October 20, 2014 | 1135 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this on a whim while at the drugstore. The color Pink Frosting jumped out at me.

Texture is powdery-gel, mousse like. Blush is easy to control when applied (use my fingertip), and feels lightweight and creamy. Finish is soft and pretty. If one prefers to always wear a medium to high pigmented blush, don't purchase this because it is lightly pigmented. Personally, I like the soft and pretty finish Dream Bouncy Blush provides.

This blush comes in ten lovely colors. Hoping Maybelline will add warmer, deeper colors for the fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by SandiesNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is beautiful, fun and looks so soft on my skin!! You can build it from a light pink to a more vibrant pink!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4
Price: 4 (a bit expensive for a drugstore blush)
Packaging: 4 (clear plastic flip top compact)
Buy again: yes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when Maybelline first came out with the Dream whipped products and the blushes were among one of the first things I bought. I had the Dream mousse blush in Pink Frosting. At the time, I didn't like the product - It didn't seem to last on my skin and the colour didn't show up well. I think I ended up giving the product away or I threw it out.

Maybelline has since discontinued the Dream Mousse line and brought in this "Dream Bouncy" blush with doppleganger names and colours - it's essentially the exact same product, except not whipped into a mousse consistency. I got Pink Frosting again (Nostalgia hit hard) and I have to say I really like this product, especially in the winter. The creamy texture goes on nicely (though you need to moisturize well - it will cling to any dry patches), the colour shows up and it wears well throughout the day. Not 12 hour wear, but a good 6 hours at least.

I much prefer this packaging to the Dream Mousse blushes - the glass jars were bulky and heavy. I probably won't buy other colours since I have several blushes already, but I would repurchase this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I bought two or three of these blushes because the colors looked great & I am always on the look-out for nice creme type blushes (it seems harder to find creme blushes that are nice than powder ones). I really did not like these. I get it that they are supposed to be "sheer," but come on, when the pink frosting color doesn't show up at all on a pale girl like me, you obviously have no pigmentation in your product - just gunk. Thick, waxy, pore-clogging gunk. Using a brush with this proved nearly impossible without wreaking the brush, making fingers the obvious applicator. After just a few uses, the product looks like a gross, sliding pile of goop, kind of like the ripples of liquid magma from a volcano. It's pretty obviously NOT made from anything you should want to put on your skin. Add that to the lack of coloration, and I ended up throwing all mine away after just a few weeks. I will stick to my 100 Percent Pure creme blush sticks. They are all natural/vegetarian, have no animal testing, and have a really pretty color payoff.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

While the packaging is pretty awful for this blush, it's such a pretty color! I wanted a true pink blush to wear some days unlike my Nars blush, which has gold shimmer in it. This is a really pretty color but I think it's such a pain to put on. I'm not a cream blush fan for the most part because I hate applying it with my fingers, but what can I say, it was kind of an impulse buy. However, I've done much worse in the blush department. (Milani, I'm looking at you!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are really fair, this is the perfect pink for you! It's a blue-toned pink, and that's my fav. I use a small brush to apply instead of using my fingers. I found that using a brush doesn't knock off my foundation & powder.

The packaging could be better (minus one lippie). It's a little hard to open. My son poked his finger down in it, but I scraped it back together. I want to try the other colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate thing going with this blush. The texture is just bizarre; I can only describe it as mushy. As a result, it's a challenge to get the right amount of product on my fingertips: I either end up with too little or way too much. When first applied, this shade is a scary 80's-bright pink.

Now for the love: Once blended out, it becomes a very wearable, natural pop of color. It doesn't seem to last though, wearing off after a few hours.

Overall, the wierd texture keeps me from reaching for this blush very often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jannettalovesmakeup

i got the dream bouncy blush in pink frosting and i liked it alot! it isnt really pigmented so i would stick to a brighter color like pink frosting. it is a creamy blush. it is kinda hard to blend but it does fade into a natural looking color and lasts all day! though it isnt really that cheap. i got mine for $7 and i think it is exspensive! i think it should be like $4 instead because i thought it would be bigger first of all and its pretty small. and there isnt much product in there. but its totally worth it because of the bounciness! i wouldnt recommend this product for darker skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by chikpea

I love Bouncy Blush as it is (buildable color, easy to apply, long lasting), but this color kicks a$$. As I emerge from my new mom coma, I needed something to perk up my tired cheeks - as soon as I put this on, visitors were telling me that I looked so much "healthier" than when I was in the hospital - more back to my "normal self." Excellent product and color!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by all the negativity surrounding these blushes. I got mine after hearing all the hype, and I picked it up in Pink Frosting. I don't like my blush to be super dark, but I don't want it to be so light it's invisible. That's why I thought this creamy, frosting colored pink would be perfect. It can be a little hard to blend on the skin, so be careful not to use too much product at once. Also, don't dig your fingers into it, as you could loosen the product from the container and cause it to fall out. (I know I've heard about multiple people having that problem, although I have yet to run into it) The blush really sits on the skin and doesn't fade easily. It lasts all day and gives a gorgeous flush that hasn't been replicated by other blushes. My advice is to be careful and not use a heavy hand while applying. People say that these blushes aren't pigmented enough, which shocks me. I have to be careful with mine because it's so pigmented! Maybe Pink Frosting is just a really good color? Regardless, I think these blushes are worth a shot if you're tired of powder and want to try something new.