Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica. Description: -Vitamins A, B, D, and E (none added in formula): Guard against daily damage caused by free radicals.-Avocado Oil: Provides antioxidants and emollients.-Witch Hazel: Tightens the appearance of skin and reduces the look of puffiness and redness.-Aloe Extract: Soothes the skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My HG highlighter was Dior Rose Diamond, and as its discontinued I had to look for something new. I settled on Becca Moonstone as I find if I just use a tiny bit, it's not too sparkly and can be blended with a little blush for an everyday glow. I think its a lovely highlighter, beautiful light champagne color, blends easily, not too harsh and makes my 56 year old skin feel pretty. Only downside is I can easily overdo it and I will try others. Using the tiny amount, this will last forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really enjoying this product. I wasn't quick to jump on the Becca bandwagon because I have many highlighters and illuminating/perfecting products that I really like but I saw this at my local Sephora, which only carries a very limited selection of Becca products and decided to give it a try. I've been mixing it with my IT Cosmetics CC cream and love the finished effect. Like most people, my skin gets dull and needs a bit of lift in the dark, cold days of winter and this product provides it. I have also used it on its own as a traditional liquid highlighter and I really appreciate that it is so easy to blend in for a natural glow. It's not too frosty or over the top and the result can really look like your own natural highlight and glow. Just a very nice product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A highlighter is a luxury item for me. While I consider a good foundation, mascara, and brow pencil to be absolute necessities in my travel bag, I don't always use highlighter. However, this one is particularly excellent because it blends so smoothly and easily, and you only need a tiny amount to get a beautiful luminous glow.

Becca offers several colors in their liquid highlighter. Moonstone is a soft pearlescent ivory beige with a yellow undertone. I have salvaged a matte foundation that was a bit too pink for me by mixing a small dab of Moonstone with it before I apply. However, if I had a foundation that was too yellow, adding this might impart a jaundiced look. Pearl could be used to brighten a dark foundation without shifting the tone yellow.

When I have a great foundation match and need no color correction, I just apply my base as I normally would and then use Moonstone sparingly in a C-shape around the eyes curving around the cheekbones. I find that with highlighters, subtle is better.

I prefer the liquid to the powder version of Shimmering Skin Perfector. I find that the Becca powder highlighters can emphasize textural flaws such as large pores or flakiness, whereas the liquids have more of a blurring effect and appear more natural, as if your skin is lit from within. I tried Opal but it was too peachy for me. The warm beige glow of Moonstone is better suited to my fair skin.

The large 1.7 oz. bottle with pump is $41 but Sephora offers a travel size squeeze tube which is 0.68 oz. for $19. This is a great way to try the product before committing to a full size.

Ingredients List from Sephora website:

-Vitamins A, B, D, and E: Guard against daily damage caused by free radicals.
-Avocado Oil: Provides antioxidants and emollients.
-Aloe Extract: Soothes the skin.

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Fragrance. May contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

I am in LOVE with this product! I've always appreciated a nice subtle healthy glow but never figured out how to make it happen. As I have combo skin, I am very leery of the fine line between luminous and "uh, would you like to borrow a blotting sheet?" But hallelujah, Becca liquid SSP in Moonstone is the answer to my prayers for easy moron-proof highlighting.

I apply my foundation as normal, apply setting powder, and tap/blend half a pea sized amount on the tops of my cheekbones with ring finger (clarification: half pea size amt for both cheeks - I only squeeze out the tiniest smidge for each cheekbone). This creates the most beautiful, luminous, glowy but natural (!!) sheen on your skin. It's not subtle in that the glow is barely detectable but it's subtle in how natural of a healthy sheen you get with this. On me, it looks like I just have very well moisturized cheekbones that -just- happen to catch the light perfectly. Since I'm combo skinned, I do NOT apply on forehead/nose since I will get a natural glow anyway - adding this straight is probably not going to have as nice results compared to cheeks. There is also 0 glitter so you most definitely do not have to worry about looking like you had an accident with a kindergarten craft class. I have also mixed a pea sized amount with a pump of foundation for a healthy glow that didn't turn greasy looking. I'm loving my results but I think the key is in applying very small amounts, especially if you have oily or combo skin. If I were to apply more (ex. pea sized amount on one cheek), I could see this easily veering into metallic highlight zone. For reference, I'm rougly N/NC15 and Moonstone is an excellent shade - I just get the sheen but no color.

I honestly picked up a mini of this on a whim while waiting in the corridor of doom---I mean, the Beauty to Go check out area at Sephora. At $23CDN for 0.68fl oz, it's easier to swallow than $50CDN for full sized 1.7fl oz. Since I got this during 20% off sale, I thought it was a good deal at roughly $18. Packaging in a sturdy but flexible squeeze tube so overall I'm very happy. Will definitely repurchase and recommend!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I decided to buy Moonstone as I love Mary Lou-Manizer but haven't had much luck with liquid highlighters which I think would be better for my usual makeup routine that doesn't use much powder. For reference I'm a fairly neutral ~NC30 with peach undertones and had a hard time deciding between this and Opal. This was closer to ML and I think it's an excellent choice for fair to medium skin. Finally I'm able to cross the floor and say I'm converted to liquid highlights mainly because this product is so versatile. I've been experimenting and pleased that it performs so well in numerous ways:

Strobing: Amazing for a glam highlight to emphasise the upper planes of the face like cheek bones, cupids bow, nose. I find the effect stronger but more precise if applied with a brush like MAC 159 and slightly more subtle if dabbed on with fingers. Either way it blends super easily on top of powder or liquid foundation but I've found its easy to go overboard, in which case I tone it down a little by dabbing some powder over the top. It doesn't fade, like not at all. I've worn it for 12 hours and I'm still glowing with major wow factor.

