February 1, 2015 | 2035 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Rose Taffeta #174

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 6:50:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is such a great product; it's basically a lipcolor with the feel of a balm but without the color commitment of a lipstick.
Rose Taffeta is a muted rose color, it leans slightly towards mauve. At first, it doesn't seem like a color that would make too much of an impact, but, actually, this gives off some noticeable color. It's a very buildable product. I can actually get a very opaque but even color that looks almost like I'm not even wearing lipstick. The color, I feel, oxidizes or something and actually becomes darker on the lips. It's very flattering, and the cool tone works as a great seasonal shade. So, in my opinion, this is a secretly powerful lip product. Maybe that's where "Colour /Riche/" comes from.
The texture is blissfully smooth, creamy and moisturizing. These lipsticks can be used as tinted lip balms any day. No matter if it's hot or cold out, the color will glide as smoothly as butter. Application, in this case, is incredibly easy. Be sure to define the edges, though, because lip-balm like application means messy or imprecise edges.
Staying power is the only place where this product lacks; however, I will treat this lipstick more like a lipbalm in this review, so I won't mark it down a star. The color will stay on for a long time, it acts like a stain. However, if you want to maintain a constant moisturizing layer of product, like I do, then Rose Taffeta should be reapplied often.
I love the golden little tube, it's so classy. The little sampling of color straight on the tube is very helpful as well; I can easily identify it from my other Colour Riche tubes. I'm not completely fond of the price, especially for a drugstore product- I think these go for $9 or $10 each. However, I love the feel and the color payoff that these give me, so I think that these are worth giving a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

Beautiful, neutral pink/rose/lilac colour... the formulation took some getting used to for me (I prefer thicker, creamier textures). The formulation of this is rather thin and slips around. It is however very pigmented and has better lasting power than would be expected from the feel of the texture on the lips. Very impressed and am already considering buying a backup for when I run out (feeling rather certain this may become my go-to every day lip colour, especially for the office).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Makenzie4126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this lipstick. Perfect for everyday and the formula of these lipsticks are AMAZING. I use this one almost everyday because the color is just so perfect! Definitely a must try and the packaging is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the formula of this lipstick. It's smooth and moisturizing, probably most like MAC creemsheen or amplified cream. Has a little shine to it so you don't necessarily need a gloss. It lasts as long as one can expect a lipstick to last (3-4 hours if you don't eat). I love this color. Is a medium pinky purple raspberry shade. I love to layer this over MAC speed dial to give it a more vibrant raspberry hue. It was a lot darker and brighter than I was expecting, but very wearable (and I'm not very brave with lipsticks).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by denns

Wonderful neutral pink shade that seems to go great with every makeup look. This looks just a smidge darker than an MLBB on my NW20 lips, but it goes great with my skin tone and the pink brightens up my face without adding anything really noticeable. The slightly glossy effect also makes my lips look fuller and so pretty! I keep this in my purse 24/7 and reach for it when I'm out, regardless of what lip color I started the day with. Love this formula, and this color especially - not drying, although the lasting power could use some work. But I love it so much that I couldn't bear to take off a lippie :) Great for any time of year, any makeup look! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's one of the lipsticks I reach for most. It's a muted pink color on my NC30 skin. It feels great and keeps my lips hydrated. It's not super long lasting but I don't really mind that. It's great for everyday or if you're going for a dramatic eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

good color payoff and smooth, I am a asian and this color turn out a slightly purple pinky nude on me, really pretty with a slightly gold reflect in it. a good nude not make you like sick. almost finished!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

rose taffeta on my NC42 pigmented lips comes out to a lilac pink. its not the best pink for me, but its wearable & brightens up my face. the formula is sooo smooth and its very opaque. good color payoff. theres another shade thats more brown/nude looking, i think i will buy that one next. i had a $3.00 coupon off at CVS so i paid $8.00 for this. packaging is very cute. very light scent, you'd have to stick your nose up to it to smell it.