October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Shadow - Hourglass - Dune

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try one of the Hourglass eye shadow duos for ages. A 15% off coupon from Sephora was all the encouragement I needed (I am such a sucker!). I wasn't too sure about getting this, since I tend to keep buying the same shadows (only from different companies and with different names) over and over again. So, as I often do, I did a mini-comparison in-store to see if this was anything like UD Loaded and I can tell you it is not. The dark side of this duo is more a very dark grey with brown and slightly green leanings - very different from Loaded . Anyway, the point of all this is that I swatched both Loaded and Dune on my hand along with a few other shadows. Later on, I wiped all the shadows off and I could still see the pigmentation from Dune but not from any of the other shadows I had swatched on my hand (from UD, Bare Minerals and MAC). So, the lasting power and pigmentation in these shadows is simply outstanding. The lighter champagne colour is gorgeous and so versatile - as an all over the lid shade or inner corner/browbone highlight - it works for any and all. The dark shade looks so overpowering but it is such a classic and so blendable that even for daytime, it is very wearable on the outer V. I am so happy about having bought this. Oh, and the packaging - so very cute and clever and I like that you can used the closed compact to swipe on some lipstick if you're in a rush. The brush that is included is better than most brushes included with eye shadows. Unlike all the photos I've seen of this palette, the brush that came with mine is a double-ended one. which is pretty sensible (a clean brush for each shadow when you're in a pinch) but they are really, really tiny and very fiddly so, again, better than nothing in a pinch but not the best. All in all, it's a win-win on all counts. Of course, now I'm just left wanting MORE of these duos. It's a good thing Sephora has a fairly limited range of colours since there are only maybe 2 others that I'm contemplating (and at these prices, it's good that there aren't too many duos to tempt me)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Ultra creamy and highly pigmented this duo does not disappoint at all. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kiefer5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice combination of a champagne color and darkened olive toned green. It has good pigmentation. I like to layer the two colors to lighten the darker one. A nice basic but not too neutral eyeshadow.