April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the pressed version of this. I prefer pressed highlighters over liquid highlighters. I like a strong highlight.

I has my eye on this after I saw someone on YouTube use this. The color is beautiful. A light, cream colored highlighter. Unlike a lot of yellow-tinged highlighters, this doesn't run gold, which I really appreciate. I don't like a strong gold sheen in my highlighters, but I love more yellowed toned ones. Anything pink usually runs too pink, and since my skin tone is already pink, I don't want to overwhelm. This has no chunks of glitter in it, which I also really like.

When I use this, I use the Real Techniques Setting Brush, a small and flat brush. It gives me heavy coverage. I use a fan brush when I want less coverage. This product kicks up a lot of powder when I use it. It doesn't appear powdery on the skin, though. I get no fall out when I apply this. It's kind of easy to go overboard with this, but as long as I tap my brush off before I apply it, I find that I don't apply too much.

I typically get 6-8 hours of wear. After that, it starts to fade. It doesn't accentuate any fine lines or pores.

My friend and I were having a "Treat Yourself" day so I wasn't looking at the price. When I got to checkout, I was blown away from the price. $38? It was expensive for what I'd like to pay for a highlighter, but it is absolutely worth the money. I get compliments when I wear this and I feel like my skin is glowing, not oily.

This is my holy grail of highlighters. I definitely want to try more colors! If you are looking for a highlighter that doesn't lean gold or have chunks of glitter in it, this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this originally during a You Tube make up tutorial by Sharon Farrell. She raved about it and I quickly came to MUA and saw all the rave reviews so I figured I had to have it. With it being winter, my face makeup, which is usually matte, had become dry and dull looking. Powder forms of highlighters kinda scare me because of my large pores and aging skin but this one seemed subtle. I have tried to use this with 3 different foundations, with and without moisturizer and with and without primer. This makes my makeup a shiny goopey mess. I welcome dewy skin but this looks oily and not pretty at all. It really makes me want to wash my makeup off and start over. I'm glad this obviously works for a lot of people but it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Phuck

There is a big difference between the powder and liquid versions of SSP. This is a basic champagne shimmer in powder form but wonderful as a liquid. When wearing the liquid it's like, "Why yes I am an angel that just fell to earth."

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by RixTrix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the liquid in moonstone and the powder in opal. They make my cheeks amazing! Put nars blush over it my skin looks amazing. A little goes a long way. So worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is stunning! I own this in opal as well. While that is gorgeous, moonstone is stunning. No shimmer, sparkles, just a dewy glow that I have never been able to find with other products. Go buy it, you'll love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The word "WOW" basically sums this up. I just recently decided to bite expensive bullet and buy this. While I waited for the shipment to arrive I was anticipating that this would be sparkley and maybe too much....maybe over hyped. It's actually amazing! I couldn't even believe how unique this product is. It applied like a very nice moisturizer and it has a cream/pearl effect that is just perfect. You don't look oily, and it's light and sheer. I didn't expect this at all. It just blows my mind how beautiful this is. I am super happy with how much you get as well. It's a nice bottle that will last a long time! :) so happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by z71krystal

Wonder product right here ladies! I Mix a pea sized amount of this with half a pea sized amount Estee Lauder Max Coverage. My face glows in a "glow from within" sort of way. Moonstone really corrects redness I think, much moreso than the other colors. It applies to a easily, lasts, at looks great in photographs. GREAT PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Lynn2013

What makes this perfect? Beautiful shimmer and SPF25! As I never get direct sunlight and never want to tan I use this as my primary (also use HourGlass primer with SPF15) sunscreen. Layered with other SPF products it gives me a beautiful lit from within shimmer under my fdtn, but once powder is on it is gone. Also, this is really greasy for even my dry skin. If you have perfect skin you could wear this, a bit of powder, no primer or liquid, and you would look great. It just didn't work for me though it's beautiful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty highlighter. When you're looking at the liquid, it is just a perfect mix of gold and silver (though it leans gold in color). It is lovely, but I don't find myself reaching for it much as I have many, many highlighters (and I prefer the color of the Opal SSP). I dont regret buying this though. It is lovely highlighter under brows and over the cheekbones, glowy but not oily/greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for two reasons: it will add glow under my BB cream or oil free fdtn (the lit from within look w/o the greasness of YSL TE for example) and it has SPF 25. So does my fdtn (Givenchy Airy Light)., and the BB cream, Mac, has SPF 35. I feel that layering two products above the recommended SPF 15 should be enough as I get really no sun at all.

This really looks good. No sparkles, but remember I put it under fdtn and BB cream. Good glow. My tone is warm with some surface redness so Moonglow evens that out. Highly recomment, am a NC25,

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No