April 18, 2014 | 1474 users online

Dry Shampoo - Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This received mostly positive reviews on other websites, and I've been looking for a good dry shampoo, but unfortunately, this is not it. At least for me - I have fine, straight color-treated hair. This might work for someone with a different hair type (I would say that if you have thick, light colored hair, give it a shot). This did an ok job of absorbing oil, but it left my hair looking dull. It's also white, which was a bit difficult to blend into my dark reddish brown hair. I think you could probably use baby powder and get the same effect, but at a much cheaper price (product is $20 for 2.4 ounces).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This dry shampoo works fairly well but I hate the packaging. I find it hard to control how much is dispensed. The packaging on Oscar Blondi Pronto dry shampoo is much better. I plan on using the remainder of this up but won't repurchase because I prefer KMS Hair Play Makeover Spray to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jessido

I have dark hair and truly hate how most dry shampoo leave a white residue. I tried corn starch applied with a fluffy makeup brush and it was ok but really wanted to try something else. This is the product to try if you're borderline on cornstarch, heck, that's the first ingredient listed but it does add a nice and soft smell to my oily hair. I gotta say my favorite thing is the bottle, even if I run out, the bottle is recyclable. I'll prob. just add the corn starch and see how it works ;-)
The reason I bought it was the fact that another review mentioned the lack of butane and propane, which I was unaware most other dry shampoo contains. I came home and applied it and it truly absorbed the oil on my scalp and although some spreading was necessary (the white on my black hair issue) the bottle truly helps in using minimal product for maximum results. I will try reusing the container before I purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a dry shampoo in a spray can that does not contain butane and propane. No matter how good it works, I cannot with good conscience spray lighter fluid on my head. That can't be good for you.

Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo is a powder-based formula that comes in a soft can that you squeeze to emit a fine puff of powder that really soaks up any oiliness in your hair. There is no aerosol, no lighter-fluid ingredients. I've used other powders, but I find this one to be really amazing, as only a very small amount is needed and it really works. I bought it on folica.com, and there were lots of good reviews there. I have to agree with them -- this is a great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No