October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Palettes - Laura Mercier - Artist's Palette For Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

I have the 2014 palette and am in love. The colours are beautiful and the pigmentation.

It was expensive. $80. But - here one Mac eyeshadow is $33 and one Bobbi Brown eyeshadow is around $33, so getting a years supply of colours for $80 is good value in my book.

The range of neutrals, pinks and purples is lovely and the blue and black are just stunning. I'm still playing with combinations deciding what i like, however the colours are very wearable and I'm confident that I will get good wear out of this as an everyday work palette with the browns and neutrals and then evening looks with that beautiful black and navy to jazz things up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by loobyloo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sad this is only a limited edition palette. The colors included are gorgeous and can be used to create the most natural or dramatic eye makeup. Considering individual shadows from LM cost approximately $20, $48 for this set is a steal.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Texas22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this product is discontinued, but a few of my favorite eye shadows came from this, and I'm hoping they bring them out in future palettes or as singles.

Sunlit, Cameo, and Guava are great for summer to just wear alone. They are a slight shimmer and are perfect for that glowy tan look. I wear Sunlit year round as a gold shimmer.

Cafe Au Late is my go to light brown for contouring my crease for a super natural look. It can be a bit bruise looking because it has orange undertones, so I use in moderation.

Coffe Ground, Deep Night, and Rich Coffee are great when I want dark color in the corners for a smokey eye, or to use as powder liner. Rich Coffee almost looks black and can go on very dark. Use a light hand unless you want an extreme smokey!

Sable is pretty, I use it for work when I just want a bit of color. It's a very light silver purple.

I was super excited about Chocolate, African Violet, and Plum smoke, but I don't think i've used them after trial because they don't show up AT ALL. African Violet looks GORGEOUS in pan but has absolutely no color on. Vanilla nuts is very chalky for some reason. Basically I never use the first 4.

I wouldn't re-buy, but if they sold some in singles I would contimplate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a girl who switches between palettes regularly, it says alot that I have been using this palette every day for 1 year. Even if I use other shadows, I still reach for this palette. The dark navy and espresso color are so pigmented, I use them as an eyeliner. The texture is very high end. I order this the same time I ordered the Lorac Pro but ended up returning the Lorac Pro because this was a much better quality palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get way more use out of this than the Naked palettes. Not only are there neutrals, and a full range of matte browns for blending (a bone color and several shades of brown all the way to brown-black/espresso) which is hard to find a decent selection in a palette (if they're there at all!) - but the other colors sold me on this. The presence of a dark navy and the two purple shades, in addition to the range of finishes, makes this the most versatile palette I own. The packaging is classy, there is a mirror inside, and feels like the mid-high-end product that it is. The pans are huge and will last a long time. I wish this wasn't limited edition because I'd love a backup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This palette is the bomb. It's similar to the Lorac Pro palette in that it has a row of shimmery and a row of mattes but this one has less colors but are bigger sized than the Lorac palette. Some people say that they are really similar and if you have on you don't need the other - I disagree! This one is VERY different from the Lorac palette. The LM one has softer, shimmery and warm-tone colors, and 2 unique duochrome-ish ones. This palette also has more cool/purple toned colors, which is a theme in most of LM's eye palettes. African Violet is a shimmery purple with golden and pink shimmers in it and this color is EVERYTHING. Seriously, it's amazing. It gives your eyes the most beautiful, shining/shimmering/pearlescent glow! Chocolate is another favorite, it's amazing! All the colors in the palette are amazingly pigmented and the mattes aren't chalky or streaky at all. They do have a little fallout but that's nothing you can't prevent.
I would definitely recommend this product as an everyday palette to use for work, school, etc. It's more on the softer and lovelier side and is an amazing staple product.

EDIT: I actually gave this product 4 stars but for some reason the lippies only show up as 3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by claudivet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING!!!!! My all-time favorite palette ever!!! It is above my Naked Palette which I do love but the pigmentation and texture and lasting power of these shades is incredible. While it doesn't look like the palette has a huge variety, you will be amazed to see how many different looks you can create. I am considering buying another palette as backup....that is how much I love this thing. I literally gravitate to this palette 95% of the time. The colors blend beautifully and there are enough outer v dark colors to create extremely dramatic looks. The packaging is the best I have seen. Sleek and sturdy and maintains clean. The best, the best by far!!!!! Can't wait to see Laura's next Christmas palette. This one is fantastic. You won't regret your purchase. Also, some of the shades look a slightly different shade when applied, it's as if the shades look even more beautiful when you put them on. The shades give enough of a contrast but are beautiful for everyday wear or evening looks. Gorgeous shades!!!!! Can you tell I love this palette!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I absolutely love this palette. I am very fair, light grey eyes and light brown hair and am considered a 'soft summer' in the seasonal palette world. I have a hard time finding shadow colours that are vibrant, yet greyed down enough, but this palette does it. EVERY colour in here is wearable for me, and one of the browns even works for an eyebrow colour. Yes, its expensive, but SO worth every penny. If I ever run out, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Only would buy this if I have to because I don't pack on too much colours so I doubt I will finish all the colours in the next few years.

I must admit I normally buy single shadows as I like to choose my own colours but I really need more browns (without reds) that I can work with.

Been contemplating Nars Bali but I love LM (own a lot of light singles) eyeshadow. I was going for UD Naked or Naked2 but I find the colours less velvety in Sephora.

The lower row is filled with matte. Yay!

So I bought this and I must say, I am loving it for now. The colours are great for palette and building day to night makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I own both naked 1 and 2, but wanted something with more matte options and that I could travel with. The African violet really appealed to me so I decided I'd give it a shot. When i received it i immediately fell in love with the packaging. Unfortunately half the shades didn't even show up on me, no matter how much color I packed on. Ended up returning it.