The Wet Brush

4.8

This brush lives up to what it claims to do. Brushing wet hair can be a nightmare when you have long THICK hair, but this brush glides right through and detangles rather quickly. I've used it at times when my hair was sopping wet, and then again at times when it was just damp. Either way, the results were the same (and painless).

The only downside to this would be that it pranks down your hair. To avoid this I usually brush it out in section or shake my hair out when I'm done.

on 3/1/2015 6:02:00 PM

I'm 36 and have never been able to Brush my hair, a brush was only for smoothing out a ponytail And the only thing that would go All the way through my horse hair is a pik..till now. Not sure what makes the Wet Brush so special because it looks like an ordinary brush,but this sucker is really great and it even feels good. It glides trough the hair so smoothly. This purchase was for my son,but I'll be buying myself one asap.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I saw all the good reviews for this hair brush and I figured I'd give it a try. I was incredibly skeptical, I've had a bad history with brushing my curls. Many brushes make my hair feel like straw, get all frizzy and yank out my hair. But not this one!
I used it while my hair was damp, after I put my usual products in it. I was shocked at how well this worked for my hair! The brush went smoothly through my hair, it didn't get caught on knots or yank out hairs. And it did not hurt my scalp. It de-tangled all my curls nicely and there was only ONE strand of hair in the brush by the time I was done. It worked better than the wide-toothed comb I've been using for years!
Definitely glad I bought this, it really is different than other brushes. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

BEST FOR DETANGLING WITHOUT THE PAIN AND RIPPING

on 1/31/2015 6:39:00 PM

This brush is my second one so I can take it when I traval, and it is absolutely awsome!

I have had problems with my over processed hair tangling when its wet, for years, and this brush just glides through it now.
What used to take me half an hour to comb through with much pulling, breaking and hair lose, now takes a couple of minutes, and the amazing part is there is very little hair left in the brush afterwards as well!

I have also started using Pantene Pro-V Youth Protect 7 BB Crème, which is like a leave in conditioner but very light and non-greasy. This stuff is also fantastic for detangling and helping repair damaged hair. This with the Wet Brush together are simply amazing.

Truly a magic brush, and I highly highly recommend it. :)

on 11/22/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly I don't get this brush, or the super high rating. I bought it thinking that it would be better on wet hair than a wide tooth comb. Not. At. All. This doesn't detangle worth a damn and it's hardly less damaging than a paddle brush. The only way I could use it on wet hair was by combing my hair out first, then using this to smooth it out and really get rid of every last tangle. I could do the exact same thing with a decent paddle brush though, so that kind of defeats the purpose. So yeah, big time false advertising here, at least for me.

THAT SAID, once you get rid of all the gimmicks, this is actually a really nice brush. It's still just a paddle brush, but it's a good one, up there with the expensive ones you'll find at a salon, not something you'd find at a drugstore. And it's pretty cheap, so although it was useless for what I originally bought it for, I'm still happy with it.

My hair type btw: individual strands are super fine, I have tons of hair though, and it's really long. Basically a hair brush's worst nightmare.

on 11/12/2014 8:55:00 AM

This brush has been a lifesaver for my daughter, who has long, straight, fine hair that easily tangles. She's now able to brush her hair relatively quickly and painlessly. I truly believe this is a must-have product for any mother of children with hair. The fact that it comes in colors like pink and purple as well as fun patterns is just a bonus. We own both the regular brush and the mini, and I recently saw that they're now selling the kind that pops open with a mirror. My only criticism is that we've had to replace the brush once due to the fact that a few rubber tips fell off a few bristles. But when that happened, I practically ran to the store to get a replacement because I was terrified of living without a Wet Brush. Highly recommended!

