October 25, 2014 | 1948 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Shea Moisture - Olive & Green Tea Lotion w/ Avocado

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by AyoC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion, I don't love it. It's thick and moisturizing... Doesn't last for dry winter skin. If you seal with a oil as I do it's great. The ingredients are awesome too. I prefer more wet consistencies, this is thick and not wet. If you get my flow. It doesn't impart sheen. Would I buy again prob not if I got as a gift as I did then I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by gmmace80

Looking at the Shea Moisture website it looks like they may have repackaged this item as a butter instead of a lotion, which would be a good idea because it is way too thick to be packaged in a bottle. It took a tremendous amount of effort just to get a decent size blob out of the bottle, and I found the scent to be really overpowering. I only applied it to my arms, but washed it off after about 10 minutes because the fragrance was just too much for me. Unfortunate, because it seems like a nice moisturizer but I won't be using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Over all, I really enjoy this lotion. I'd almost go so far as to call it a body butter, as the consistency is quite thick, almost whipped.
I find it absorbs into my skin quickly without leaving a greasy film behind, and it does a great job keeping my skin hydrated.
The scent is wonderful. I'm not usually one for light fragrances, but this one is so fresh and clean and I can't get enough.
The only problem is the packaging. A product this thick lends itself better to a squeeze tube or a tub, but not an upright bottle with a flip cap. The hole through which the product is dispensed is just too small, and you have to use a considerable amount of force to get the product out.
The price is okay. I paid $9 at Target for a 13oz bottle, which is less than some other natural brands, but still a tad expensive for my tastes. But it works well enough and smells so good that I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lotion although I'm not sure why it's called a lotion as it has much more of a cream consistency, kind of like a thick souffle. I love how well this moisturizes my skin and the fresh scent it imparts on my skin. A con would be that it doesn't sink right away into the skin but rather sits on top of the skin for a while before sinking in so I can't put it on throughout the day- I have to use it at night and by morning it would have sunk in and leaving my extremely dry skin quite smooth and soft. The major con in my opinion is the packaging- the product tends to get stuck in the bottle and I had to use a little spoon to try and get everything out as well as bang the end of it- it's a thick consistency so I'm not sure why it's packaged this way, a jar would have been much more convenient.

However, this product is so affordable for having such great ingredients- it has no parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrance, no animal testing, no PABA, no synthetic color, no DEA, no sulfates. It belongs to a three-generation family business and it looks like they're keeping it the way it started, will definitely repurchase.

Ingredients: Deionized water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Olus Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Stearyl Alcohol (Palm Kernel), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Lanicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract