December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Other - Indigo Wild Zum - CLEAN Aromatherapy Laundry Detergent / Soap Patchouli

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switch laundry detergents all the time. I've used natural, mainstream, homemade, powder, liquid....I guess laundry is a sort of hobby of mine. I hate a lot of the fragrances of the grocery store detergents, and find that their scents give me a headache or clash with my perfumes. I don't know how many bottles of detergent I've donated to the animal shelter! Zum Patchouli Wash has been a staple of mine, and I've repurchased several times. Gets my clothes clean (soft water, HE machine) and they smell fantastic. The patchouli scent left behind is gentle, but towels and blankets stored away will retain the gentle fragrance. I have used other Zum laundry scents, but like the other reviewer, the patchouli is my favorite.

A little side story: I recently bought some Tide after using a sample at the beach. After washing my clothes with it a few times, my jeans started taking on a very musty/moldy smell around the zipper and waistband where the fabric is the thickest. I tried everything to get the smell out: sunning the jeans, vinegar, tea tree oil, baking soda, Bac-out, hydrogen peroxide, even a little bleach. After buying another bottle of Zum patchouli wash, the smell came out after using it *only once*. I will be buying only this from now on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a coconut oil based laundry "soap" with essential oils added for scent (rather than being a detergent). It comes in a 64 ounce bottle, and it says to use 1 ounce per HE load. I have used several bottles of detergent so far in various scents, and the patchouli is by far my favorite. It gives my clothes that warm, spicy, woodsy patchouli smell, and the scent lasts long after washing. People often tell me I smell good when I wash my clothes with this. The cleaning power is not the best, and I have found that even though it says it has a built it fabric softener, it really does not soften clothes (I do have well water, so maybe that's part of the problem). However, I love it to wash my clothes or delicates with it simply for the lovely scent. It costs $21 for 64 ounces, which is pretty expensive, but I get it from soaphome.com whenever I get a free shipping offer.