Foundation Brightener: I've mixed this in with Foundation and surprisingly it doesn't dilute the coverage. It does add such beautiful luminosity but I'd reserve mixing it with only matte or satin foundations to make them glow, lest you look like a disco ball.

Luminous base: apply before foundation for more subtle all-over glow if mixing with Foundation is too much. Unlike MAC strobe cream it does shine through fuller coverage foundations and it also extends wear time, which although not it's advertised purpose is a pleasant surprise.

Bare face: most surprising of all, this highlighter can be applied either all over or for strobing on bare skin and it's subtle. I don't understand why, maybe having Base make up makes it glow stronger? But it looks so natural just over a bit of sunscreen you get the benefits of a highlight without looking made up.

Texture: not watery but spreads easily. Not glittery but super fine shimmer particles that can't be detected once on skin yet still achieve that luminosity where it's placed.

Cons:
* honestly this deserves to be a 5 star highlighter but the pump dispenses waaay too much. Half pump is too much. I actually think I will go through the whole bottle and waste half the product which is a huge shame.
* price is obviously a downer but I think it's worth it as a little goes a long way, it's versatile, and it's better than any highlighter I've tried to date, liquid or powder (Chanel, theBalm, MAC, BeneFit, TooFaced, NARS).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

. This highlight is creamy and whoa so pigmented. A little goes a long, long way. Looks beautiful on my skin. My skin is olive tone. High quality highlight and beautiful. It has gold under tones and you just dab a little and you are ready to go. You can use this on your decollete but you need to use more than a dab to get that subtle glow. Stays all day.

I heard it looks the same as Opal but I feel it is totally different. Opal is a sandy color with gold under tones . This one has a pearl like color with gold under tones.

You can mix this with a foundation but I recommend you use a matte foundation because if not you will look like a Disco Ball.

Love love love this product. I have very dehydrated skin with open pores and wrinkles forming (mid forties and retin A user). I like a full coverage long wear foundation and prefer a more forgiving dewy or satin finish. Most long wear makeup is not a good idea for my type of skin.

I have tried expensive primers, and moisturisers, face oils and changing my finishing approach etc, all not really working for me. Either my makeup wore off, I got an oil slick, or I looked more wrinkly than ever.

With the shimmering skin perfector in Moonshine I add 1/2 to 1 pump into my foundation. I apply dots of long wear foundation over a BB cream, then I add dots of the shimmering cream. Once this is done I use a damp Beaty blender and end up with an airbrush finish! So happy I found this and I will be using this from now on. I have a beautiful subtle glow and my makeup lasting power is not impacted. I use skindinavia finishing spray and a light dusting of a translucent powder over T zone (like Laura mercier or dermablend etc). Love this latest addition to my makeup kit !

Lovely highlighter. It's a slightly peachy champagne with a very fine shimmer that translates into a natural, bright glow on the skin. It is not metallic, frosted, or otherwise fake-looking, so you can definitely wear it during the day.

Texture is easy to work with. I love that Sephora offers a smaller squeeze tube at a lower price. The Becca SSP's are some of the finest highlighters available, but the initial high price point of the large pump bottles may put people off. It also takes a very long time to get though one. I still have a Pearl SSP that's still not empty after two years.

Definite repurchase. I hope Becca puts out smaller versions of their other colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't get it? This makes my face feel SO oil slick after a few hours of wearing it with my foundation. I mix it in. I have tried multiple foundations and I could basically fry an egg on my skin whenever I use this product after a few hours. I don't know WHAT is going on because everyone else loves it. I set my face with a powder and everything that people would recommend for not being super oily, but it's all to no avail. I have a bunch of this product actually because Sephora accidentally sent me two whole bottles so I'm trying to find a use for it. It also makes my foundation separate horribly so when I try to put it on as a highlight only it gets all weird and clumpy. Ugh. Not worth so much money, though the color is beautiful.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own the liquid version of Moonstone. I decided to purchase it because I already have (and enjoy) Opal, so I figured Moonstone might look even better on my light, warm-toned skin. I do really like the color, but I found the formula and the overall effect to be... underwhelming.

Mostly, I find this product to be difficult to blend without disturbing the foundation underneath it. By the time I have it blended to the point where it isn't streaky and doesn't look like it's just sitting on top of the rest of my makeup, it no longer has the intense, glowy quality that I was hoping to achieve when I bought it. I prefer a more "in-your-face" type of highlighter, so I don't love it, and I was expecting more considering Becca's relatively high price point. If you like something more subtle, this may be worth checking out, because the shade really is gorgeous. For now I'm going to be sticking with Opal.