April 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Volume Collagen

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by phobo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this shampoo on special and I was really looking forward to using it.
After a week of using it I noticed a lot of hairfall and it gradually got worse and worse because failed to realise that it was the shampoo doing all the damage.
I already have thin hair and this shampoo just made it worse. My hair would come out in chunks but I thought that it was just due to a lack of sleep and stress.

Worst shampoo ever! It made me lose so much hair! Now my ponytail feels so thin and I'm scared of touching my hair.

DON'T BUY IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate this line of shampoo & conditioner. Absolutely hate it. Yes it smells nice and the smell lingers on my hair the entire time between washes, but that's the only positive.

This makes me lose SO much hair. Not so much the shampoo, but the conditioner. I don't know what it is about it, perhaps it's the alcohol? I'm guessing that's the culprit but I can't be entirely sure. I'm an avid ingredients reader and bought this because the conditioner doesn't contain silicone, which is known to coat the hair and weigh it down. I just didn't think I'd have an issue with anything else listed.

It seems to have weakened my hair so much that I'm losing strands all throughout the day. I used to just lose a few strands when I was in the process of tying my hair up, letting it down, or combing through with my fingers. Now it falls out all the damn time. Even when I'm walking and the breeze moves my hair! I'm not kidding, I'll be walking down the street and a breeze comes and moves my hair, a few seconds later I feel a tickle on my arm and see a strand or two.

It's even worse when I'm washing my hair. So much worse. I use a small dollop of shampoo (I don't need much since my hair is so fine, I don't have that much of it) and it foams up in a second. This seems to have a lot more sulphates than other shampoos, just based on how quickly it foams up. Now, the shampoo is not that bad. It doesn't tangle my hair up to the point where I can't even rinse properly because my hair is all in a big clump. You'd think that's where my problem is since shampoo strips your hair and the conditioner coats it. But it's the conditioner which causes all my hair to fall out.

So I've shampooed and rinsed my hair, now it's time for conditioner. I use another small dollop, same size as the shampoo, and like usual start coating all around the outside of my ponytail before working it in to the ponytail by finger combing it through. I usually always lose some hair when I'm at this stage, finger combing conditioner through. But this, my god, I'm losing at least triple what I usually do. It doesn't feel like it's pulling my hair out, there's no resistance and no snapping or anything, but when I've finished finger combing it through and take a look at my palms they are COVERED in hair.

Usually when I finish running conditioner through, I ball up the hairs on my hands that have fallen out (to throw in the garbage, never rinse them down the drain people!) and am left with something the size of a pea. After this conditioner, I ball up what's on my hands and am left with a clump of hair the size of a walnut.

This is the third time I've used it and I'm going to throw it out. It's not worth finishing the bottles that cost me AU$18 if I have no hair left to wash with it. Obviously I will never repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I bought this shampoo together with its companion conditioner because I'm always on the lookout for a good volumizing shampoo for my fine, limp hair and I generally like L'Oreal products. What a disappointment! The volumizing effect was only so-so, but the reason I hate this shampoo (and its conditioner) because it really, really dried out and damaged my hair, leaving it looking and feeling like straw.