Bare Escentuals High Shine Eyecolor - Meteorite

4.8

on 5/24/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These shadows are great! Nice pigmentation and staying power. They also have many shades to choose from. I took one lippie off since the applicator would be improved. I hope that these are not being discontinued since I noticed a price drop with this product. I highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS COLOR! I purchased this last summer and I loved it so much, I bought a backup to store as a second. It is such a unique and beautiful color. I was skeptical of the color at first because it is described as mauve, but it has a hint of purple and is great for my green eyes. I wear it at least 2-3 times a week. It looks fantastic swept on the lid with some black eyeliner and mascara. What can be better than a 5 minute eye?

on 12/7/2012 4:35:00 PM

This is definitely a fav of mine. I use this shadow when I don't wanna mess with brushes & different colors. Basically when I'm in a hurry. I just swipe some on my ring finger, pat on the lid & then smear it across. If necessary, I'll pull out a brush and blend. It's easy, beautiful & gets the job done. I really like the formula on these. I've had mine over a year & it's still going strong. (even though I don't use it every week, maybe once a month)

on 12/7/2012 1:36:00 PM

This is honestly one of my best kept products ever. I never heard about and purchased it soley on the beautiful color and application of the swatch on my hand at Sephora. I rarely buy makeup on impulse, I typically have to do research, search for best price, and ponder endlessly. I was going to get on the spot but decided to check ebay first because BE is always carried on it. I was right and found it for about $6 cheaper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color soooo much. It has a subtle shine that is rich and sophisticated but unique and eye catching. The color is neutral but pigmented so I get that smokey look without looking overdone. I believe it is described as a mocha but the color is more complex, it shines a little red and gold because of the dimension but is still a rich brown. The packaging is convenient but annoying. I did not read up on or figure out how I am supposed to use the wand but it retracts then pops open and startles me (makes a mess too). I could wear the color everyday and recommend checking it out in person.

on 11/11/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The previous/first reviewer described this color very well. I've been on a makeup "no buy", because I feel that I've pretty much been there and done that and have more than enough makeup (especially eyeshadows) to last me a lifetime! Then I saw this beauty... it is a gorgeous, duochrome, high-shine delight that I could not resist. I can see now that I might need to get another one because I'll be wearing it a lot.

on 10/11/2012 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I recently bought this and love it so much that I swapped for a backup!! I've been wearing it at least twice a week and I have HUNDREDS of shadows. It is one of the most unique colors I've ever seen - BE calls it "iced mocha" which does not accurately reflect it's beauty or uniqueness IMO. To me, it's a burgandy metallic with a gold almost duochrome effect.

I prefer the packaging over traditional BE pots. It is a jar-type container with a wand that screws on. Tap the jar on your counter a few times so the product settles, swipe the wand one time over each primed eyelid, and then go back in with a brush to blend it up into the crease. I find this method to give me foolproof application with no fallout every time.

The value is also very good! BE eyeshadow pots are 0.02oz whereas the high shine containers hold 0.05oz. All for $12!!