Sonia Kashuk Bed of Roses Quad

3.0

on 12/5/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Quad in Bed of Roses seems like it would be pink leaning based on the name, but it's really not. The pan that looks pink actually isn't pink, it's just sparkles with no real pigmentation.

The shades:
pink looking shimmer - just shimmer with no real pigmentation, pink or otherwise, very cool, doesn't adhere particularly well and tends to transfer and fall out like crazy.

matte cool light brown - underwhelming color payoff, very stiff. Has glitter in the pan but it really doesn't translate to the skin at all.

metallic cool gray brown - buttery soft, crazy pigmentation, excellent payoff

metallic taupe/purple cool - buttery soft, crazy pigmentation, excellent payoff.

This is a drugstore comparable product, but definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum. Is it worth it when only half the shades are any good? Normally, I would say no, but the two metallic shades in this palette are absolutely phenomenal and they're very taupe leaning and I am such a sucker for a good taupe eyeshadow. For me, it's worth it. If you're not such a taupe fiend, it may be a miss.

on 12/3/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, this eyeshadow lasts all day, which was fantastic until I noticed a red, itchy, scaly rash slowly growing around my eyes and on my eyelids. I kept changing moisturizers and then my husband pointed out it was only around my eyes and maybe I should think about my makeup. Was I using anything new? Only this eyeshadow quad and when I eliminated it, the rash started clearing up immediately. I have no idea which is the problem ingredient, but it is not good for me.

on 10/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a quad eyeshadow palette of absolutely beautiful colors! Grey, taupe, mauve, and a sparkly pink. I love the grey, taupe, and mauve shades, but I could do without the sparkly pink, I sure wish it were a sheer pink. At my age I don't like anything with sparkle in it, but that's ok 3 out of 4 is not bad. Great color pay-off and the shadow lasts all day on me. I love the way it makes my blue-green eyes pop and it's a very neutral palette without being in the boring brown group. Sorry for those brown eyeshadow shade lovers! I personally cannot wear brown shadow on my eyes, as brown just looks dull on me.