April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Full Of Promise cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my go to moisturizer. Every once in awhile I'll choose something lighter, but most days it's this. I used to use Creme de La Mer for years so while this one is still kind of expensive it's an improvement. I guess I just like a good old fashioned "night cream" like product (and I'm not actually that old). I don't like Hope in a Jar just because it's too thin in my opinion. I probably don't moisturize every single day and I definitely don't normally do it morning and night so maybe that's why the heavier product suits me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by classof59

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Keeps its promise! I like this cream very much. Granted, as some have commented, it is rather thick, but I like the fact that it is and yet spreads easily. After using for a couple of weeks, I could definitely see an increased fullness to my skin. I would recommend it and will purchase again but would appreciate a larger quantity offered at a special price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second jar of this. I felt as though my skin looked more firm after using this and I really like the formula, thick but not greasy, moisturizing but not overly...I returned to PX to repurchase and the gal suggested I try the Miracle Worker, she said I didn't need FoP (probably because it worked and I wasn't sagging) I tried the 2 oz jar of MW, half way through it I went back and purchased another jar of FoP. I prefer it, I didn't think MW did much and definitely noticed the difference when I stopped using this. I'll continue. It doesn't irritate my skin, it moisturizes, it firms and wears well under makeup. I know a lot of people mention that Philosophy is pricey but it's a 2 oz jar for $65.00, most moisturizers are 1 oz and $30 or more so I think ounce for ounce it's reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never rush to write reviews of skincare since initial results can vary drastically from what happens once your skin acclimates to the product, but the previous review made me want to chime in now, & I'll update later.
I've been using this cream about a week solid now, I am really liking it. The formula is strange but I'm a fan, it's like a primer-gel-cream consistency. Absorbs almost instantly, no color or scent of any kind. It's not super duper moisturizing ( I have dry skin, if you're normal/oily, it could be ideal ), so if you have very dry areas, you may need to spot treat with something else. Full of Promise is more like a treatment than a cream, it's like a hybrid product, I'd say moisturizing skincare primer. On the third day of using I said to myself that it should be called High def skincare cause my skin sort of looked tightened and sharpened with it, wow. It s hard to explain but as soon as it sets, I look better than without it. I just use a BB cream over it and my skin looks great. I had a few hormonal breakouts and they healed within two or three days of use, so far it just gets better and better. After finishing my sample, I bought the full jar!
I'll update if disappointments ensue, but so far I'm loving this and wanted to add this to reviews since the one before me had a negative experience, I didn't want a potential buyer of this to be discouraged right away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nasty stuff. The cream has a thick, almost waxy texture, and it does not want to smooth on, It doesn't sit on the skin, but my skin didn't feel any better after application, and for a short time, it almost felt tingly. I didn't over apply. I used it before bed, In the morning, I had a full blown acne attack, which I rarely get. I had instant cystic acne and red spots that looked like mosquito bites. Needless to say, my opinion of this is stay far away. I haven't had any luck with any of their other skincare, and this put the lid on it. Please do try first before buying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No