Neostrata Problem Dry Skin Cream

on 12/6/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a fabulous product that I don't believe is avail in canada (shocker! none of the good stuff is). I order online have it shipped to the US border, drive down and pick it up. Like the other reviewer, I bought mine at lovelyskin.com

It's a petroleum based balm with a 20% AHA content. (I think it's the AHA concentration that makes it unavail in canada. I'm pretty sure anything over 10% is by RX only) Works MIRACLES on dry cracked skin.

I actually used this on my face after an aggressive Fraxel peel (not CO2). Following the procedure I had, most people use Aquaphore. It, too, is a heavy pertoleum based occlusive barrier ointment necessary for healing what is essentially a radiation (sun) burn. After using the inert Aquaphore for several weeks, I had developed little bumps common with the procedure. They need to be exfoliated to be removed, but at this stage the skin is too sensitive for a mechanical (granular) exfoliant. A chemical exfoliant is/was the only option, but it had to be strong, and I still needed the heavy barrier cream. This was the PERFECT product. That said this product is not intended for use on the face. I did so based on my own intuition, and with the knowledge that I had to monitor carefully, and be prepared to discontinue it's use.

Fabulous product. I've also added multiple humidifiers to my home. The combination of more humid ambient air and a balm like this will make a huge difference.

on 10/14/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is for rough skin like elbows and feet. I put it on every night before going to bed -- I apply only to the rough areas -- and it made a big difference in 3 days. It's a thick cream with AHAs/PHA, which exfoliate as well as moisturize. My elbows and feet are very soft now. It's not cheap, but comes in a 3.4 oz. jar, and a little goes a long way. I bought it at lovelyskin.com