November 24, 2014 | 909 users online

Conditioner - Goldwell - DualSenses Color Conditioner

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

PLEASE NOTE: This review is for the DualSenses Color Conditioner, NOT the Rich Color conditioner. They are two different products. This product is for NORMAL to FINE hair. Those with Dry/Damaged hair should try the Rich Color Conditioner. If you try this and you find it to be too light for you- definitely go with the Rich Color line. I have dry hair and I don't think this is too light for me at all, but we all have different preferences.

I got this as a free gift from my hairdresser when I got my hair colored. I am super skeptical about any conditioner because honestly I only think that I have ever found two conditioners that I actually like. My HG conditioner is Pureology Hydrate, if that gives you some sense of the types of conditioners that I use. I was pleasantly surprised by this conditioner though and I have to say that I will use it again, so now I have 3 go to brands. YAY!

I also must say that this conditioner does contain cones and parabens and I know a lot of people hate cones, but I personally LOVE them and can't live without them. In particular this one contains Dimethicone it also has panthenol which some people dislike. The ingredients actually surprised me since this is marketed to people with fine hair as typically those with fine hair do not tolerate cones very well, but maybe the mixture makes a difference. I don't know, I'm not a chemist. :)

Pros:
It smells wonderful. It isn't too powerful or perfumey. It kind of has a fruity scent to it, but it doesn't make me want to barf, if that description is helpful in any way. ha!
The package design is nice because you can turn it upside down to get all of the product out, and it comes in a larger 1.5 L. bottle with a pump. I love PUMPS!
It is fairly inexpensive for a professional brand. I'm not sure of the price at Ulta or a salon, you can expect a mark up at both of those places, but online it was under $15 everywhere for the 10.1 oz bottle. That is a whole heck of a lot cheaper than my Pureology, let me tell ya!
It is slightly thinner than I like for a conditioner, but some people like a thin conditioner. It isn't what I would call "runny" it just isn't super thick like Pureology. However, that being said, the weight of the conditioner didn't matter because it still conditioned beautifully. Usually the thin conditioners just don't do the trick for me, but as soon as I put this on and massaged it into my hair I could totally feel a difference.
Ok, I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm talking about here, but when I rinse out my conditioner I want to feel like the product is gone from my head, but leave my hair with slip. Does that make sense? Because this does exactly that. In other words, I rinse it out and my hair feels clean, but it feels silky, soft and detangled which is exactly what I look for.
It does not make my hair feel oily or weighed down at all.

Cons: the only con I can think of is because it is a little on the thin side I feel like I may have had to use more than I would of a thicker conditioner, but that might not be completely accurate so I'm going to use it a few more times and see. It could also be that I'm growing my hair out long right now and I'm just now noticing that I need more conditioner. I'll update later once I figure it out. Either way, for the price, it seems like it wouldn't matter much to me if I had to use more because with Pureology, sure I use less of it (I think) but it costs twice as much. So, does it really matter as much?

Part of me is starting to think I like this better than my HG Pureology because as soon as it gets on my hair I can feel the frizziness and courseness get tamed. It's almost like it just lays all my hair down. And this product isn't even designed for dry hair and I feel like my hair is a little dry and this makes it soft and silky while it is in my hair and once I've rinsed it out.

I'm totally buying this again. If I can replace my stupid expensive Pureology I'll be over the moon!!! Good luck with this ladies. I think most people will like it.