Clairol Herbal Essences - Honey, I'm Strong

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I liked this when it first came out in 2012 when the commercials with Nicole Scherzinger were on TV. You know, the ones where she's in like ancient Egypt or something and she's drizzling actual honey all over her hair to signify that honey is good for your hair. Well, when I bought this then (in 2012) I loved it. The smell was heavenly, I guess. And I never bought shampoo for my hair type or for what my hair needed, either.
I bought it recently because I thought, 'well I haven't bought this in almost 3 years, and I loved it then so what the heck'.
I think my scent taste changed. When I use it in the shower now, it sickens me. It's so sickly sweet and it's just nauseating to me now. And I don't feel a difference in my fine, flat hair and I just don't see the point in me buying it. Thank goodness I'm almost finished it (both shampoo AND conditioner) and I will not repurchase.

on 12/9/2014 7:36:00 AM

Misleading and false advertisement.
I used this on my hair for only a little over a month along with the conditioner and it did not make my hair "strong" what so ever. It left my hair brittle and my hair would break off easily. Every time I'd lather and rinse, I'd look down on my hands and see an abnormal amount of hair in my hands. I can't believe how much hair i was losing after every wash. It really thinned out my hair. I really wanted to like this shampoo because the smell is really nice and I thought it was going to strengthen my hair a little bit more. Very disappointed.

on 10/12/2014 10:20:00 PM

The first use it seemed nice, left my hair kinda soft, but after the second use I started getting worried because my ends started getting dry and it left a film on my hair I don't expect from a shampoo. This was also not cleansing enough for my scalp, so imagine the mess.

Pros:
Delicious scent
Creamy texture

Cons:
Not cleansing enough
Leaves yucky film on hair
Dried my ends
My hair was coated yet dry, so it was dull and with little movement.

Would not repurchase.

on 4/1/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Nice on my hair, leaves it relativly frizz free, smell is a bit yuck, slightly itchy scalp but worst of all i now have a rash all over my hairline and forehead where my fringe comes down. So ticked off, wont repurchase :(

on 2/21/2014 12:47:00 PM

This is one of the few shampoos I can use that doesn't leave me with an itchy scalp. It makes my hair soft and leaves it a bit less frizzy than other shampoos. While it's not my favorite scent, I do really like it and it barely lingers when my hair dries. I have dry, damaged hair with oily roots and I recommend this for a great, low priced shampoo.

on 10/30/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Before my review I would just like to note that I use this only once a week as a clarifying shampoo as I use a sulfate-free shampoo. I would recommend a sulfate-free shampoo over the standard ones as I have noticed a HUGE difference from switching in the health and colour longevity of my hair.

On to the review, first off I have to say it smells sooo good! If you like sickly sweet scents than you will love this. I find it smells more like apricot than honey and I am a fan personally of scented hair products.The product itself is yellow-orange colour and it foams up well. After rinsing out my hair doesn't feel dry at all and once out of the shower my scalp where I apply my shampoo isn't tangled. I have a very oily scalp and I find this doesn't make me any oilier which is a rare find for me. The packaging is good, I like the push down lid as its easy to manoeuvre in the shower. Very affordable as well which is a plus.

Overall, if you're looking for a sulfate shampoo I would recommend this one. I don't believe in its 'strengthening' claims but to remove build up it works very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So, my hair is extremely..... delicate. It comes out easily. Not like a freakish amount or anything, but still I wish it were stronger. So I bought this product after I saw the TV ad for it. I figured, "Just what I need!". I used the shampoo/conditioner combo for about 3 week, and I must say, I really think it strengthened my hair and gave it more body from not coming out as much.
BUT, I did find that my hair was a bit drier after using this product, which made it more prone to frizz. But if you want stronger hair but don't mind a little drying, or already have really moist hair that you don't think will be affected, I suggest you give this a try.

on 7/26/2013 12:36:00 AM

This leaves a tacky, stiff, and waxy build up on my roots. All of the pearlescent Herbal Essence shampoo's give me that result. I like their clear formula shampoo's. The Color Me Happy shampoo is my favorite and works amazing when paired with the Honey I'm Strong conditioner. :)

on 6/28/2013 12:28:00 AM

I loveeeeeee this shampoo. If your hair is damaged you should absolutely give it a try. The shampoo not only smells good but makes your hair soft and easy to fix after shower. My hair seemed much healthier after I used this especially during winter when my hair needs extra touch of moisturizer. I recommend you use it during winter because when I use it during the summer my hair got easily greasy. So I use it only during winter or when my hair feels damaged.

I have fine hair that I want to grow out for 2 reasons: 1) to grow the color out. 2) to donate. I've been looking for a light moisturizing shampoo that will protect against breaking. I have tried everything from Pureology to suave and everything was just "ok". This shampoo really works! Ive been using if for a week and I have almost no shedding and no hair in the drain. I never thought a $2.50 bottle of shampoo could make my hair look this good! I use it with the honey I'm strong conditioner.