Silk'n Silk'n Flash&Go

3.5

on 5/29/2015 4:17:00 PM

First, I would like to say that I have gone to the actual dermatologist for hair removal and it worked - AMAZING! So when seeing this item on TV I knew my skin and hair type would be perfect for it, and at that price, I could do everything for WAAAY cheaper.....wrong.

Cons:
-Super small laser area
-Took me upwards of 2 hours to do my legs and arms
-Used highest setting with zero results
-Took soooo much time and effort to do it
-Cannot watch TV while doing it because the fan is so loud
-Got little brown freckles after using it (that's scary)
-Made zero impact on hair growth, and I used it MORE than what was suggested
-Burnt me in areas

Yes, going to a dermatologist is expensive, but it actually WORKS. This thing did NOTHING. Glad I got my money back. Do not buy unless you have a money-back guarantee!!

on 1/25/2015 4:54:00 PM

At my age I've tried it all to remove hair, remember those horribly painful epliator machines! Waxing, electrolysis, laser. My hair was so thick I would have five o'clock shadow on my lower legs and bikini line. I tried the tria and had good results on my lower legs but with head being so small it took forever and it was too painful for the bikini area. Yes I am the perfect candidate pale skin and dark hair.

I purchased the flash n go in October and started treating evey two weeks. I've done toes, top of feet, legs, bikini, stomach, and underarms. Amazing results. I can easily go without touch up shaving for a week. My bikini area has never looked better and I've been using the highest setting the entire time and barely any pain. The only pain is if I miss a hair or two shaving...then it made me jump.

After 35 years I now know what it feels like to have girl skin, meaning smooth and hair free. I only wish this product would have been around when I was younger.

My first cartridge needs replacement, I purchased the machine with 5000 flashes and just purchased the lifetime cartridge. Oh and I've also treated my chin and upper lip, just touch up as I've had the lip hair lasered off a couple of years ago. highly recommend this product so much cheaper than professional treatments and done in the privacy of my home.

on 12/23/2014 3:26:00 PM

First off, I've been a monthly self-waxer for 6 years now. My skin's really not taking it well anymore, so I've been using Flash&Go and it has significantly slowed down my hair growth for each hair follicle treated. Given the patience and diligence, this product definitely works.

I have been using it on my full legs, arms, bikini line, underarms, and upper lip for 3 months. The hair growth on my legs have dramatically slowed down to very minimal growth, and I don't think I'll ever have to wax my legs again, yay! The same goes for my upper lip and arms. The bikini line and underarms are progressing slower, but since the hairs are thicker and more persistent, that's understandable.

Tips:
- Always shave first. Depending on hair growth rate, wait a day or two to make sure the hairs are really in the growth phase, and then treat those areas that have actively growing hairs.
- Move up the intensity levels as quickly as you can, but don't go up if you don't feel safe about it. Some areas are a bit more sensitive than others, so adjust the levels accordingly.
- Be patient. There are so many hair follicles, and not all of them grow hair at the same time, so you might be confused when more hairs grow out, but it's not that it's not working, but they're just new hairs that are still untreated.
- If you're serious about this product, go for the life-time supply cartridge. It is about $100 more expensive, but given that almost all people need numerous refill cartridges, it is incredibly cheaper in the long run.

on 10/25/2014 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used this device for over a year following the schedule in the directions & saw no reduction in hair. For reference, I have pale skin & dark hair.

on 10/24/2014 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the Flash n Go Freedom on sale via a shopping channel, and have used it about 7-8 times now. It really works! I have dark brown hair and pale skin and have tried it on everything from my underarms to my big toes and the hair is disappearing. I'm honestly amazed, I didn't think it would work. About half of the hair under my arms has stopped growing back, and my legs are even better. I used to have to shave my legs every day and now I can go almost a week between shaves. That's pretty amazing, if you ask me.

A few suggestions for those who aren't seeing results: make sure the area is shaved first, not waxed or plucked. Use as high a setting as you can stand (right now I'm up to level 4 for my underarms...it does sting a bit but it doesn't really hurt, and I'm a wuss). Be patient! I only started seeing results after about 4 treatments, and I still have some regrowth. It's not going to work overnight, especially when you realize that you're only supposed to use it once every 10-14 days.

It's not a cheap device but when you compare it to the cost of laser treatments it's well worth the investment. Plus you can do it in the comfort of your own home. I definitely recommend it, I'm even lending it to my friend after I'm done, because she's super eager to try it for herself.

I've done 5 treatments and see zero results. I might try 1-2 more treatments before giving up, but I doubt I'll see a difference. I also have dark hair and light skin. If anyone knows of an at-home laser that actually works, please let me know.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have the Freedom device, which is currently only sold at Sephora, it comes with 5, 000 flashes, but otherwise is the same.
I love mine and wish to never part. I used to perform laser hair removal in a Medical Spa, and have professionally used both IPL and Laser machines. I have also used a friends Tria. With all of that, I chose the Silk'n Flash.
I like that the head of the device is larger, making large areas go much, much faster. I can do both my legs or my boyfriends back in 30 minutes - compared to hours. Also, a numbing cream isn't needed as it hurts much, much less.
I am only 2 months in, and seeing solid bald patches already!

on 10/16/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This helps thin the hair out a little, but it is not cheap (if like me, you have a lot of leg hair it takes a lot of cartridges to cover the entire leg, I am "blessed" with lots of upper leg hair (uck!), I have gone through a lot of cartridges in a short time. I find for myself, as I have a lot of dark hair, the upside is, it works better on darker hair, but darker hair shows more when it comes back in. At most, it seems to slow the regrowth process. I have found the hair eventually, with a lot of treatments grows in a little finer and a few less hairs. It worked well on my underarms so far, but I have given those about 15 treatments in the last ten months! Bikini line is better as well, I think in my case the hair there is finer. I have to say, if I want to lessen my leg hair for a while (summer especially), it is better than waxing, but costs more than waxing. I often combine both waxing and this) It seems in my experience the best hair removal for home and for actual permanent hair removal is the one touch by Inverness, but it takes a lot of time and patience. The upside with one touch is I never get any regrowth on the hair, unless on the odd occasion, I miss the follicle root. I have had a lot of practice with the one touch on my upper lip and chin, those hairs are gone forever, yay! legs of course take forever, any large area does with electrolysis. Bottom line on the Silk'n Flash&Go , it is expensive, moreover, it is not as effective as I had hoped, but it is good at least at clearing the hair out for a while, but most of it usually eventually returns, at least in my case. If you are looking for permanent removal nothing beats electrolysis.

on 8/11/2013 5:19:00 PM

I was able to pick this up on eBay for less than half of the retail price. Although not a overnight miracle machine, it has absolutely helped thin out my hair. It burns slightly, but it only lasts a half second.

I do make sure to wear sunglasses when I use it. Also, I exfoliate a few days later to loosen up any dead hairs and prevent ingrowns (on top of using an ingrown hair treatment).

It's not going to give you salon results immediately, but it will help soften everything up.

on 10/16/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Flash & Go works! It's a bit pricey but worth the money. I was always uncomfortable with going to a clinic but now I can zap away hairs in the comfort of my own home which is really nice and convenient. There are little patches here and there where hair no longer grows and I can do quick touch ups here and there whenever I please without having to drive to the clinic. Definitely worth it, I love the product.

Top Rated Hair Removal