April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Cover Girl Olay Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mitziohmitzi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder. Smooths my complexion. I have very oily skin and some large pores and blemishes/discolorations and it hides them very well. Just have to dab extra amounts of the powder on trouble spots with finger or qtip. Or this powder and concealer is awesome. The end look is very soft and almost luminous.

I went to Lancome and tried their No. 1 powder foundation - forgot name - you could apply it dry or dampen with water....well, I had Olay powder on and had the girl cleanse one side of my face and apply Lancome's and compared it to Olay's Covergirl powder and Olay's looked better!!! So I saved a lot of money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JL98

I have been using this powder for a month or so and am fairly happy with it. I bought 340 which is light/medium and the colour matches my skin tone perfectly. It blends into the skin very nicely, there is a bit of a shimmer to it, but it's quite subtle and you only really notice it in some lightings. The puff that comes with it works horribly, but I just use a powder brush instead and it works fine. I typically have an oily t-zone, especially my nose, and by itself it does need blotting after a couple of hours. I bought this for about $12 on sale, usually it's more expensive but I think that this is a fairly reasonable price for a powder of this quality. Overall it does give a very nice satin finish, works quite well and I would probably buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely pressed powder! I'm more of a loose powder gal but have recently been seeing raves here and there on the makeup board for the CG Olay products, then I checked the reviews and noticed this powder had a 4.1 rating so I picked one up my next trip to the drugstore.
For reference I'm 30 with fair, neutral leaning warm skin (would be N/NC10-13 ish in MAC SFF) I'm also oily, and quite acne/clog-prone. I went with the lightest shade (Fair) and it's a good match (not too pink which was my worry because I know CG tends to lean pink at times with some of their products) In the store I contemplated back and fourth between "Fair" and "Fair/Light" because in the packaging, they looked identical to me.. I held both up in different lighting and didn't see any difference so I went with Fair to be safe. I'd rather a powder be too light (because I can mix it with another to darken it) than be too dark. But nevertheless, Fair was the right choice for me.
I kind of have a little test I do with new foundations and powders that I purchase, I wear them alone(with no other fndtns or pwdrs)all day around the house without primer to get a feel of how they perform on their own. &To be honest, this stuff really blew my mind. (in a good way! ;D) My oily skin remained fairly matte (with no primer) for 6 hours, then after that I only used one blotting paper(which I didn't desperately *need* to be honest) and this made it through a full 12 hours.
Having oily skin, I find that with a lot of pressed powders (esp.ones from the drugstore) that they either don't control my oil very well, they leave behind dry patches or a powdery look, don't come in a shade light enough for me (*glares at you Maybelline Dream Matte!!!*) or break me out. Thankfully I do not have any of those issues with this. It gives light/medium coverage, is nice to wear alone, with or without primer, or to use as a foundation finishing powder. &It's official now after 1 month of continuous use that it doesn't give me any issues with breakouts or clogged pores which was a concern because my last CG powder purchase(the light blue pocket powder) broke me out somethin' massive..
It did give me a little bit of a surprise when I was under flouresent (spelled correctly?) lighting and noticed there are little specks of glimmer/shimmer to this, because I didn't notice any while applying it up until that point? (it's by no means "disco ball looking" or anything like that) but I did notice glimmer in the pan. On my skin (only after looking very closely in natural light) I notice it looks like more of a mature glow than teenage glitter, if that makes sense? It also doesn't accentuate my large pores (which a lot of pressed powders can, esp. anything with any shimmer to it) and that is probably my favorite thing about this powder. I love it that my natural skin can show through, but my jumbo pores are completely covered. Very flattering. I feel like this powder is ideal for someone who doesn't want an overly matte looking finishing powder that still controls oil relatively well.
It was a little on the pricey side for a drugstore powder I think, especially considering it's CoverGirl (who is usually one of the least expensive) -but I guess since it's paired with "Olay" that's what hiked the price.. ?
I paid right around $11 USD at WalMart which certainly does not break the bank, but when all of CoverGirl's other powders are in the $6-8 range, this is on the higher end of that. It's not an issue for me though because I love it, and I plan on repurchasing regardless of price. Definitely a 5 lippie worthy powder from CoverGirl & Olay!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely powder, not cakey, not chalky but not glittery either!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this cuz everything that was covergirl was bogo, and boy was i happy i got this. it blended into my skin naturally and smoothly. great pressed powder, i would def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by debbielpg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Covergirl & Olay pressed powder for almost a year.
I use it every day, and am not even half way through the compact. It is
indeed ond of the best products I have ever used. The coverage is great,
and it leaves my skin looking flawless. I hope they never stop making it!!

Debbie Guindon

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had some coupons for Covergil and wanted to pick up the Simply Ageless Conceale. When I went to Wlagreens they had a buy 1 get 1 - 50% Off. I figured, this was something that I hadn't heard much about and decided to take a chance.
I was so upset that I didnt have this until now! This powder....I don't think I am going to be able to express how much I love it. Its so smooth, and lightweight. It doesn't sit on top of the skin but doesn't sink into lines and pores. It is a PERFECT satin finish. It set my foundation and make me look flawless all day, even through hot AZ weather. No matter how much I build it up it NEVER, EVER cakes up!
It hasn't broken me out. It doesn't oxidize. It keeps my oily t-zone in check.
It is however a little more on the expensive side for a drugstore powder, but Covergirl, Uta, Walgreens and lots of other stores are typically good about having some sort of deal or coupon,
My only con would be I wish the packaging was a little more sturdy, but it hasn't deterred me from buying a back up. And it wont deter me in the future from repurchasing.
I didn't think anything was ever going to override my Rimmel Stay Matte. But this...Well it has completely overtaken anything else I have been or have ever used.
A must try!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim and glad I did. This is a really nice powder. I've tried a lot of them, they always seem cakey or chalky so I seldom reach for them but this is different and it is my new HG. Very smooth "creamy" feel.. very smoothing on the skin. Not completely flat matte finish, more of a satin so you look alive. No sparkles or shimmers though. Not the slightest bit chalky. Good pigmentation. I do not rely on it to control oil, I use good primers for that.. but it leaves a very smooth, soft finish all day on my combination skin. Seems to work well with various foundations of different finishes, I have a few I rotate through. Also great under the eyes to set concealer. Nice compact, but the puff is awful and there is very little room for a nice thick one, since I use a brush or sponge to apply just to set my foundation or concealer it is not a problem for me. I have never tried it as powder foundation, but considering the finish and pigmentation it may be a good candidate. Very good for mature or problem skin it just smooths everything out and leaves a very airbrushed finish.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No