cheek sockets with precision, and the density of the brush makes it possible to blend out the contour as well. The synthetic bristles are soft, easy to clean, hold shape, and I've experienced no shedding since purchasing over a year ago. I use this brush every single day and will definitely purchase more in the future for other uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a great little brush. This is perfect for setting powder under my eyes! You could easily use this to contour as well. I will buy more of these gems. They are by no means AMAZING but for the price of them, they are pretty terrific!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

I LOVE THIS LIL THANG!
Honestly for $3 I was like ehhh If I like it cool, if I don't-no biggie.
WELL, it turns out that I love this brush-I'm probably going to order not only another one, but more brushes from them.
This brush is perfect! It was honestly just what I wanted. Its small-but not extremely small, VERRRRY soft, not toooo dense and is tapered. #perfection.
In comparison to other brands that sell similar brushes:
Sigmas small tapered highlighter cost $21 (still cheap!), sedona's tulip brush cost around $14, and macs 168 (regular/larger size) cost $53. Now, Sigmas is the closest size wise, and thats 7 times the price of this. Macs brush is probably the most 'tapered' one that retains its shape-this is tapered, but not as much as Mac's.
This is the perfect brush for contouring/highlighting (which is what I use it for).
Its synthetic, soft, doesn't bleed, and has no smell and didn't shed when I initially washed it.
I'd def recommend this if your looking for a small contour/highlighting brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Great value, great brush, and a new must in my collection. I find this size brush so hard to find, especially with a tapered head. It is basically a smaller version of my HG Nars Yachiyo, but more dense hairs and synthetic (though the bristles feel softer than my Yachiyo). I have a small face so it is perfect to set powder in the center of my face, application of liquid or powder under my eyes, or for defined contouring. The bristles are soft and fairly dense; I would have preferred less density so it deposits less product, but it's nothing one tap doesn't take care of. Definitely picking up a few more, especially at $3 a pop! Highly recommend for guys and girls with smaller features or MUAers who prefer more control and precision.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pleasantly surprised with this brush. I use it to contour and it helped bring out my nearly non-existant cheekbones with little effort! The tapered shape really does have a big effect. It has not shed at all yet, and applies powder products nice and even. In general, these new brushes e.l.f. is putting out are no-brainers for the price-- I honestly don't see myself buying any other brush brands at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a brush similar to the Suqqu powder brush that Lisa Eldridge uses a lot in her videos, but I didn't want to pay over $100 for one brush. This looked similar in on line photos, so I purchased it. The hair is synthetic unlike the blue squirrel hair on the Suqqu. I wasn't expecting much softness, but I was pleasantly surprised. This brush is one of the softest brushes that I own. The head is smaller than the Suqqu brush, but both seem to allow for precise placement of powder. I love using it on my t-zone. I would buy this brush again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I find this brush a bit too small for countouring my face, but I've found two other uses that it does an amazing job on: blending cream concealer (undereye) or setting undereye concealer with powder. The shape is perfect for the undereye area and the smooth, fluffy bristles make an even, gentle application.

I was previously using a stiffer, domed brush to apply my undereye concealer but I found that it basically wiped all the product off instead of blending it in. But with this brush, since it's fluffier it just does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush for applying highlighter to the top of my cheekbones. It's comparable in size and shape to the Real Techniques Setting Brush. It may be a little bigger than the Setting Brush, actually. Still, it's quite small, and I don't think I could use it for anything but highlighter. For that purpose it works great, however. It's excellent if you want a brush for highlighting only and you don't want to spend much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is one of e.l.f. newest brushes from the studio line.I got this because I thought that it would be good for contour but it isn't. If you have studio blush brush I don't think you need this because they are basically the same brush.This brush is only like 20% smaller than the blush brush.It doesn't taper too much so I have no idea what this brush can do that the blush brush can't unless you have a very small cheeks.
It's okay but not great if you have the other brush already.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No