July 25, 2014 | 1739 users online

Moisturizers - Givenchy - hydra sparkling intensive moisturizing flash luminescence serum

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The thing that's harder than finding the perfect moisturizer for dry skin is having to find it again. For the past few years I have managed a number of cross-continent moves, and while they brought a lot of joy, it also means that my tried-and-true favorites may not be sold in the country I am currently in. I bid a reluctant goodbye to Kate Somerville, but think I come close to the holy grail again with Givenchy. The winter after I ran out of Kate Somerville and before I found Givenchy, I was putting on two masks a night to no avail. So this is an incredible find, considering how little advertising it has (why, LVMH?). When I layer a toner, this serum, and a night cream, I know I will wake up with hydrated skin. The only downside is the strong fragrance, and the wholly unnecessary shimmer. Aside from that, I'm a big fan of Givenchy's Hydra Sparkling series, and also recommend the day cream and lip-and-cheek balm.