September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Blush - La Mer - Illuminating Powder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product adds a satiny gentle sparkle, rather than actually giving colour. Its pretty and i use it mainly for highlighting the cheekbones and for the area under the arch of the eyebrows. It could be used sparingly all over the face and cleavage to create a shimmery veil that will soften the overall appearance in a subtle way. However, there are some cons: A) there is 'that smell' of this product, which unfortunately is rather chemical, its not overpowering at all, but I am not happy if i detect such a smell, let alone in a product that I apply to my body..B) I dont like all that "limited edition thing" very much. It seems such an obvious play to create a hype around a product, which of course is how the Estee Lauder company has always marketed the "miracle" La Mer products, right from the beginning, C) this is not actually a unique product, there are plenty other alike illuminating powders out there doing more or less the same. Conclusion: dont be too sad if you missed out on buying one if they already have sold out. When I bougth mine, I gave away an Estee Lauder illuminating powder I had bought some time ago ( also limited edition) and I regret it now, as that one gave more of a glow, whereas La Mer's is more of a gloss..