August 30, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eye Primer - Jordana - Jordana eye primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really shocked at how much I truly love this product. :)

This is like a drugstore version of the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Eye Base, which I have been searching for since the Tarte Eye Base is now discontinued.
So here are my concerns that lend to my primer decision making:
I have oily skin but my eye lids are very sensitive and can dry out very fast.
I also have quite hooded eyes which means that even though I might be having a "dry lid day", Ill still get creasing.
Another issue I have is that I am quite fair and have a lot of veining / discoloration on my lids.

So the fact that this can conquer all my needs makes it an instant Holy Grail for me.

Pros:

-Smooth creamy texture that blends easily into the skin with minimal amount of product
-Easy to get smooth even coverage
-Smooths out skin texture and tone
-Sets quickly to a matte slightly tacky finish (Somewhere between a Jumbo pencil and Paint Pot. )
-Grabs and holds onto eye shadow
-Allows for easy and quick blending
-Last all day / night
-Stops oily breakthrough, creasing and fading
-Great price for quite a bit of product
-Great Packaging / Travel friendly
-Can be used over a blemish or on under eye area to help concealer work better over all
-Overall very easy to use

Cons:

-Can be a little hard to find (But between Amazon and JordanaCosmetics.com it hasn't really been an issue)

Highly Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

if I use it all over my eyes it creases...but if I use it above my crease line it stays put. if I happen to pluck a few eyebrows, it covers the redness brilliantly. it does even out the tone. still gave it a 5 lippie rating due to: price, availability, performance over my crease line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would never have even considered buying this if I hadn't read the reviews on MUA first. For one thing, it looks pink, making me think it might make my eyes look pink or red. However, this is probably the best eye primer I've used. It conceals any redness or darkness and it does not crease at all throughout the day. Makes shadows go on smoothly and evenly. One swipe with your finger is all that's needed for each eyelid. If you try to put too much on, it may end up looking too light.
I've already purchased several of these because the price is unbelievably low and I'm always afraid of beloved products being discontinued. Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is better than many high end primers I have tried - evens out the lid and neutralizes redness/sallowness and small veins, holds eyeshadow perfectly well and primes the brow bone a nice neutral pinky beige cream shade. Dont let the cheap packaging/tacky stand of this brand fool you they make very nice lipsticks, blushes and eye products.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to eye primer for many months now. I'm not even sure why I bought it but I love it to pieces. My lids tend to be very dark and this gives the perfect amount of coverage so my shadows look great. I would recommend this primer to anyone. Don't turn your nose up at it just because it's inexpensive. It is on the thick side but using the finger to apply it, it warms up quickly and spreads nicely with no greasiness at all.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

I bought this at a dollar store for $1.25 and expected to be really dry. But as soon as i tried it, it went on creamy and glided on with perfection. I would compare it to a little stickier version of maybelline color tattoo. It helped hold my regular powder eyeshow on without creases for 8+ hours.
would definitely repurchase; although I don't see myself doing that soon because there is a lot in the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by dgz3120

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff and have many of them, in my makeup bag, my purse my desk. This stuff works like nothing else i have ever tried. And combine this primer with their highly pigmented eyeshadows be it the powder or the loose ones and it stays on all day. I even use this under my eyes to help my powder foundation stay put. It works.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first eyeprimer ..Eyeprimers -primers in general are very hard to find where I live ..I have pretty dry eyelids and reading reviews here on the UDPP from ladies with dry eyelids who got horrible reactions from it made me think :"Why should I bother with primers then ..." but I saw this at a local MU boutique here at a great price and thought of giving it a go ..Here are my thoughts :
What I liked :
No harsh reactions from my dry eyelids
Great price
It made the colours vibrant , vivid exactly like what you see in the pan
No problems with blending at all
Not drying .
No creasing , but I don't usually face this problem either ...:
What I didn't like :
This is a primer and a highlighter , it will certainly lighten your eyelids big time , so you don't need a concealer but it was too bright for me , others may find this a plus ...
It seems dry in the pan and a bit hard to scoop , so it must be applied & blended with clean fingers as their warmth would melt it a bit ...

All in all it's a good primer for those who are starting to use eyeprimers as the price is amazing ...I don't know how it would compare to other brands ..I thought of trying "I love stage " by Essence , which is described as "A poor man 's UDPP" ...but I am not regretting trying this one from Jordana
either ..It retailed at a more expensive price here and I think the Jordana one will do for me right now ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a bargain! An eye primer at $1.95 that works better than more expensive ones, that sums it up.
Jordana eye primer comes in a little pot with a screw-on lid, easy to throw in your travel bag. With a clean finger just dab on your lid and continue making up your eyes. For the record, I always set primer with a touch of translucent powder and I only wear powder eye shadow. I had nearly 12 hours of crease-free wear with this primer.
Two things I would improve: 1) the packaging. Personally, I'd prefer a snap-tight compact to the screw-on lid (no mirror necessary), and I wouldn't mind paying 50 cents more for it; 2) the primer goes on my eyelids with a pinkish-grayish cast; I'd never wear the primer alone. I can say that under a sheer pearly-cream shadow, the primer color did not show through.
Would I buy again? Absolutely.