Maybelline Color Sensational in Mauve Mania

on 2/12/2015 2:29:00 PM

This is a beautiful, "MLBB" (My Lips But Better) shade (I am NC20 with dark blonde hair and blonde-ish highlights. The 'trendy' word now is 'Bronde'..and I have blue/grey eyes and am pretty fair complected).

This applies very easily and smoothly, in fact I would even venture to say you could apply this without a mirror. Not drying at all, it stays true to color, does not get gummy or funky feelin. Just wears very nicely.

This lasts about a good 4 hours, which on me is great as almost any lipstick on me only ever lasts about 4 hours max. Even high-end ones and those that promise to wear 10, 12, 24 hours, whatever, never last like they claim. So to me if I get 4 hours out of a lipstick anymore, it is doing great, and I do get about 4 hours out of this...so to me and for me that is "well-behaving" lipstick. Also does not bleed, settle in lines, smear easily or smudge (yes some lipsticks apply all smeary or smudge right away on me, what is up with that!?).

This just behaves like a good lipstick should.
Also "feels good" on the lips, if that makes sense!

Not 'flat' looking, just a nice, natural flattering color. I think many skin tones could wear this shade.

I can eat a light lunch and/or drink my coffee and this stays on pretty well, some does wear off, as can be expected, but I can still definitely see it after eating or drinking.

Would definitely recommend and re-purchase.

Side-note, if anyone remembers Clinique's Mauve Crystal, this is sort of along that shade range, minus the sparkle/glitter. I was crushed when Clinique d/c that and had been forever on the hunt for a dupe. Well, that hunt took so long that I now am not a fan of glittery or sparkly lipsticks, so..this is perfection to me in that regard.

on 6/18/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im around mac nc45/ revlon rich ginger. It is definitely wearable. its a dark dull color. I think it could be suited for an everyday look. Its mauvey and almost purple. I think it looks natural but its on the almost too dark side. Its not dark enough to be vampy though. Like the other maybelline lipsticks I have tried, it is is quite opaque, natural looking and creamy. Not a favorite color of mine and i think they are discontinuing the color.

on 2/8/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I picked up Mauve Mania was because I thought it would be a dupe to my beloved Revlon Super Lustrous in Mauvy Night, but they are not the same. Mauvy Night is nicer (has a more moisturizing formula, no smell and the colour is slightly deeper, it's cheaper too!) in my opinion.

But anyways, Mauve Mania is a nice enough product in itself without comparing it to others. It's a lovely, completely opaque pinky-purple shade but at the same time it's got enough pink to keep it from being outlandish. It's something you could wear every day if you like.

The smell on this lipstick is terrible. Ugh. It smells like the old lipsticks my mom had from her wild days. The texture is quite thin and not very creamy but the colour glides on.

Overall, it's a nice lipstick I just wouldn't buy it again because I've already experienced something better. It is a nice addition to my collection of mauvy lipsticks.

on 1/18/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only thing I love about this product is that it smells good. You can actually smell the scent when you apply it on your lips. Staying power, not bad because it stays for few hours. But I really won't buy it again if ever I ran out because it makes my lips look pale.

on 11/2/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Mauve mania is a creamy medium mauve lipstick with pink undertone. It goes really well on the application,it last fairly long with a lip liner. Beautiful color! It goes with: mauve,pink,purple,gold,pink-gold,nude eye shadows! Love it!

on 10/15/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This colour is part of the new range for (I think!) Fall 2012, in the Plums section. It was always out of stock in all the displays. It's a great pinkish-mauve MLBB, and very close to MAC's Plumful - also doesn't give you the dreaded blue lips.

Popular Lipsticks