August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Seville a l'Aube

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not a straightforward, sweet, cheerful orange blossom. This one is rounded out by a warm lavendar, beeswax, and the little hints of incense that remind me of Nuit de Tubereuse. Nevertheless, I find it warm and airy and fresh, and of course evocative, given the story. I was iffy about it on the first try, but as my skin warms it up I enjoy it more and more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes! Delirious experience for us perfume geeks, to see this beautiful thing created! It is a woodsy oriental, with some of the same DNA to my nose as the stunning Nuit de Tubereuse. It is rich, luscious, modern, extremely skin friendly and enveloping with good persistence and sillage. To me this is a desert island scent, really sensual and rich, a pleasure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by hothouseplant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me this is a very clean, classic orange blossom-and-lavender colgne smell--reminds me very much of the L'Occitane store in the outside strip mall of Southlake, TX where they would burn various incense sticks and candles--that mishmash of lavender-floral-spice-soap smell. Granted, it's not the grand symphonic, classic French perfume (though it is very French in the notes used--lavender, orange blossom & incense) I was expecting, but it's quite beautiful, comforting and reflective. I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

..this one is sharp,green tuberose...or is it?
after an hour a beautiful,creamy orange emerges not unlike SL Fleur d'Oranger.....a wonderfully crafted fragrance, but little too loud for me....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jardines1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was lucky enough to be included in a split of this fragrance before it hit shelves in the USA. I had read the rave reviews and wondered what precentage of hype vs reality was at play.

At first sniff I was transported to a lush night blooming jasmine bush inntermingled with orange blossoms in full bloom--sheer heaven! Very green and woody as well. Ahhhhh, then came the incense, lavender and smoke. It is an introspective, calming scent. It has less to do with incense and more about the orange blossom and greenness. Longevity is excellent, although it is not an "in-your-face" fragrance.

I am not an orange blossom perfume fan but I fell very hard for this one. I pre-ordered a bottle (a first for me). It is definitely worth a sniff--and as for me, Seville has a permanent place in my fragrance repertoire--sheer magic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

The notes list is tantalizing and I had great expectations about a fragrance from a house that usually makes great fumes (namely, La Chasse, Jour de Fete, Timbuktu and the amazing incense that is Passage d'Enfer). I love orange blossom and I especially love Beeswax, not per se, but for the way it adds solidity and consistency to any fragrance where it appears.
Smelling it, on the other way, was slightly deceiving: after the triumphant start of fresh orange flowers mixed with lavender, the notes of incense started to appear and to make the mix aethereal and just a tad mysterious, not girly. After that, the beeswax made its entrance and I almost felt the fragrance melting like a church candle into something warmer and deeper, not unpleasant, but I couldn't avoid the association:
Orange Blossom + Beeswax = Yankee Candle
OK, a Yankee Candle that I would respect and maybe buy in bulks for my house, but not wear as a personal scent.
The only possible salvation is that I tried this fragrance in the late fall and I guess this is better suited for springtime, so I'm waiting for the next spring to come and give it another try, expecting the beeswax to feel less heavy and the orange blossom more cheerful and light.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The incredible amounts of writing in the perfume blogosphere about this perfume had me expecting something a little more...distinctive. But it's really just a nice orange blossom with touches of incense and a labdanum-type smelling lavender (L. luisieri). The opening is crisp and interesting, but lasts just a few minutes. The drydown lasts for several hours and is very reminiscent of L'Artisans Nuit de Tubereuse. In fact, it's a lighter version of that perfume during the drydown, with a dash of Fruity Pebbles. It's worth seeking out if you love orange blossom perfumes. I like orange blossom very much, but there are others out there that are much more interesting.
Later addition: By the third wearing, I found I was getting a huge headache from the very strong drydown. Same thing happened with NdT, so it must be a particular aromachemical in common to both, ouch!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the opening, with the green of an orange grove in bloom. When the green dissipated, the orange blossom was full blown. This lasted for a while, then the jasmine took over. Eventually, the orange blossom and jasmine blended together to make an incredibly sweet floral without any balancing of wood, green, or animalistic accords. It was only six hours later than the floral fragrance disappeared and the basenotes were apparent. They were well-blended enough that I was unable to pick out individual notes. This is a nice-enough fragrance, and if you like sweet florals, an excellent one.