Nivea A Kiss Of Olive Oil & Lemon

3.7

on 4/11/2015 5:50:00 AM

I'm usually a fan of Nivea lipbalms and was thrilled to find this at my local CVS. Because I have many lipbalms in circulation, I've used this off and on during the past year or so, and only recently have I been keeping it on my dresser to use as my evening lip moisturizer. I know some reviewers really detest the scent, but I personally love it -- it is a unique floral, but one that I don't find overwhelming at all. It dissipates pretty quickly as well and I always wake up with smooth, full, soft lips. There is no color and while less emollient than, say, Smith's Rosebud Salve, the texture isn't waxy or hard.

The only slightly negative thing I will say is that like with the other Nivea lipcare products I've tried, this won't heal lips that are in bad shape. When my lips crack or peel due to the weather (too hot, too dry, too cold), I turn to Aquaphor, which is the only thing that works for me under such circumstances. This is more of a maintenance lipbalm than a repairing one.

I love the scent on this and it always feels so good on the lips when you first put it on. After a little bit of time (say 20 minutes) its worn off and you need to apply more. I think this is one of those lip balms where it dries your lips out more than it heals them. Will not repurchase.

I bought this product as I ran out of my baby lips and wanted to try something new. I must say it was a mistake. Though the price was low, the product was not worth it. It feels like you have just eaten a very oily dish and the oil is sitting on your lips which you just wanna wipe away. The smell is terrible and really irritating when it is right under your nose. Rather than moisturising, it oils your lips. I would never buy it again.

on 1/11/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my HG lip balm, and I know my lip balms. I'm a professional flute player, so it is a must for my lips to be soft and supple at all times. This balm is very moisturizing, and it keeps my lips feeling hydrated long after I apply it. It's not sticky or thick, instead it feels a little slippery and very smooth. After it absorbs into my lips, they feel softer than before. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I LOVE the scent. It's slightly herbal, with just a hint of lemon. I think it is great for both men and women. I've used up and entire tube, and I will be buying another one asap.

on 8/17/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE the balm in this but the smell bothers me. I am not sensitive to scents but this one just lingered to me and I couldn't get past it. I wish it would fade like some do, then I would ok with it. This really does moisturize well and makes my lips very soft and heals them.

I will stick with the other scents but this is a great product if you can tolerate the scent.

on 8/4/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it!!!! Very soft and moisturizing

on 7/4/2014 6:44:00 PM

This is possibly one of my least favorite lip balms I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot. The texture is wonderful, like the other Nivea varieties I've used, and it seemed similarly moisturizing. But the scent. I'm not usually sensitive to fragrances in facial products, as most of them fade soon enough not to bother me, but I absolutely hated the fragrance in this the second I smelled it. I didn't have another balm on hand at the time, though, so I tried it anyway. The scent lingered for ages, and I couldn't stand it. I threw it away as soon as I got home, even though I loathe wasting usuable products. This was just that awful for me.

on 6/7/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would be so excited to try that one.
What a pity in the UK you can only find couple of Nivea Balms and they always repeat whenever you go.
I love Nivea balms so much!!
No other company can take my number 1 for lip balms :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the fifth Nivea lip balm I've tried and I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the scent (since so many reviewers commented on it). To me, it smells like a green tea and citrus perfume. I do like the scent, but it's very strong and kind of a strange scent to put in a lip balm. Overall, I like this better than the generically scented Kiss of Berry Swirl and Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tint, but not as much as the Kiss of Moisture or Kiss of Smoothness.

on 2/8/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the first time trying a Nivea lip product and I quite like it! I love the smell and taste. It tastes like a mix of floral and honey. Delicious! It goes on satin. I do have the reapply this often. I like thicker lip balms. But this does moisturize. When it wears off, my lips are left moisturized. I don't feel the need to reapply more in order to keep moisture. I'm excited to try other Nivea products when this runs out.

Popular Lip Treatments