September 1, 2014 | 2194 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Matte Lipstick in Crushed Plum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I love love love this colour for 2013 winter!! Its suiting all of the BLACK clothing I want to wear....
I like that I can create a tint effect using a lip gloss
......or I can layer it on lightly or dramatically. It does look matte on me. Surprisingly for a matte lipstick it does not dry out my lips. Longevity is only average......3 hours and one cup of coffee.

What I don't like is:
1) the shape of the lipstick- its not a bullet type shape so its messy to apply without a brush. big BOO. unpractical. come on.
2) the packaging- not that attractive. really it could be better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I agree I don't like the shape of Bobbi Brown lipsticks I also prefer the traditional lipstick shape. This colour I was told would suit me but I personally don't think it does. However I love the texture

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick cost me EIGHTEEN ENGLISH POUNDS! And I am so disappointed. I can't believe I bought this when I have an almost identical lipstick from MAC which I much prefer.

Basically, I wanted a wearable pinky-red suitable for Autumn. The colour is nice, but this is NOT a matte lipstick! It goes on fairly opaque, but on my lips for some reason it never looks smooth and even. It's very shiny and slips of my lips really quickly - I wore it to work the other day and it had disappeared in less than two hours with no eating for drinking. Oh, and that was with Lipcote on as well.

Also I don't like the shape. It's the same shape as my MAC one which I find difficult to apply straight from the tube - I prefer the more traditional lipstick shape. It does look nice though.

Overally, not impressed with my first BB purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No