August 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I recently chopped my hair off to an a-line bob type of cut so I wanted to try some new products for when I wear my hair curly. I have naturally wavy, fine hair. I was an avid mousse user until I came across this product. I wash my hair, apply some argan oil or leave in conditioner, then about a nickel size of this product (my hair is slightly above shoulders). Then I blow dry a little bit with a diffuser and run my fingers through to loosen up the curls and my hair looks the best it ever has! Mousse always weighed my hair down and my curls would fall out after a few hours. But not with this. The smell is very strong at first but wears off quickly. I honestly love the smell; I've read many reviews where people are unhappy with the smell. This also does not dry out my hair like mousse does.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ConfidentNotVain

I think this product smelled terrible and fake. It smelled like a fake grape. I have very thick, wavy hair and it made it feel greasy and stiff. I don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Deizalluv

I have long fine/thin hair and this product made my hair feel greasy and gross, i had to wash my hair repeatedly to make it feel clean again and i only used a dime size amount. It does smell absolutely delicious but I think it's made for more thick/curly hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by shespoison

Not great for fine wavy hair, i tried using this product in different ways i applied it and let my hair air dry :/ it was a little less frizzy but not great so the next time i tried it with a blow dryer it turned out frizzy and undefined. This product is very heavy and sticky i tried using small amounts i still got the same results it just weighed down my hair the only thing i liked was the smell lol!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by llumi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Hair: Pixie, growing out, fine but a lot of it, naturally curly, not oily or dry, highlighted and I live in a very humid climate.
I'm always on the lookout for hair products so I got this one. My usual routine is to wash/condition twice a week and use a leave in conditioner and spray gel with maybe a serum. Lately it just hasn't been working. So, I did my usual wash/condition and didn't put any conditioner or anything in my hair. Used just about a dime-sized dollop. It was a bit sticky on the hands when I rubbed them together but not like glue. Spread it through my hair and did a little 'finger tousle' and let air dry. It dried quickly and shaped my curls. There was a little crunchiness involved but I did a once over scrunch and that got rid of it. The best thing was day 2 and 3. All I did was shower and pat my hair with damp hands a couple of times (didn't run my fingers through it) and I was good to go. There was one spot I hadn't gotten well the day before so I just put a little there and did an upside down head shake and was good to go. 3rd day the same but didn't have to add any more. Fourth day it started to look a little used and abused and greasy, but it was wash day anyway. I hope it continues to be great.