April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 04

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this color many months ago on a whim because I thought it was such a strange but pretty color. I used it for my flapper costume on halloween for the first time. This color is so glamorous, but, for me, its super dark for everyday wear. To make it more wearable, I put a little on my finger and dab it on my lips, and it gives them such a gorgeous stain! The formula is super creamy, and the color stays on pretty well. I can see why some people would be bothered by the scent (it has a confusing smell; not sure if its supposed to be sweet or powdery?), but I could care less about scents; the only thing I'm worried about it color pay off, and this has it!

I don't know if they discontinued this shade or not, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere :( If so, I think it is going to be difficult to find a sufficient dupe...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful, eggplant, vampy lip!

If you are into vampy, deep purple lips and want something cheap but pigmented, this is the lippie for you. 04 is a very pigmented eggplant purple. With two swipes you'll have reached maximum opacity but it can easily be sheered out to a lovely purple lip stain for the faint of heart. If you're a little wary of oxblood/dark lips or any lipstick shades for that matter, sheering it out and wearing it like a lipstain is a great way to wade into something different. (Just pat on in thin layers and blot as you go). This lippie is creamy with a nice satin shine. The bullet has a very faint smell of vanilla which is undetectable when worn. Dupe wise, this shade is very similar to Wet n Wild's Mega Last lipstick in Vamp it Up. If you can't find Vamp it Up and are desperate for that gothy lip, this would make a great alternative and for only a few bucks more. This shade looks great over a dark purple lip-liner for extra precision and color pay-off and over black eyeliner as lip liner you can really deepen the shade. The packaging is wicked cute, and I love Rimmel London- and now I want to try more of these Kate Moss endorsed lippies! This is an all around sound lippie and even if you would only wear this for special occasions, or Halloween, its worth having as a staple shade in your lipstick arsenal!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MedGirl17

Great colour, I found it really tough to find a decent purple lipstick. It is very dark, but I think if you're going to wear a purple lipstick it needs to be dark. Glides on easily and stays on well. For it's price, it's a great quality. Also makes your teeth look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dont normally go for dark lipsticks, but I thought I would just jump on the 'Autumn Lips' bandwagon. This colour is gorgeous, a deep purple which applies very pigmented. The formula is VERY creamy and glides on like butter. I find that I need to be a little careful with it since it does tend to slip just a little bit. Lovely purchase overall!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great lipstick, considering it is difficult finding such eccentric colours like this one in drugstores, I'm pretty impressed. The pigmentation of this won me over, however the slightly glossy finish of this does throw me off sometimes,I do prefer a matte finish but for the price I'm really not complaining. I was thinking of getting MAC Cyber or Smoked Purple but I think that saga shall come to rest as I now have this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a good budget choice for purple lips. Although I wish the Kate Moss lipsticks came with names, I certainly can't argue with the quality. The actual product smells like a mix of artificial grape and vanilla, but don't let that deter you as it doesn't linger upon application. The shade is full on opaque after two passes, and it feels comfortable to wear. I would describe the finish as a semi-matte, it is pretty close but there is a little bit of sheen to it. The color is actually a somewhat warm, deep purple, though the warmth to it is minute. Overall, it is a nice lipstick, budget friendly while still retaining a good dosage of quality. If you were displeased with Revlon's Va Va Violet, this a wonderful substitute that is in the same price range and in the drug store.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After searching forever for a deep purple lipstick (I was initially going to get Revlon's Va Va Violet, but after reading negative reviews about the pigmentation, I decided against it), I picked this guy up. I honestly don't mind the waxyness, I feel like that was necessary for the good pigmentation this offers. It lasts a long time, and I don't find it particularly drying, I just put some balm underneath. The reason I knocked a lippie off was because it smells strange to me. It's like it was supposed to be fruity, but it smells kind of like grape cough syrup or something. It just makes me feel a bit sick until the smell wears off. Other than that though, good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Elue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the shade that after seeing, I turned my head and never thought of it again until watching a " Lipstick Collection" video on YouTube by a girl named SuperBeautyNerd. So thanks to her, I have seen the beauty of this product! (She also creates a gothic look with this which is amazing.)

This is a very dark and waxy lipstick. It has a unique, dark purple shade with a very nice matte finish BUT because it is so matte & waxy you have to prepare your lips with a lip balm..

I am not a Gothic-look fan. I am a Mediterranean complexion girl with a golden-brown hair and classic smart-casual style. I love wearing black but I am usually into more red or natural-red shades than such a crazy color.

I apply this lipstick quite lightly and I get a beautiful dark plum shade that (I don't know how!?) compliments my yellow-undertone skin. It defines my lips, makes them look fuller and kinda vaimpire-like but I LOVE it. BTW, may I tell you that these Rimmel lipsticks smell amazing!? I purchased a back-up already. I just love this..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I really like this color. I gave up wearing lipstick years ago, because I have small lips. I was intrigued by this color because they used to make it in a lipgloss (2003). I was not disappointed. I'm vIery fair, but it doesn't wash me out. I applied this color after lip primer, liner, & with a lip brush to control the application of it. Dabbing a little white lip gloss in the center or your pout with this, makes your pout pop. This is a great neutral plum for fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by beautyarte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently had a little rimmel haul, I bought some of the other Kate colors and this one is actually very nice. The only real complaint I have is that it can be uncomfortable after using it all day because the formula is so thick and waxy, a solution for that is using lipliner and dabbing it a bit throughout the day. The pigmentation is great, most lipsticks for this price will not give you such rich color. It is a color that is mostly for cool tone skin types and darker skin, on fair or light skin it can make you look pale or washed out. It also depends on your haircolor, I would use this on darker haircolors as well. The packaging is actually really cute, it was the first thing I noticed, it looks very high end and expensive. Overall it is a very good on the go lipstick which is the reason I wanted to purchase it.