September 21, 2014 | 1152 users online

Nails - Nailene - Sensationail French Manicure Kit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

Totally not worth it. I can't find the right size. I watch the video on their web, it said find one a bit small than your nail. I don't know if I have nail smaller than others, but I can only find 2 of the size works, which leds to problems. When I use the oversize ones on my nail I need to file the two sides as well, I have to be really carful not to pull too hard or it will peel or break. Another problem is the top coat can't seal the sides when I use oversides. I need to trim it a litte more so the top coat can seal the white tip properly. I rather do it with tape and white polish than this tip product.

UPDATED: CHIP IN NO TIME.... I JUST TOOK A SHOWER AFTER I DID MY NAILS... CHIPPED....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cklinder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Over the web, I found sensational to receive overall good reviews, but poor reviews for the French tip "stickers" because they would lift easily. I've now used them twice. The first time was just ok, they did tend to lift, but lasted a full week...which is longer than a regular nail polish would've lasted. So, the second time I did it, I was better about sealing the edges and I added a few extra thin layers that covered the tips (which gave strength to my very paper thin nails, also). This worked MUCH better and I got two weeks out of it. It took me about twice as long to do the French tips, instead of an overall color, but they looked AWESOME! I was so proud of myself! The NEXT time I invest my time in the French gel manicure, I plan to use something I just learned about called Gelish Structure. It's applied after the foundation to add strength. I will most likely put the tips on after the foundation and then add the structure. One other thing I did that may have helped was if the sticker didn't quite go to the edge of my nail, I used white nail polish to finish the look. It may have actually helped that the sticker wasn't exactly on the edge of the nail. Who knows, but it helped perfect the look and I will have the white polish out when I do this again. If you use regular polish with the gel, it must be completely dry before topping with gel.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LadyRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I have been absolutely thrilled with the Sensationail line. I was very excited when I spotted their French Manicure kit. The kit consists of a pink polish and white sticker tips. Most of the tips were too large for my fingers. The very next day most of the white tips had peeled off. I capped each nail and followed directions carefully but I donít seem to have any luck with stick on polishes. This is the only Senationail product I have been disappointed with. I think next time I try a French manicure with this system I will use regular white polish for the tips. Regular polish works fine. Follow directions as usual but allow the regular polish to air dry before proceeding to the next step.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The french manicure kit comes with polish, stick, file, and french tips (~$12). I have a semi clear polish in my collection so I bought just the french tips (~$9). It comes with 100 white tips so you could create 10 manicures BUT the thing is 28 of the tips are oversized. So you'll have to work with them if you want to get most out of this kit.

The concept is simple and is similar to Sally Hansen's "Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips/Stickers". After applying the base coat and two layers of clear/pink polish, you apply the sticker and file the excess off. Then apply a top coat. The key to making this last is to make sure you apply the top coat all the way to the free edge (aka capping the nail). After doing my nails I hopped in the shower when I got out I started to notice the white tips lifting. This is mostly likely due to the fact that I didnt cap the ends of my nail well. Its still technically a sticker so make sure to lock the sticker in by applying a top coat all the way to the free end and capping it. An additional coat would also help.

These would work too for regular polish. Just have to wait 10 min for your polish to dry before applying and finish with a top coat. Of course it wont last as long as the sensationail way.

Overall I prefer this method than using white polish (Gelish Sheek White) because its harder to create french tips that are even, thin [layers], and opaque white.

Update: It lasted only a week on me and could be because of the reasons I described above. I would recommend putting the sticker after the base. That way you have three layers (two clear , one top coat) of sensational over the french tip.