November 20, 2014 | 1984 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie - Rock n' Roll

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MaureenAnn

I had zero expectations of this polish simply because I've heard mixed reviews of Wet & Wild's Fergie collection of nail polish. WalMart had a BOGO sale so I figured it was worth the risk. Being the impatient sole that I am, I decided to try it as soon as I got home.

Coat #1 - Meh. Kind of a dead looking muddy grey nail color with a weird, gel-like texture. It was really sheer with the first coat and I assumed I'd be pitching it in the trashcan if things didn't look up.

Coat #2 - Hmmmm, this looks promising. Still not sure what to think of the weird, gel-ish texture and overly wide brush, but it seemed to apply easily even if it was a completely different texture than what I was used to in a nail polish. The color was starting to build up nicely with more opacity and the glitter effect was really starting to look nice.

Coat #3 - Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! A deep, gunmetal grey color with loads of depth and gorgeous sparkle! I applied it over Nail-Aid Collagen Builder as my base coat and topped it with a coat of NYC long wear top coat. Absolutely gorgeous! The glitter reflects little glints of color - I detect blue, orange, red and a bit of green. In indoor light, it's fairly subdued and just shows as silver glitter. It almost looks like dark grey granite with mica flecks. In outdoor sunlight it becomes a kaliedescope of color and looks fantastic. If you like glitter, then this is for you. IMO, it needed topcoat to give it a nice finished look. Without it, it stil had loads of glitter and pop, but it just didn't give me the nice finished look that I like. Top coat made all the difference.

One thing I've noticed about this polish, three coats coupled with base & top coat and my nails feel like steel. I use the same base/top coats with all of my polishes my nails never feel this strong so I know it's the polish. I'm convinced that the gel type texture makes it apply thicker and denser, thereby strengthening my nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by midnight_muse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have some mixed feelings about this nail polish, but overall I really like it -- one of the most beautiful and unusual colors I've ever seen, a deep, silvery, almost slaty gray with fine silver glitter plus a touch of rainbow glitter.

It is, however, the most difficult polish I've ever used. You can't stroke it on, you have to daub it on in weird streaks and splotches, then hope it settles down into a semblance of smoothness and coverage. It takes at least 3 coats, several remedial daubs, and a lot of focus on the tips to get it looking anywhere near decent.

While painting, little globs of paint nowhere near the edges suddenly seep down sideways into the cracks between the nail and the skin, so that you have to run a toothpick or whatever along that crevice to slip out the misplaced polish. I've never experienced this before, and I *only* buy cheap polishes, so that can't be the reason.

Also, it dried very slowly. I tried my Sally Hansen Insta-Dry top coat, after 2 minutes as per usual (which has always worked perfectly with other polishes), but it smudged and ruined the Rock n' Roll polish on that nail. So, I let my hands dry for more like 10 minutes, then applied the topcoat. The Insta-Dry worked like a charm after this longer delay, giving a smooth glossy finish, finally.

It was a lot of trouble, but I loved the results. I don't know if it's the top coat or what, but it only started beginning to chip slightly today, a Friday morning, and I put it on last Sunday night.

In short, it's a mediocre quality polish in a BEAUTIFUL color at a very reasonable price. You just have to put effort into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by butterflylipz

I LOVE the thick/wide style of the brush!!! it really makes it much easier to apply (at least for me)
i wouldn't recommend using this polish alone, however, i used mine with Fergie's Wet n' Wild " Heels of Steel"
I put on three coats of "Heels of Steel" and then two coats of the "Rock n' Roll" and my nails look awesome!!!!
Looks like i had them done. Which is pretty good in my book.
I lucked out cause at Walgreens right now (10/12/13) they had them BOGO.
So how could i resist.... the two colors were sitting right next to eachother calling out to me and i am so glad that i grabbed them!

the Fergie line has a few other colors i wanna try so i will probably go back and get some more, hopefully before the BOGO sale is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that people who are expecting this glitter to be opaque will be disappointed because it takes about 3 coats to get it to completely cover the nail line.

The glitter isn't too chunky or gritty-which I like. The micro glitters are a nice charcoal grey and the larger glitter pieces reflect yellow, orange, and green. I really like to layer this over a black nail polish.

Overall, a beautiful glitter for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous deep grey glitter with tiny silver holo discs that give off an awesome rainbow shimmer. The payoff doesn't come until the third coat though. Dries relatively quickly, and I got it on sale at CVS for $1.75.