August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Seduction Dark Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous, dark, sensual, and heady scent that still remains very wearable. I think the fruity and slight sweet tones keep this perfume from becoming "combative" and instead make it a very inviting fragrance.

It's a wonderful scent in a beautiful bottle. And I bought a back-up this week at VS. They had just put the 3.4-ounce EDP on sale for $17 (still $68 on the VS site). I would have been crazy not to; right? :-)

Oh, and I think this bottle is gorgeous in its simple design and its deep purple color. I much prefer its sleekness to cutesy, overly embellished, or just plain silly-looking bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice departure for Victoria's Secret. It is a really nice perfume. It has good projection and longevity. It also is not their typical fruity floral. It's darker and maybe more mature, but I think any age could wear this. It's just a lovely scent. The weakest spot is the bottle is not anything special. Victoria's Secret usually has such lovely bottles and this one is just blah. I got the huge gift set last birthday from my husband, and all of the washes, lotions and candle were great too. If I run out, I'd probably repurchase. It's similar to their newer scent named Night, but Dark Orchid is much, much nicer and doesn't have the slightly masculine vibe I smell in Night. If you like a sexy perfume, try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a nice surprise from Victoria's Secret! They had a fragrance sale on all perfumes and so I went in there and tested literally every EDT in the store. At some point all of them started to smell like sweet hairspray... and then I found this. My first impression was oh it's an Angel dupe. But at the dry down I detected something more soft and different from Angel -less nutmeg and more cedar and plum. And actually it's generally much softer than Angel. The dry down is really beautiful, sexy, and soft. (Like my unique adjectives there? :) But really it's a great wintery/ evening scent. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. So happy I persevered and discovered this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sillage

In the end, I bought Seduction Dark Orchid EDP over all the other offerings at Victoria's Secret today.

I entered the store and was immediately hit by a poof of their new "Victoria", which was burning in an oil burner beside an enormous display of it, right inside the door, in beautiful bottles (pink, of course), and the SA immediately appeared and asked me didn't I think it smelled wonderful?.

Gorgeous 3.4oz bottle with a pretty bow, but I thought Victoria was just okay -- yet *another* scent with a topnote of red berries - plus rose, and creme brulee. Red berries. Again. And the color Pink. Again. It was nice - but like other things they've put out before (Angel? Heavenly Something?) -- and very young-smelling.

THEN I spotted this Seduction Dark Orchid EDP in a dark rectangular bottle -- took a whiff, then a spritz -- yes, a deeper scent, much more to my taste -- so I bought it. The notes are Midnight Orchid, Plum, and Oud Wood. Nice notes for Fall, right? Those are Fall-Winter notes, and I'm already looking forward to those seasons coming soon (yay!).

Seduction is strong & rich & plummy & woody-resiny. A nice offering from Victoria's Secret, and who would have thought they'd ever carry a scent with an Oud Wood note, right? What a nice surprise to find that note in a Victoria's Secret fragrance!

Supermodel Miranda Kerr (ex-wife of actor Orlando Bloom) is the face of Seduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this fragrance. With plum and oud wood as main notes, it is VERY reminiscent of Calvin KIein's Euphoria but that is a good thing. It is at once both sweet and spicy. The bottle looks very high-end and the fragrance lasts a long time on the skin (which these days is getting harder to find with Vicky's :() One of the best from their 2013 offerings!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I found a gift set of this on clearance and used a coupon to reduce the price further. It came in pink and black presentation box with a black ribbon pull. It had a shower gel, body lotion, candle, large edp, and a small purse flask. It is similar to CK Euphoria and Prada original scent, but less strong. At first spray, there is a strong whiff of patchouli and chocolate notes as with the others. After five minutes it subsides into vanilla and woods, gentle but lingering. Overall, this isn't as strong as the other two so it should be fine in public places if you don't go overboard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this body mist and I am in love! :) Its very sexy and warm. I love the packaging too. A little goes a long way, but it's fantastic!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I first smelled this in the store and sprayed both the perfume and the fragrance mist on tester papers. I was more drawn to the fragrance mist since it's a bit lighter than the perfume. I forgot about the tester papers until a few days later, when I kept smelling something really nice in my purse and realized it was this scent. I had to go back and buy a bottle, so I ended up choosing the fragrance mist. I'm not sure why I like this fragrance so much, but it smells really good, not only in the bottle, but on me too. It's the perfect fall/winter scent, it smells very sensual. Maybe slightly heavy for work, but perfect for the evening. This fragrance mist lasts longer than any of the other VS fragrance mists I've tried over the years, and the packaging is very pretty too. Would repurchase if I ran out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Seduction perfume bottle is as sexy and hypnotic as "very sexy" by VS. It smells amazing on tester paper. I just couldn't get enough of the scent when I spray it into the air. On the skin, it smelled horrid within 30 seconds of application. I couldn't get it off fast enough. Initially it smells like some kind of sweet enticing berries. Within 30 seconds it morphed into bug spray. Not sure if it was simply a case of not compatible with my skin or it smells like that on other people too.