on 11/6/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this brush as a gift from a friend today after pining for it for months now. I was so happy!
Before this brush, I used to have to use 2 different brushes for my hair: a synthetic boar-hair bristle type of brush for my bangs and a regular paddle brush to detangle the rest of my hair. With the Wet Brush, I can do BOTH of those jobs with only one tool: miraculously, the bristles of the Wet Brush perfectly "fluff" up my bangs (they tend to get oily against my skin and clump together) while also being able to thoroughly detangle the length of the rest of my hair.
My hair is thick and wavy and I find that I shed ridiculous amounts when brushing with other brushes. The Wet Brush does not pull/tug at my hair and damage my strands the way other brushes do, yet the bristles are strong enough to detangle my entire head, from root to tip. After brushing my hair with other brushes, I often found my wavy hair to get "poofy" and looked damaged (like straw); I don't get this look with the Wet Brush. I could have run the Wet Brush through my strands a million times and my hair still looks shiny and orderly afterward.
My mom, whose hair is severely damaged from coloring and heat styling, was recommended this brush by a stylist. They literally told her, "you should not be using ANYTHING else on your head." The Wet Brush gets the job done while preventing further damage to your hair, and the price for one brush is absolutely reasonable!

Wet brush to my hair is what Salux cloth is to my skin, Tweezerman tweezers to my brows and Shiseido curler to my lashes, haven't found good enough dupes for any of these items. I love combing thru conditioner with it, feels so good on the scalp, and it's so gentle, I hardly lose any hair with it, yet it glides through any tangles very easily. I prefer this to any comb. Got this on ebay for almost half less of what it usually goes for (I got the original for sure, not a knock off).

Seen dupes by Swissco at TJ Maxx, tried both oval and paddle type ones, and also the one by Vidal Sassoon I found in a grocery store near me, but didn't like them as much. They work great too, and are just as gentle and don't pull out any more hair than the original, but I found pins to be just a bit more firm than the original, and I just like the flexibility and softness of the original more, it's all about the subtle difference in feel to me, not actual performance. I mean those dupes are still great and I would rec them to others, most people probably wouldn't even notice the difference or it wouldn't matter to them, since it works the same.

However, bonus to firmer dupes is that it's possible to brush dry hair with them too, especially bigger paddle one, while I can't do that with the original that only works for me on wet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found out about this brush from MUA (as i do most of my products). All the rave reviews convinced me to get it.

The single brush is $9.99. On the website you can get free shipping if you spend over $15 so i decided to buy the pink pack which comes with a "Wet Brush" a "Shine Brush" and a "The Squirt" (just a mini Wet Brush). That's $24.99. I just got the package yesterday and have not tried The Shine or The Squirt yet so I can't say how those are.

The Wet Brush really disappointed me. I tried so hard to like it and make it work but my hair was just not having it. I was nice and gave it 3 lippies because the price isn't outrageous and it's not like it doesn't work at all. It just takes FOREVER. I also gave it a 3 taking into consideration how thick my hair is and how i used it. I bought this for one purpose - to brush my hair in the shower. While conditioner is in it. I have a very strict routine how i brush and wash my hair so it does not look like a giant frizzy-curly poof-ball.
I wash my hair twice with two different shampoos. A sulfate free to gently cleanse (DermOrganic) and then a dab of Head and Shoulders to treat my flaky scalp. I then go in with my conditioner (I use Dove Damage Therapy) and brush my hair WHILE the conditioner is in it.
This is to
1. Make sure all the conditioner is evenly distributed
2. It is a lot easier to on my hair to de-tangle this way.
That being said I also have A TON of hair. Like a lot. It is curly/wavy, but frizzy and poofy. Very fine strands but LOTS of them. So maybe this is why the brush didn't work for me. Maybe i just need a heavy duty brush to get through all my hair in a timely manner. I literally brushed my hair in the shower for 5-10 minutes. Now i know that does seem like forever but just to brush your hair? I'm not that patient. Yes, it worked and yes, barely and hair broke off. But still. I may try this once or twice again just to see if i can get used to it but i doubt it. Again, I REALLY wanted this to work. Maybe it's just my hair type or how i use it. The bristles are just not strong enough to properly brush my tangles out.

Oh well, maybe I'll find another use for it. I tend to not brush my hair out of the shower because it's curly, but the next time I straighten it I will try out The Shine brush and write a review for that.