October 21, 2014 | 2052 users online

Sunscreen - Coola - plant uv sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the Coola Plant UV Face Sunscreen Moisturiser, not the body one (they have slightly different ingredients). The main attraction point is the natural ingredients and lack of controversial ones such as parabens, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, etc. It also is a purely physical sunscreen, utilising only zinc oxide rather than chemical sunscreens such as octinoxate and oxybenzone. Although physical sunscreens are said to leave a white cast (and if they don't, it means they are micro/nano particles and enter the skin), Coola claims to have a technology which allows transparent application without nano-sized particles.

Having said that, this sunscreen does apply with barely any white cast. It is a very dry sunscreen with very little moisturising (even normal skin types might struggle a bit). As a result, it can be a bad makeup base for dry skin. No skin reactions, my own combination skin personally quite likes this moisturiser.

I have a bone to pick with the pump on the tube. Mine does not dispense the moisturiser easily. It spits it out reluctantly so that I sometimes end up with sunscreen on my clothes. Err. They need to fix that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Have tried two other Coola sunscreens before this one and this one isn't too bad, I like the feel of the moisturizing face sunscreen better but definitely like this better than the Mineral sunscreen. This sunscreen is comprised of 70%+ certified organic ingredients, offers broad spectrum spf 30 and environmental protection. It's cruelty free, recycle friendly, green friendly and TSA approved size. It definitely works well as a sunscreen- I haven't had a sunburn at all when I used it. The only thing I'm not too keen on is that it leaves my skin quite dry even if I prep my skin with a moisturizer beforehand and for a long time after I wash it off too.

In any case, I'm definitely going to keep trying out other Coola sunscreens because I feel that the sunscreens are close to perfect but just fall slightly short. I've noticed that Coola continually reformulate their sunscreens (hopefully towards improvement).

Ingredients: Beeswax, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Buddleja Davidii Meristem Ceel Culture, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Maltodextrin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Oryzanol, Phospholipids, Polygrlyceryl-2 Dipholyhydroxystearate, Propanediol, Sodium Gluconate, Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Tocopherol Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water, Xantham Gum.