December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Vineyard Peach Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra0330

I find all the body butters from The Body Shop to be great, but this scent is the best for me! Smells like real peaches, so fresh, sweet and not at all fake! However the smell does not last for more than an hour, which is great for me as it would alter the scent of my perfume. Will repurchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I thought I would've loved this but the scent gets on my nerves after too long. It smells off somehow. Hydration is great though and product is awesome as usual for the Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by aidabit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it smells divine, like real peaches! love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the body butters from The Body Shop.They are a bit pricey ($20 for a large tub) so I usually wait until Ulta puts them on sale--they run BOGO 50% off pretty frequently and their coupons can be used on Body Shop products.

I have used the strawberry and mango body butters for years and discovered the peach a few months ago. I am a sucker for anything peach, so I just had to pick it up. It moisturizes just like the mango formula, but I have noticed that it is a bit thicker than the mango and takes a little more time to spread out and rub into my skin. The smell stays true on my skin and I can still smell a hint of it for a few hours after application, but it is not so strong that it interferes with the perfume I wear (either D&G Light Blue or Coach Poppy). I have pretty sensitive skin and have no issues with irritation.

I do like that the body butters come in tubs, since it allows you to get every last bit of product out. The different flavors/scents are different colors so they are easy to tell apart. The tubs are pretty sturdy and definitely superior than the flip-top on the body butters that come in tubes (I always seem to break the hinge!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was incredibly impressed by the scent of this alone. It doesn't smell like some cheesy candy, it really smells like freshly-cut ripe peaches! I like the packaging, although it's nothing special, just a large, round plastic tub. I like that the plastic itself is colored after the scented body butter inside so if you own multiple body butters, you can tell at a glance which one is which.

The texture of the body butter is denser than I expected and extremely buttery, and it takes a little work to really spread it out on your skin. The one thing I didn't like (although this is true of almost all body butters) is how long it takes to absorb - I was leaving weird fingertrips and skin prints everywhere shortly after application. The hydration is great, especially for dry skin or flaky areas like your knees and elbows.

I got this on sale for $10, so I'm not sure if I'd repurchase at the full price ($21) once I'm done using it. I mainly bought it for the scent alone, but it is a nice product regardless!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm not sure if I got a bad one, but something is terribly wrong with the scent of mine. In the store, i smelled the tester which smelled very pleasant and fruity.

When I got my tub home, I used it that night and the initial whiff smelled just like the store, but after I scraped out some of the product, the smell turned rancid...like moldy peaches. I continued to use the product (which in hindsight I realize I should've known better...) because I thought the fragrance was just mixing with my recently self-tanned skin and possibly causing a strange reaction. After a couple hours the smell kind of returned to the pleasant fruitiness I experienced in the store, but not 100%.

So, the next day I tried it again...one last ditch effort before I made my mind up about whether to keep or return. Yet, again - probably should've went with my gut reaction and skipped the morning application - the moldy peach smell returned. I smelled that rancid scent all day, even asking my co-worker to sniff my arm, which she agreed something was funky.

So needless to say the product is being returned. But it's a shame because I really like the formula. It hydrates my skin well and doesn't leave me feeling sticky.

I also purchased an Almond scented butter and hopefully I don't have any issues with that one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I bought this because the scent is amazing, it's about average for moisture as far as body butters from TBS go. I find their butters very hit or miss for me, often it feels like my skin is not really absorbing the moisture and I'm not getting much out of them. But if you love peach scents pick this up it's probably the nicest peach scented body cream I have found. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ulta was having a 2 for $27 sale, so I thought about getting another strawberry scented body butter, but I must have never smelled the peach last time because I like the scent even more than the strawberry! It's a true juicy peach scent and it makes my skin feel so silky. Though I like the scent better, it doesn't linger as long as my strawberry one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This has officially replaced the Mango Body Butter as my favorite. The scent is an amazing natural, fresh peach scent that lingers for a while (which I love). This soaks into my skin way quicker than the Mango (which leaves an oily residue that never completely goes away) and leaves it soft, supple and very smooth. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause my eczema to flare up, as other heavily scented products can do. I love TBS and I love anything peach, so this is definitely a winner. It IS limited edition though, so I'll probably stock up the next time they are having a sale. I never purchase anything from TBS at full price; I always wait for their sales, which they have fairly often. Their regular-sized butters retail for $20 USD, but you can usually get them for $12 during their sales. I just wish that TBS would make this one in jumbo-sized and have a matching perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Aimrimx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the body shops peach range, it smells delicious and the scent lasts a good while!