Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting (Contour) Powder

4.8

I got this in a palette and liked it. I think it is a good contour shade for most.

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this product! This contour shade is AMAZING. Its a really nice muted grey-ish brown. Sounds gross but its perfect for contouring. Even though its quite the pretty penny, a little goes a really long way. You don't want to layer it too much because they you end up looking very ashy and mummy like.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this powder - can be used every day for little contouring touches (shape nose, define jawline, lightly define cheekbones) or to really glam up makeup and give lots of depth. It's the perfect color for contouring, which is different from bronzer. It can be applied subtly as an illusion or more intensely for drama. Kevyn's contour brush is fantastic! The 2 together are all you need for contouring!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

WOW - great product for contouring and works on most all skin tones. My skin is medium/light and this medium ash contour powder has made a huge difference in sculpting my cheekbones, slimming my nose and defining my jawline. I apply my primer, then foundation first. I follow with a very light dusting of Lancome Ageless Minerale translucent powder. I then apply this contour color using the Lancome #25 brush. I apply the powder just under the cheekbone to create the hollow. I apply it to the sides of the nose as well as the jawline. If you have a large forehead, it can be used near the hairline as well. Apply blush color only to the apples of the cheeks, using the opposite side of the Lancome #25 brush. I apply Kevyn Aucoin highlighter powder to the top of the cheekbone. BLENDING IS THE FINAL IMPORTANT STEP as this powder should blend in and create subtle sculpture and definition. Lastly, to create a flawless finish, apply a light dusting of the translucent "setting" powder. I wish KA would make a medium light contour powder too.

Popular Contour ProductsProducts