Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Overall, this palette is stunning and such a great selection of nudes and plum tones. They are all buttery smooth, and pigmented. The selection is what sets this palette apart because they're still somewhat neutral, but not just Browns like most palettes. I have swatches of this product up on my website,!

on 9/7/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. I am a palette fiend and for a long time I've been vying to get my hands on the LE LM Artist palettes in the past. I was really excited when I found out that it wasn't LE anymore and I could go pick it up at my local Sephora.

Let's be real, I pretty much only got this palette (as do many others) for the shade African Violet. It's such a gorgeous shade, swatched and in the pan. The base colour is a medium cool purple with gold shimmer in it, so it wouldn't be hard for anyone with warmer undertones to pull this off and makes the colour a bit more "neutral" on the eyelids.

The palette's colours do skew on the cool side, obviously. It's pretty refreshing considering many neutral palettes are predominantly warm. I also love how there's SO much mattes in this palette. Many a palettes I own are almost mostly shimmer with one or two true mattes. This makes the palette pretty versatile for travel. Although the palette is kind of purple-y the shades are office-appropriate and mature skin-friendly.

Why do I think this palette is mediocre? I've never had any experience with using LM eye shadows before although I have had my makeup done at an LM counter. The makeup artist somehow managed to make the eye shadow REALLY intense and pop so I assumed the eye shadows wouldn't require effort to do that. Yes, all the shadows swatch very soft and apply easily but I find that they don't have strong pigment and gets sheered out a bit too easily. I've tried to apply it with TFSI, Soft Ochre paint pot and NYX Milk pencil in all sorts of variations but it just didn't pop. I also found that the shadows were very easily prone to fallout despite tapping the excess off my brush.

I do love the packaging though. It's not the typical cardboard palette, it's sort of covered with this shiny PVC-type of material and the cover/front feels plush. Magnetic closure as you would expect from this type of packaging. It has a floral/lace kind of design. The base colour is really dark, it's kind of between a really dark purple and brown. It's hard to photograph this palette because the brown is so dark, it kind of meshes with the black on my camera.

Not the best palette you can get especially with the price, but it's worth checking out if you want cool neutrals and purples with a good measure of matte shades.

on 4/20/2015 4:08:00 PM

I bought the 2015 Sephora version that is slightly different from the original. The biggest difference I see is in packaging and this packaging feels and looks much cheaper in my opinion.

All of the colors are so pretty and contrary to some unfortunate buyers' experiences, I have no duplicate colors, all are clearly different shades. Some wear sheerer than others, but I can make even a sheer shade show up incredibly true-to-pan by using an epoxy instead of a traditional primer (Fyrinnae, Lit, Too Faced, and others make this product- Phyrra has a decent breakdown of the different ones you can buy here- [I am not affiliated with Phyrra in any way] ).

I'm so happy this came back even in a re-release version and I hope to see more large eye palettes from LM.

on 4/15/2015 8:45:00 PM

I purchased the 2015 pallet off of Sephora, due to the long time hype, not knowing the pictures online were from last release and there were changes. I have never purchased the Laura Mercier pallets because I love packaging and the LM I personally find tacky. Personally, I was excited to hear the packaging is different. The pallet is no longer in the faux crock skin and is now a shinny black/brown floral print. The top flap is still puffy which I dislike and find needless but whatever...

- The packaging, I like that there is a large mirror and it is relatively compact (again, I hate the puffy top but it isn't big enough to be a con)
- Eyeshadows. There are 6 matte and 6 shimmer eye shadows. This pallet is pretty much glitter free! Exceptions being African Violet which has some glitter but it actually stays with the shadow. The texture is soft without loosing vibrancy. The mats are vibrant and aren't patchy. This is a great neutral pallet and I really like the top row but overall there isn't anything overly exciting.

- If you have a lot of eyeshadow and go to pallets this might not be a necessary addition to your collection, especially if these generally don't excite you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just received the 2015 rerelease and WOW. I am in love. This shot up to one of my favorites. Easy to blend, lovely colors, a few but not too many unique colors. I just wish it weren't LE so I don't feel like I have to baby it.

on 5/31/2014 4:15:00 AM

I have the 2014 palette and am in love. The colours are beautiful and the pigmentation.

It was expensive. $80. But - here one Mac eyeshadow is $33 and one Bobbi Brown eyeshadow is around $33, so getting a years supply of colours for $80 is good value in my book.

The range of neutrals, pinks and purples is lovely and the blue and black are just stunning. I'm still playing with combinations deciding what i like, however the colours are very wearable and I'm confident that I will get good wear out of this as an everyday work palette with the browns and neutrals and then evening looks with that beautiful black and navy to jazz things up.

on 1/10/2014 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad this is only a limited edition palette. The colors included are gorgeous and can be used to create the most natural or dramatic eye makeup. Considering individual shadows from LM cost approximately $20, $48 for this set is a steal.

on 12/26/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I know this product is discontinued, but a few of my favorite eye shadows came from this, and I'm hoping they bring them out in future palettes or as singles.

Sunlit, Cameo, and Guava are great for summer to just wear alone. They are a slight shimmer and are perfect for that glowy tan look. I wear Sunlit year round as a gold shimmer.

Cafe Au Late is my go to light brown for contouring my crease for a super natural look. It can be a bit bruise looking because it has orange undertones, so I use in moderation.

Coffe Ground, Deep Night, and Rich Coffee are great when I want dark color in the corners for a smokey eye, or to use as powder liner. Rich Coffee almost looks black and can go on very dark. Use a light hand unless you want an extreme smokey!

Sable is pretty, I use it for work when I just want a bit of color. It's a very light silver purple.

I was super excited about Chocolate, African Violet, and Plum smoke, but I don't think i've used them after trial because they don't show up AT ALL. African Violet looks GORGEOUS in pan but has absolutely no color on. Vanilla nuts is very chalky for some reason. Basically I never use the first 4.

I wouldn't re-buy, but if they sold some in singles I would contimplate.

on 10/17/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For a girl who switches between palettes regularly, it says alot that I have been using this palette every day for 1 year. Even if I use other shadows, I still reach for this palette. The dark navy and espresso color are so pigmented, I use them as an eyeliner. The texture is very high end. I order this the same time I ordered the Lorac Pro but ended up returning the Lorac Pro because this was a much better quality palette.

on 6/26/2013 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I get way more use out of this than the Naked palettes. Not only are there neutrals, and a full range of matte browns for blending (a bone color and several shades of brown all the way to brown-black/espresso) which is hard to find a decent selection in a palette (if they're there at all!) - but the other colors sold me on this. The presence of a dark navy and the two purple shades, in addition to the range of finishes, makes this the most versatile palette I own. The packaging is classy, there is a mirror inside, and feels like the mid-high-end product that it is. The pans are huge and will last a long time. I wish this wasn't limited edition because I'd love a backup.