Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo

4.4

on 1/27/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been looking for a dry shampoo that was fragrance free when I came across this. Previously, I had been using corn starch in a salt shaker which worked ok but was was difficult to use. The price tag on this turned me off a bit but I decided to try it out. I love it. The squeeze bottle lets out just a fine dusting of powder that is easy to work in and becomes invisible on my dark hair. I have curly hair so I never brush it. I just lift sections, apply the the powder to the root areas around my head, massage it all in and then give my roots a good shake to release any excess poweder. The excess oil is abosorbed but the hair still feels soft with lots of volume.

I've had the same bottle for about 6 months now and I use it about twice a week and maybe have used about a 1/3 of it.

on 7/13/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I am a dry shampoo junkie. The product itself works very well. I can use the 3 days in a row (my usual dry shampoo time frame) Absorb oil quickly. No scent. Easily to brush to distribute thorough hair.

(previously I hated the packaging) There is a bit of a learning curve if one is use to aerosol format. Don't squeeze to hard...huge plume of dry shampoo comes out. I find this product lasts me a longer time then my prior fav dry shampoo that an aerosol.

on 7/3/2014 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

While I try to avoid using dry shampoo, I have tried a few different brands. This is one of the best. I don't find that aerosol dry shampoos do much to absorb oiliness, but this fine powder really gives back volume and gets rid of the greasiness. I just wish they made it in a dark colour, as it does leave a white cast that can be difficult to brush out, especially if you need to use a lot. Something I really like about this product is that it doesn't really have any smell, so it doesn't clash with my perfume.

on 6/15/2014 2:37:00 PM

This is the only thing that works for my long, thick dirty blonde hair. With other dry shampoos I used to get maybe one more day out of my style -- I can use this 3 days in a row and my hair looks great. I also love that there is no scent because the scents are usually overpowering. I just mist perfume in my brush before brushing my hair.

I love this stuff! Amazing dry shampoo. Definitely the best one I've tried so far. I've tried Batiste (which was my go-to, but I didn't love it. Hair looked dingy and dirty only a few hours after application), Oscar Blandi, Dove, and Herbal Essences. I love how this doesn't use aerosol..it uses more of a manual "poof" that is finely milled. Good ingredients. No scent. My new HG dry shampoo! Kinda steep price though..I got it at Ulta for $20. We'll see how long it lasts.

on 5/22/2014 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this dry shampoo! It does its job. I have normal to thick color treated hair which is prone to get oily after using sulfate free shampoos and not washing it to prolong my color. When your hair is feeling greasy this is a safe bet and it refreshes your style.

on 3/4/2014 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This received mostly positive reviews on other websites, and I've been looking for a good dry shampoo, but unfortunately, this is not it. At least for me - I have fine, straight color-treated hair. This might work for someone with a different hair type (I would say that if you have thick, light colored hair, give it a shot). This did an ok job of absorbing oil, but it left my hair looking dull. It's also white, which was a bit difficult to blend into my dark reddish brown hair. I think you could probably use baby powder and get the same effect, but at a much cheaper price (product is $20 for 2.4 ounces).

on 1/15/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This dry shampoo works fairly well but I hate the packaging. I find it hard to control how much is dispensed. The packaging on Oscar Blondi Pronto dry shampoo is much better. I plan on using the remainder of this up but won't repurchase because I prefer KMS Hair Play Makeover Spray to this.

on 5/28/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have dark hair and truly hate how most dry shampoo leave a white residue. I tried corn starch applied with a fluffy makeup brush and it was ok but really wanted to try something else. This is the product to try if you're borderline on cornstarch, heck, that's the first ingredient listed but it does add a nice and soft smell to my oily hair. I gotta say my favorite thing is the bottle, even if I run out, the bottle is recyclable. I'll prob. just add the corn starch and see how it works ;-)
The reason I bought it was the fact that another review mentioned the lack of butane and propane, which I was unaware most other dry shampoo contains. I came home and applied it and it truly absorbed the oil on my scalp and although some spreading was necessary (the white on my black hair issue) the bottle truly helps in using minimal product for maximum results. I will try reusing the container before I purchase again.

on 10/10/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been looking for a dry shampoo in a spray can that does not contain butane and propane. No matter how good it works, I cannot with good conscience spray lighter fluid on my head. That can't be good for you.

Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo is a powder-based formula that comes in a soft can that you squeeze to emit a fine puff of powder that really soaks up any oiliness in your hair. There is no aerosol, no lighter-fluid ingredients. I've used other powders, but I find this one to be really amazing, as only a very small amount is needed and it really works. I bought it on folica.com, and there were lots of good reviews there. I have to agree with them -- this is a great product.