July 25, 2014 | 1749 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice Palette

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to get this- I thought I was going to love it. It was my 2nd UD palette (Naked 1 was my first). Turns out that's not the case!
I do like a majority of the eye shadows. Some are really nice:
Blitz
Penny Lane
Junkie, Laced
Unhinged
These are smooth and pigmented.

But then there are some problem shadows...
Jagged is one because of the crazy glitter fallout. A lot of reviews mentioned this so I knew to expect that. But I also have a problem with:
Rapture
Occupy
Vice
Noise
These shadows are patchy, harder texture and fade quickly! They swatch well but on the eyes are so unimpressive. Also Freebird is not pigmented. At all.
I think this might be because the textures of these shadows.

Overall, for the price, I was underwhelmed. I was really looking forward to loving this but I don't. I don't reach for it often. I wish I would have got a different palette I would have liked more instead.
I do really like Naked 1 (and I have since gotten Naked 2, which I also like) so I'll stick with the naked palettes and skip the Vice palettes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I hate this some of the colors that look so vibrant suck they aren't the colors you think like chaos it creases easily :( ill stick to my naked palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely, but bot many wearable colors. Many shades have glitter so chunky it's just going to fall out under your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do honestly love this palette. I do not see it available anymore because I believe it was limited edition. I got this for christmas and out of all my eyeshadows I use this palette the most. I love a few shades so much they have almost become my everyday ones. I do not have the palette in front of me to look at but trust me!! The palette is my favorite color(bias) so I felt the need to ask for it. I do not use the pink and blue colors much but a pop of color would be nice. I want to try it but am too afraid. IF you love color this is the palete for you. Its a great mix and even has a few mattes. I do love it but I know others have come along too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by allisonboyd2011

Let me just say that I would not have bought this product myself because I cannot justify spending upwards of $50 for a palette, but I received it for Christmas and was very excited about it. I have to say that I was kind of disappointed. This is the first UD product I received, and I am not sure that I would purchase anything else from them. Overall, the palette is a good one, but I feel like for this palette you are paying for the name more than quality. Quite a few of the shadows produce tons of fallout from micro glitter, but some of the eye shadows are really good, and most of them give really good color payoff. But I would rather just buy NYX shadows because they are way cheaper, and for me they work just as well and are very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my very favorite palettes. This has twenty (yes 20!) shadows all showcased in a beautiful gothic looking matte black case with the inset of the Urban Decay logo in a faceted jewel in the top. The box is a sturdy rubberized plastic spring-hinged case. It does show fingerprints though due to the softer rubber texture. This has a large mirror inside and comes with a double ended brush. Both ends are rather large though and meant for an all over application or blending. I do wish one end had been a liner end or at least a smaller angled tip for a crease brush. Oh well,that's not a dealbreaker. This has a nice mix of some neutrals and some bright vivid colors. Some are shimmers and some are mattes. I love that I can use this same palette for a simple everyday look, or vamp it up for a more dramatic evening look. The shadows are well pigmented and apply smoothly and seem to glide right on. These blend well and do not flake off or cake up. I have been able to use this year 'round as there is such a good mix of colors. Anonymous is a bone color, Freebird is a carnation pink, Muse is a golden brown, Chaos a vivid blue, Noise a deep rich pink, Unhinged a teal, Blitz a gold, and Junkie a forest green that leans blue. This has a range from bone (Anonymous) to dark charcoal (Black Market). I do use a primer beneath these as I do all shadows and it helps the shadow stay put all day as well as pop. The darker shades like Chaos and Junkie do tend to fade over the day, but no more than any other brand of shadow with normal wear. This is the perfect palette for a smokey eye, a neutral eye, a pin up girl look, or any look you can dream up. I've had hours of fun with this palette and the versatility in looks you can achieve with it. I love this palette! A rare 5 lippys from me for this winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mickansley123

One of my favorite palettes! Received it as a present for my birthday and I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love how much pigment is in each of the eye shadows and how well they apply. I would recommend using an eye shadow primer before applying any of the shadows because as the day goes on the shadow can fall below your eyes especially if it is very sparkly. I love all the fun colors in the this palette and I also enjoy all of the different combinations and looks you can create. I would defiantly buy it again and I recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Monklin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I don't like buying palettes due to the fact that I never use all the colors on there, but this palette was just absolutely perfect. The colors are really pigmented, last for hours, and vibrant. I know this might not be a good thing for some people, but if you really love color, then this palette is absolutely perfect.

Some of my favorite shades are Blitz, Penny Lane, Noise, and Unhinged. Personally, I haven't had any problems with the quality or application of the eyeshadows but I did notice that the formula feels a little different than their individual eyeshadows.

I'm not a fan of the brush that it came with but it comes in handy when you want to blend the colors together. The size of the palette does not bother me but I can see as to why some people don't like it, especially for travel. If anything, I wish that it was thinner since none of the pans are too deep. I do like that it come with a giant mirror.

Overall, this has been one of my favorite palettes and it is one of the most used items in my make-up drawer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by styra

Got this 2 weeks back. Had contemplated getting it for over 3 months because I was afraid I wouldn't use most of the colours like yellow and hot pink. The rest like dark green and blue could be used for smokey playful eyes. Caved in after a while and I'm not regretting it. The colours are really strong, what you see on the palette is what you get on your skin! Most eye shadows don't give you that at all. The colour is lasting too even without an eye shadow primer and humid weather.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by effstar

Bit of a hit and miss, I don't use all of the colours but I do use the bright pink as a blusher. It can also be used over a primer on your lips, totally buildable so you can create a unique lip colour!!