September 21, 2014 | 1830 users online

Hair Removal - Silk'n - Silk'n Flash&Go

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I've done 5 treatments and see zero results. I might try 1-2 more treatments before giving up, but I doubt I'll see a difference. I also have dark hair and light skin. If anyone knows of an at-home laser that actually works, please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by LVAesthetician

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the Freedom device, which is currently only sold at Sephora, it comes with 5, 000 flashes, but otherwise is the same.
I love mine and wish to never part. I used to perform laser hair removal in a Medical Spa, and have professionally used both IPL and Laser machines. I have also used a friends Tria. With all of that, I chose the Silk'n Flash.
I like that the head of the device is larger, making large areas go much, much faster. I can do both my legs or my boyfriends back in 30 minutes - compared to hours. Also, a numbing cream isn't needed as it hurts much, much less.
I am only 2 months in, and seeing solid bald patches already!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Sablegisbon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This helps thin the hair out a little, but it is not cheap (if like me, you have a lot of leg hair it takes a lot of cartridges to cover the entire leg, I am "blessed" with lots of upper leg hair (uck!), I have gone through a lot of cartridges in a short time. I find for myself, as I have a lot of dark hair, the upside is, it works better on darker hair, but darker hair shows more when it comes back in. At most, it seems to slow the regrowth process. I have found the hair eventually, with a lot of treatments grows in a little finer and a few less hairs. It worked well on my underarms so far, but I have given those about 15 treatments in the last ten months! Bikini line is better as well, I think in my case the hair there is finer. I have to say, if I want to lessen my leg hair for a while (summer especially), it is better than waxing, but costs more than waxing. I often combine both waxing and this) It seems in my experience the best hair removal for home and for actual permanent hair removal is the one touch by Inverness, but it takes a lot of time and patience. The upside with one touch is I never get any regrowth on the hair, unless on the odd occasion, I miss the follicle root. I have had a lot of practice with the one touch on my upper lip and chin, those hairs are gone forever, yay! legs of course take forever, any large area does with electrolysis. Bottom line on the Silk'n Flash&Go , it is expensive, moreover, it is not as effective as I had hoped, but it is good at least at clearing the hair out for a while, but most of it usually eventually returns, at least in my case. If you are looking for permanent removal nothing beats electrolysis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was able to pick this up on eBay for less than half of the retail price. Although not a overnight miracle machine, it has absolutely helped thin out my hair. It burns slightly, but it only lasts a half second.

I do make sure to wear sunglasses when I use it. Also, I exfoliate a few days later to loosen up any dead hairs and prevent ingrowns (on top of using an ingrown hair treatment).

It's not going to give you salon results immediately, but it will help soften everything up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PatriciaS88

Flash & Go works! It's a bit pricey but worth the money. I was always uncomfortable with going to a clinic but now I can zap away hairs in the comfort of my own home which is really nice and convenient. There are little patches here and there where hair no longer grows and I can do quick touch ups here and there whenever I please without having to drive to the clinic. Definitely worth it, I love the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
MY mom really wanted me to borrow this to her. She naturally has absolutely no hair on her legs or arms, but had lot or hair in her armpits - the individual hairs were completely black and quite thick. She use this 3-4 times and was left with the armpit hair of a 10 year old girl... I think this works better the thicker he hair initially is - it's then easier for the light to travel to the roots of the hair. She actually DID get thinner hairs - it really does happen. She also used this on her bikini line... the hair stopped growing after ONE use...! Sooooo jealous!!! I almost can't believe this works so well for some people! It took me about 3-4 uses to get substantial bald patches on MY bikini line :( Now I have this again and will continue my armpit and bikini-line hair removal journey. The hair that was removed by my first try with this machine has still not come back, even after about 8 months without using this. I don't know if I will buy any new cartridges to this though - there is now a new machine in this series with cartridges of 50 000 flashes...! And it costs as much as about 5 new cartridges for this one.
END OF UPDATE
I've used this since about the beginning of August and first used it all over my legs, on armpits and bikini line. This DOES work, but you need time, patience and to be aware of that it's actually quite costly (not if you compare it to doing it in a clinic though).
I used this on my legs about 3 times, but then stopped because it takes sooooo much time and the cartridges don't last long AT ALL doing such big areas - they last only 1000 flashes (doesn't matter which intensity). I saw some results, but I think the hair grew back because I hadn't used is enough times. I'm not sure I'll ever have enough time and patience to use this on my legs again... I then decided to only use this on other, much smaller areas where I wanted to get rid of hair: my bikini line and on my armpits.
I think I used this about 5 times under my arms to see ANY results, but now about half of my hair under there isn't growing back any more, but I think there's still a lot to work on. If you want to get rid of your underarm hair, I guess I recommend to try this, but it'll take some time before you see some results, but don't give up :) (maybe 5-7 times)
My bikini line is what this gave the best results on - worked about after 3rd time and there were pretty substantial bold patches. This is where I would say it gave really good results, so if it's here you're planning on using it - I do recommend it.
I would not recommend this if you're one of those people going to the solarium often because the instructions say you should wait 4 wees after tanning before beginning using this. I really DO recommend following these insructions, or you might actually burn your skin if you use this after tanning. This machine will also work best with people with light skin and dark hair.
Now to what you get for the money:
You get a machine that can get rid of your unwanted hair if you use it consistently. Even after you're rid of the hair you'll need to use if from time to time to keep the hair from growing back.I'm personally not that far in my process and don't know how fast the hair may come back if you completely stop using this - it may be one month, it may be half a year, it may be a year...
The apparatus itself I have rated only 2 for quality of the design because the window the light comes out through is so small and also because you can't really see where you place it which makes overlap easy and missing spots easy. Because the area of the light is so small, you end up using a cartridge quite fast if you're doing big areas. The best recommendation I would give is searching for something with a bigger window and cartridges that last longer if you're planing on using this on big areas - there are machines that claim that you actually don't need to change the cartridges at all - that would be really awesome!
The first time I used it was on my legs and after, my legs felt like they got a really bad sunburn for about 15 minutes, although used intensity 1, but then the burning went away. It may burn anywhere you use it, but I personally had no further pain or any damage to my skin. This was the only time I got a burning sensation, and I suspect it may have been because I didn't want to wait 4 weeks after tanning before using it. The second time I used this anywhere I went to intensity 2, then 3 on third try - I didn't really feel much discomfort. It feels like you get touched by a hot cup of tea for a moment or like a rubber band snapped on your skin - may be a little uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call it painful, especially since I was epilating my hairy areas before. BTW2: you don't get less hairy by epilating - believe me - I have done it for over 6 years and the only result is that it takes about a week, maybe 2 before your hair is back and the hair grows back a bit softer.You may also get a lot of ingrown hairs in some areas; for me, arms, legs and underarms very rarely got ingrown hairs, but the bikini line is very susceptible. Of course, it gets rid of your hair there for about 1,5 weeks and the area is super-smooth, but the ingrown hairs and scars that may come with it aren't really worth it - I must say I'm very happy about being able to use the Flash&Go on my bikini-area.
The Flash&Go seems to make less hair grow, but it won't make your hair grow slower in general. For me, only epilating made hair grow slower. Or using a cream for slowing hair growth.
If you have any questions, send me a message :]

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No